Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2006, 04:07 AM   #1
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Co2 gun problemo

I go a co2 gun and loaded my first co2 tank into it today (12 gram). Just got the gun and never done it before. For a minute when I tightened the tank in place, it startewd hissing gas. Someone told me that its supposed to because there isnt supposed to be too much pressure in the gun. Is this supposed to happen?
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:23 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I've got one of the paintball guns, and for me, it was just that it had to be tightened on really tight, and it did hiss...I wasted like 5 cylinders figuring this out, but tighten it on really tight, and shoot them pretty fast too, I could get anywhere from 10-25 shots per cylinder depending on how fast I shot them...but mine was the cheapest model they had lol...
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:39 AM   #3
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I've got one of the paintball guns, and for me, it was just that it had to be tightened on really tight, and it did hiss...I wasted like 5 cylinders figuring this out, but tighten it on really tight, and shoot them pretty fast too, I could get anywhere from 10-25 shots per cylinder depending on how fast I shot them...but mine was the cheapest model they had lol...
So this is normal? Should I have just tightened it more?
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:45 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
So this is normal? Should I have just tightened it more?
I'm not sure if it's normal, but mine did it too, and it worked fine (It was a Brass Eagle II(?))...gun got pretty cold though...

Tightening might snap it, especially mine, seeing how it's all plastic lol
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:03 AM   #5
adamc44
CF Freak
 
adamc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: west portsmouth ohio
Posts: 775
is your o-ring bad? ive had that happen a couple times, the co freezes the ring or it just gets wore out.
__________________
AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:22 AM   #6
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
sometimes it will hiss initially when the canister is punctured...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:59 PM   #7
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
sometimes it will hiss initially when the canister is punctured...
for how long?
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:14 AM   #8
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
for how long?


depends on how fast you can tighten it in fully lmao. with the co2 pistol I had....3-5 seconds.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:15 AM   #9
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
depends on how fast you can tighten it in fully lmao. with the co2 pistol I had....3-5 seconds.
ooo...well i didnt tighten mine fully
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 06:18 AM   #10
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
ooo...well i didnt tighten mine fully



yeah that won't help you any lol
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
starscream0
CF Addict
 
starscream0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pennsylvania (woohoo)
Posts: 371
seeing as how this is your first marker, you should have gone with something like a semi- auto mechanical spyder cheap from Wal- Mart. they use a constent air system such as a 9-20 oz. CO2 bottle. they are much easier to screw in and you get no leaks. but the Brass Eagle Blade or Ghost are good for shooting around the yard. im guessing the gun that you got is a pump?
__________________
starscream0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #12
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream0
seeing as how this is your first marker, you should have gone with something like a semi- auto mechanical spyder cheap from Wal- Mart. they use a constent air system such as a 9-20 oz. CO2 bottle. they are much easier to screw in and you get no leaks. but the Brass Eagle Blade or Ghost are good for shooting around the yard. im guessing the gun that you got is a pump?
Gun is a GAMO P-23 look it up. Its a small pistol. I fixed the problem because the first canister I had sometihng in the space for it nad it offset it, but its fixed. Shot through some campbells cans.........THROUGH
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #13
starscream0
CF Addict
 
starscream0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pennsylvania (woohoo)
Posts: 371
ooohh... i thought it was a paintball gun, not a bb gun. ok ok... umm... i dont know much about them, i am more on the professional paintball.
__________________
starscream0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.