Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2004, 02:25 AM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer

The dodgiest, worst POS car you've EVER bought!

Ok, what's the worst, most unreliable, POS car you've ever had the disadvantage of owning? I've owned a few rubbish cars in all three years of holding a UK driving lisence ...Infact, I can only recal selling two, one of which was the following one...supprisingly! The worst one would have to be my 1.4litre 1993 Ford Orion though, I bought this car from a bloke privately and at the time of purchase nothing seemed wrong with it, apart from a few little, inexpensive items that needed attention. Anyway, I was driving it for a couple of weeks and covered about a thousand miles in it. It died in the most awkward place I could have wished a car to die too. I was working about 60miles south of where I live at the time and my trusty old Ford desided that it didn't like it's currant gearbox (Tranny if you're American) when I arrived there...that's right, the Gearbox bassically broke lol, a drive shaft appeared to have popped out and hit the gearbox...you can imagine the rest lol. At first I thought it was just the drive shaft that had slipped out causing the tranny oil to leak everywhere...I descovered this wasn't the case when I found a piece of gearbox on the floor I sold it for £250 in the end as I couldn't really afford a recon gearbox at the time

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 02:09 PM   #2
rvl123
CF Newbie

1991 Nissan Sentra.

Bought it new for $9000. Broke down at least 5 times after we finally got rid of it in 1994
rvl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 07:25 PM   #3
DodgeRida67
Banned

'82 Chevy C-10 Custom Delux.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:01 AM   #4
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

FORD = Found On Road Dead
Old 05-23-2004, 12:56 AM   #5
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48

Fix Or Repair Daily
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 12:59 AM   #6
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Either way, when you are talking about a POS, it usualy is a Ford. Even the movies slam Ford, Ex. Men In Black. "all the technology in the univerise and you drive a Ford POS"
Old 05-23-2004, 01:02 AM   #7
cinqyg
CF Freak

01 1.2 clio hire car, seatbelts broke sensor broke and it was tied into the ignition so you couldnt start the car, used so much petrol i could have run yank tank, it squeeked and rattled, didnt indicate right if you had the headlights on, reversing lights only worked when had the rear wiper on, the rear wash never worked and just sprayed the headlineing, the spareswheel fell off when going over a speed hump, i had to put my foot over the steering wheel to get in. I couldnt drive with shoes on becuase my feet were to big (size 13-14). Electric windows opened themselves when it rained. The abs cut in when cournering so you got loads of understeer.

Not much else went wrong, lol, but there was no boot space and genrallt rubbish.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:27 PM   #8
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Either way, when you are talking about a POS, it usualy is a Ford. Even the movies slam Ford, Ex. Men In Black. "all the technology in the univerise and you drive a Ford POS"

i guess its because ford doesnt like you. i have many relatives who have fords, heck, my dad contracts for ford and they say ford builds decent cars. its just your luck man.

regarding the topic, i have never "owned" a car, the subaru and camry were/are in my dad's name, so i cant answer this yet.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 02:04 AM   #9
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Talking

Quote:
Ford = First of Race Day
Ford (backwards) = Driver Returns on Foot
Honda = Hold on, not done accelerating
Chevrolet = Car Has Extensive Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips (I know, a stretch, but hey...)
BMW = Bought My Wife

But seriously, Ford Trucks are top notch, and their performance cars are awesome. They had some problems back in the day, but nowadays most of the "ford is a POS" nonsense comes from ricers and jealous Chevy guys.

Last edited by Widowmaker2k : 05-24-2004 at 02:08 AM.
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:43 AM   #10
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
Ford = First of Race Day
Chevrolet = Car Has Extensive Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips (I know, a stretch, but hey...)
BMW = Bought My Wife

But seriously, Ford Trucks are top notch, and their performance cars are awesome. They had some problems back in the day, but nowadays most of the "ford is a POS" nonsense comes from ricers and jealous Chevy guys.

totally agree with the bmw, slightly off topic
MARINE: My Ass Rides In Navy Equiptment!

Pitty they dont know how to use it lol.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:07 AM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
01 1.2 clio hire car, seatbelts broke sensor broke and it was tied into the ignition so you couldnt start the car, used so much petrol i could have run yank tank, it squeeked and rattled, didnt indicate right if you had the headlights on, reversing lights only worked when had the rear wiper on, the rear wash never worked and just sprayed the headlineing, the spareswheel fell off when going over a speed hump, i had to put my foot over the steering wheel to get in. I couldnt drive with shoes on becuase my feet were to big (size 13-14). Electric windows opened themselves when it rained. The abs cut in when cournering so you got loads of understeer.

Not much else went wrong, lol, but there was no boot space and genrallt rubbish.
LOL...Quality French cars for ya I guess. I was shocked that you had that many problems with it though, the reverse lighting issue might have been some dodgy wiring though, as on that car when you put it in reverse, the rear wiper is programed to operate..I suppose it's so you are able to see where you're going if it's raining...obviously the average car driver is far too thick to switch it on himself

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 02:28 AM   #12
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
Ford = First of Race Day
BMW = Bought My Wife

Very nice. I like the honda one

It is true the f150 is a great truck, but my mom had two 60s mustangs and she will never own another one. To each his own
Old 05-25-2004, 04:33 AM   #13
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Very nice. I like the honda one

It is true the f150 is a great truck, but my mom had two 60s mustangs and she will never own another one. To each his own

Yeah, it's really all about what you like. I personally like Chevy's...the Corvette is an awesome machine, and the Camaro has a very good dollar/hp ratio! (Especially as underrated as they are.) I can't speak for the 60's Mustangs, but the new GT's hold up pretty well.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:15 PM   #14
cinqyg
CF Freak

thats an interesting point, cliffy and english clan what do you think has the best hp/£ ratio???
Old 05-25-2004, 08:23 PM   #15
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
thats an interesting point, cliffy and english clan what do you think has the best hp/£ ratio???
The TVR Cerbera 4.5 V8... No question.. It was voted the best value car by some motoring mag somewhere...

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote