Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
Neo_Enigma
CF Newbie

Vehicle Comparison

Hello, I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I looked for one like it and have only found "RSX Vs. Scion" So here goes. I am looking to buy a car and here is basically what I want out of it: I want a sporty and sleek look, manual, I want a good daily driving car but can also get up and go pretty good, I'll probably end up modding it, I want good quality factory audio and interior work, I want it to be a 4 banger and I'm stuck between these vehicles. The Acura RSX Type S or Scion tC or Dodge Neon SRT4 or Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged. Let's say I want to spend between $20-25K, preferably the low end of that. The Type S runs around $23K I believe, the Cobalt SS around $21-22K, the SRT4 around $19-20. So what would be the best bang for my buck? Oh and the tC runs around $16-17K and would be the slowest of them all but I figure if I spend $16K on it and I still want to get to that $20-25K limit then I still have a good $4-9K to spend on the many customizable features, including the TRD installed Supercharger which would put it at only around 200-205HP (is that worth it?) Please tell me what you would do and why. Or give me some good feedback at least. I am pretty ignorant of automobiles and engines so please put more advanced talk in laymen terms. Thanks! Oh and, while I am here.. Say somehow I came across $30-35K.. Should I get the Mits. Lancer Evo, Subaru Impreza WRX Sti or Nissan 350Z? Thanks again. I look forward to your replies and hopefully limited flamage
Neo_Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #2
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast

Out of them all, I would go with the SRT-4, its got the most power and cheaper then Cobalt and RSX. Scion tC is the worst of them all, but cheapest.
And if you had that more, i'd go with the STi.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Just so you know, most of the replies you'll recieve on this subject will be directly influenced by the responders personal preference, not what car is better suited to your needs and desires. Your best bet would be to consult some unbiased magazines like Car & Driver and others. Also speak to someone who has the car you're looking at. The best place for that is to accost them while pumping gas, and start by asking them if they'd buy another one like it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:13 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

The sRT-4 will be the quickest and likely be the best handling (depends on what place you look at handling numbers, but it would be between the Type-S and SRT-4 for sure). IF you're strapped on cash, get the tC as it's a good $3500-$4000 cheaper than the 2nd cheapest one on there, the Cobalt SS.

If it were me? I'd take none of those, as the new Civic Si is coming out and it's going to marvelous, and have a pricepoint well under the RSX-S (supposed to be right under $20,000). It's going to be quicker than the RSX-S and handle much better (new suspension setup, better engine mounts {no wheelhop} and SUMMER performance tires). Did I mention it's getting an LSD! Thank god Honda is finally putting an LSD into a budget performance car again. IT should have acceleration not far behind the SRT-4 as well. I'm not a huge Dodge Neon fan (the looks and interior really get me down) but the 2.4T powerplant is extremely powerful.

It's all up to you. Drive them all and see what you like. The new Si will be out by the end of the year.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:12 AM   #5
importluva
Obsessed with imports

the Neon is fast, but its got a prety crap interior. the S easily has the best interior. The scion has potential. If you have $25k the new WRX is the way to go.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:17 AM   #6
Vlad
CF Addict

Yea, consider the new Si. I say you should go test drive them all and see which one you like best. SRT-4 is good because of the speed, but the looks can't compare to the others in my opinion. I would stay away from the Tc unless you're low on cash. It's 0-60 is 8 seconds, and I believe the RSX and SS both do it in 6 something. I also hear its a bad handler. Then its up to you with one you like better, the RSX or SS, I would probably go with the acura but would have to test drive them both.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote