Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2005, 06:50 PM   #46
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
OK Chris, your turn to be ignorant. Actually I'm homeschooled and taking courses at a community college, so I get my A's by putting down the right answers. No, my parents don't give me any slack, and the professors at the college sure don't either.

How does anything I said point to being "ignorant?" Whether your teachers are in a school or are your parents, do they allow you to let your answers be wrong if you say "well, it's my opinion?" I doubt it, yet you want to be allowed that here or you get mad at whoever is pointing it out?

Quote:
And I see your point about the hobby thing now, so you win. Happy now?


WTF? Do you say this to your parents when they point out where you were wrong in your schoolwork?
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:17 PM   #47
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
Why does every thread i post at turn into a argument.... This isnt going to be JUST a hobby for me, i plan to do it as a job. Buying old cars,fixing them, and selling them for twice as much as i payed for them.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:26 PM   #48
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Well I TRIED to conceed Chris. You said that the only way all the people on here get A's is because they tell their techers "it's my opinion that it's right, therefore it should be" and that's why we have that attitude on these forums. I was explaining that that's not he way it goes. So I quit, you win, leave it at that.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:29 PM   #49
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Why does every thread i post at turn into a argument.... This isnt going to be JUST a hobby for me, i plan to do it as a job. Buying old cars,fixing them, and selling them for twice as much as i payed for them.
Good luck with that. By the way, all threads turn into arguments. Its just the forum's nature. Dont take any mind to it. Just leave the LHS as it is, its a good car. If you dont want it I will ship you my Neon and you can work with that well do an even trade. Trust me just keep the car and drive it thats it.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:15 AM   #50
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Why does every thread i post at turn into a argument....

way to go, man... another sandlercd_22 post--another argument....
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:33 AM   #51
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
way to go, man... another sandlercd_22 post--another argument....
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 06:34 AM   #52
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
Ok shifting topic. We just got a big snow fall here in good ol oklahoma (near tulsa if ya dont belive me) and my car (73 Nova if ya already havnt known) doesnt exactly have traction control. in other words its hell to drive in the snow. Now my mom blames me for my led foot but i say its the car. Is there anywhere i can get 14 inch mud tires that will fit in my fenders. I cant drive that car in the snow anymore. Theres no stopping nor any accel.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #53
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Ok shifting topic. We just got a big snow fall here in good ol oklahoma (near tulsa if ya dont belive me) and my car (73 Nova if ya already havnt known) doesnt exactly have traction control. in other words its hell to drive in the snow. Now my mom blames me for my led foot but i say its the car. Is there anywhere i can get 14 inch mud tires that will fit in my fenders. I cant drive that car in the snow anymore. Theres no stopping nor any accel.

i would not advise mud tires for the snow... i made the mistake of having m/t's on the brown truck in the winter and found out from a buddy that owns a tire shop that in mud, you want a tread pattern that will clean itself out, whereas in snow, you want a pattern that will hold it in... that truck will go thru a million feet of mud, but dust the ground w/ snow, and it's slippin and slidin...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:28 PM   #54
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Ok shifting topic. We just got a big snow fall here in good ol oklahoma (near tulsa if ya dont belive me) and my car (73 Nova if ya already havnt known) doesnt exactly have traction control. in other words its hell to drive in the snow. Now my mom blames me for my led foot but i say its the car. Is there anywhere i can get 14 inch mud tires that will fit in my fenders. I cant drive that car in the snow anymore. Theres no stopping nor any accel.
Can't you get chains anywhere?
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #55
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Ok shifting topic. We just got a big snow fall here in good ol oklahoma (near tulsa if ya dont belive me) and my car (73 Nova if ya already havnt known) doesnt exactly have traction control. in other words its hell to drive in the snow. Now my mom blames me for my led foot but i say its the car. Is there anywhere i can get 14 inch mud tires that will fit in my fenders. I cant drive that car in the snow anymore. Theres no stopping nor any accel.
Snow is mud? Get snow tires. If you dont plan to keep the car, I wouldnt even spend the money on them. Get chains
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:57 AM   #56
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
Im keeping my Nova FOREVER! idc if i have to get a whole new engine. Its my first car. sentimental values.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #57
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Im keeping my Nova FOREVER! idc if i have to get a whole new engine. Its my first car. sentimental values.
So stick it in your bedroom, but for now drive the LHS
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.