Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2005, 08:36 AM   #16
Xplicit_of_lp
CF Newbie

If you want the Neons, get them, that's all there is to it. You don't have to listen to all these guys saying "Buy performance upgrades!" If you want a nice looking car, not a fast one, go for it. Who says just cuz a car looks nice it has to be fast. If YOU like them get em. Your car should be a form of expression, almost like a piece of art (Not to be corny). Forget about everyone sayin "That's too ricy" or "that's just stupid." I think Neons look nice (if done right) But I think Huge Spoilers look stupid, but if someone wants to put one on their car, more power to them. I guess I'm jsut saying, don't ask ppl on a forum if you should put cosmetic upgrades on a car, PErformance, sure, these guys know performance stuff. But when it comes to looks, just decide yourself, or ask some close friends, not complete strangers. so, to sum it up: Get em if you like em and how they look, then ask the forum which lights to go with, or which brands, that sorta thing.
Xplicit_of_lp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:49 AM   #17
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
Is it worth getting neon underlights?
I live in Philly and they are illegal here but MOST and not all cops really dont give a damn but i dont wana throw away 220 dollars to get a ticket or anything like that
thanks for the info people
IMPORT PRIDE

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:07 AM   #18
SloMoBullet
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
Is it worth getting neon underlights?
I live in Philly and they are illegal here but MOST and not all cops really dont give a damn but i dont wana throw away 220 dollars to get a ticket or anything like that
thanks for the info people
IMPORT PRIDE

depends on the colour of the car u drive. if you drive a black car...go for it lol. black cars look great with underglows in the middle of the night. add a sound system, huge subwoofers and you're all set. and you can't get a ticket when u drive a black car. jsut turn off all your lights when the cop tries to pull u over ahahha.. ok u shouldn't take my advice.
SloMoBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:40 PM   #19
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplicit_of_lp
If you want the Neons, get them, that's all there is to it. You don't have to listen to all these guys saying "Buy performance upgrades!" If you want a nice looking car, not a fast one, go for it. Who says just cuz a car looks nice it has to be fast. If YOU like them get em. Your car should be a form of expression, almost like a piece of art (Not to be corny). Forget about everyone sayin "That's too ricy" or "that's just stupid." I think Neons look nice (if done right) But I think Huge Spoilers look stupid, but if someone wants to put one on their car, more power to them. I guess I'm jsut saying, don't ask ppl on a forum if you should put cosmetic upgrades on a car, PErformance, sure, these guys know performance stuff. But when it comes to looks, just decide yourself, or ask some close friends, not complete strangers. so, to sum it up: Get em if you like em and how they look, then ask the forum which lights to go with, or which brands, that sorta thing.

Took the words outta my mouth.
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:25 PM   #20
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

the rules are for neon that it cant be blue or red, becuase it could look like an emergency vehicle, ie ambulance or cops or something. and i just heard yesterday that you cant have any blue or red even in the interior, but i think that is bull shiz
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:09 PM   #21
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Screw that, get a cold air intake
Hey now dammit....I have green neon lights under my Saturn
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #22
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
Hey now dammit....I have green neon lights under my Saturn

Yeah but you put a big ass engine in it
Old 07-23-2005, 03:12 PM   #23
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Yeah but you put a big ass engine in it
EXACTLY...and thats what sets me apart from the rice rappers
Old 07-23-2005, 04:02 PM   #24
SuperJew
I like pie.

yeah, i must ask...i've been thinking about putting like interior neon in my car, like for at night i can just give the interior a nice glow. how much/hard would that be?

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:28 PM   #25
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
yeah, i must ask...i've been thinking about putting like interior neon in my car, like for at night i can just give the interior a nice glow. how much/hard would that be?
I wouldnt think it would be that hard. Where are you planning on putting them?
Old 07-23-2005, 05:53 PM   #26
Oomba
Banned

Neawnz are so 2002. Get sum NAWZ and sum big wing for da back of yo ride homie.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #27
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew

how many tubes/length are you talking.....footwells and under seats, your looking at 4x 6/10/12" tubes.

cost? not that much, kinda depends on where you buy the tubes from, and what type of tubes there are. Theres a store in town where I can buy pairs of 12" tubes for like 10$, and theyre APC brand, so that's a good deal. Check out ebay - you can get pairs of 10" tubes for like 7$.

as for how hard, not that hard either - all depends on how you want to do it. All of them run on 12V - so you can hardwire them into your fusebox. Do you want to run them some of the time, or only when the vehicle is running? If you want them running some of the time, you need to put a switch in line, which is simple enough(on/off toggles), if you want them to run when your car is on, wire them into the fusebox in a location that is always on when the car is on.

overall, the hardest part would be running the wires - but if you've done a stereo install, then wiring for that would be easier.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote