Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2005, 06:50 PM   #46
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
OK Chris, your turn to be ignorant. Actually I'm homeschooled and taking courses at a community college, so I get my A's by putting down the right answers. No, my parents don't give me any slack, and the professors at the college sure don't either.

How does anything I said point to being "ignorant?" Whether your teachers are in a school or are your parents, do they allow you to let your answers be wrong if you say "well, it's my opinion?" I doubt it, yet you want to be allowed that here or you get mad at whoever is pointing it out?

Quote:
And I see your point about the hobby thing now, so you win. Happy now?

WTF? Do you say this to your parents when they point out where you were wrong in your schoolwork?

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:17 PM   #47
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Why does every thread i post at turn into a argument.... This isnt going to be JUST a hobby for me, i plan to do it as a job. Buying old cars,fixing them, and selling them for twice as much as i payed for them.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:26 PM   #48
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Well I TRIED to conceed Chris. You said that the only way all the people on here get A's is because they tell their techers "it's my opinion that it's right, therefore it should be" and that's why we have that attitude on these forums. I was explaining that that's not he way it goes. So I quit, you win, leave it at that.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:29 PM   #49
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Why does every thread i post at turn into a argument.... This isnt going to be JUST a hobby for me, i plan to do it as a job. Buying old cars,fixing them, and selling them for twice as much as i payed for them.
Good luck with that. By the way, all threads turn into arguments. Its just the forum's nature. Dont take any mind to it. Just leave the LHS as it is, its a good car. If you dont want it I will ship you my Neon and you can work with that well do an even trade. Trust me just keep the car and drive it thats it.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:15 AM   #50
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Why does every thread i post at turn into a argument....

way to go, man... another sandlercd_22 post--another argument....

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:33 AM   #51
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
way to go, man... another sandlercd_22 post--another argument....

Old 12-08-2005, 06:34 AM   #52
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Ok shifting topic. We just got a big snow fall here in good ol oklahoma (near tulsa if ya dont belive me) and my car (73 Nova if ya already havnt known) doesnt exactly have traction control. in other words its hell to drive in the snow. Now my mom blames me for my led foot but i say its the car. Is there anywhere i can get 14 inch mud tires that will fit in my fenders. I cant drive that car in the snow anymore. Theres no stopping nor any accel.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #53
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Ok shifting topic. We just got a big snow fall here in good ol oklahoma (near tulsa if ya dont belive me) and my car (73 Nova if ya already havnt known) doesnt exactly have traction control. in other words its hell to drive in the snow. Now my mom blames me for my led foot but i say its the car. Is there anywhere i can get 14 inch mud tires that will fit in my fenders. I cant drive that car in the snow anymore. Theres no stopping nor any accel.

i would not advise mud tires for the snow... i made the mistake of having m/t's on the brown truck in the winter and found out from a buddy that owns a tire shop that in mud, you want a tread pattern that will clean itself out, whereas in snow, you want a pattern that will hold it in... that truck will go thru a million feet of mud, but dust the ground w/ snow, and it's slippin and slidin...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #54
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Can't you get chains anywhere?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #55
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Snow is mud? Get snow tires. If you dont plan to keep the car, I wouldnt even spend the money on them. Get chains

Old 12-09-2005, 05:57 AM   #56
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Im keeping my Nova FOREVER! idc if i have to get a whole new engine. Its my first car. sentimental values.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #57
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Im keeping my Nova FOREVER! idc if i have to get a whole new engine. Its my first car. sentimental values.
So stick it in your bedroom, but for now drive the LHS