Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2004, 09:33 PM   #136
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

vwhobo, I see your shtick. When you can't answer in an intelligent manner, you start picking apart a post word by word, seeing if you can start anything. Trying it find contradictions and behavioral issues you can slam on so that you can completely discredit someone.

Nice try. The fact is that your response to him about the '81 Camaro was designed to denigrate his choice, by discrediting his choice of calling it a favorite classis car. Your attitude in that post was not about haivng a conversation about it, or even saying anything other than "it is generally considered to be the worst Camaro." Why the eff was that even necessary to say? It would make sense if he was asking, "hey, what does everyone think about an '81 camaro? I was thinking of buying one." It would have been a good response to somone saying, "'81 Camaros, rock! They are the best Camaros ever, and everyone knows it!" Your post was, in effect, a way to state, "that's a horrible car to have as a favorite, because everyone knows they suck!"

That's how it came across, but even then I was, in MY post, giving you a gentle ribbing about it (notice the winking smiley?), and adding some factual information about the car. So of course, that means you HAVE to be a dick in return, to live up to your reputation. Jesus, you're a worse curmudgeon than *I* am, and that takes a bit of work to do!

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 12:22 AM   #137
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Cutlass442
Just chill guys. Yes this is my first day but slamming idiots will only make them defensive and they won't learn anything because the mind closes when you feel embarrassed about your own shortcomings. Just a quick thought there since it's easy to tell who has the knowledge and who is somewhat lacking.

1971 Plymouth RoadRunner with the 426
1971 Plymouth GTX with the 440
1972 Cutlass 442 W-30 with the 455 Rocket
1954 Chevy Custom Deluxe 5-window with the 289? engine
240 z's are the only asian imports worth driving
60's VW Bugs even though I don't fit in them (6ft 8in)
1972 Chevy Cheyenne

I picked ones that are realistic to own and some that I do own. I just can't see dreaming about a $200,000 car that I can't ever have. All that does for me is give me a lifelong set of hypothetical blueballs. Just my humble opinion.

Man 72Cutlass442, I thought I was the only other person out there that was height impared when it came to driving cars. (6'6") Glad to see that there are others out there that won't fit in the backseat's of most vehicles. I thought it was just me

~Peace
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 03:08 AM   #138
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
vwhobo, I see your shtick. When you can't answer in an intelligent manner, you start picking apart a post word by word, seeing if you can start anything. Trying it find contradictions and behavioral issues you can slam on so that you can completely discredit someone.

Nice try. The fact is that your response to him about the '81 Camaro was designed to denigrate his choice, by discrediting his choice of calling it a favorite classis car. Your attitude in that post was not about haivng a conversation about it, or even saying anything other than "it is generally considered to be the worst Camaro." Why the eff was that even necessary to say? It would make sense if he was asking, "hey, what does everyone think about an '81 camaro? I was thinking of buying one." It would have been a good response to somone saying, "'81 Camaros, rock! They are the best Camaros ever, and everyone knows it!" Your post was, in effect, a way to state, "that's a horrible car to have as a favorite, because everyone knows they suck!"

That's how it came across, but even then I was, in MY post, giving you a gentle ribbing about it (notice the winking smiley?), and adding some factual information about the car. So of course, that means you HAVE to be a dick in return, to live up to your reputation. Jesus, you're a worse curmudgeon than *I* am, and that takes a bit of work to do!
Once again you're attempting to put words in my mouth. You can interpret my post any way you want, you can twist it and you can pretend to be the saviour of Car-Forums, but... The fact still remains that I never made an insulting remark about the car. I stated a fact and I stated my opinion and I clearly said which was which.

The only problem here is the fact that you were caught breaking your own rules and aren't man enough to simply admit it. Typing one of your 3,000 word essays will not shroud that fact that you have made an error in judgement. It's funny how when you pick apart what someone says it's critical thinking but when someone else does it to you it's "shtick". I have a word for your way of thinking and that word is bullsh*t. Have a nice day.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:07 AM   #139
72Cutlass442
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Man 72Cutlass442, I thought I was the only other person out there that was height impared when it came to driving cars. (6'6") Glad to see that there are others out there that won't fit in the backseat's of most vehicles. I thought it was just me

~Peace
Why do you think I hate ricers as much as I do. I hate everything about them in the first place but the fact that I don't fit in them doesn't help with me liking them. Oh well. Not like I really wanted to drive them anyway right.
72Cutlass442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 06:44 PM   #140
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Once again you're attempting to put words in my mouth. You can interpret my post any way you want, you can twist it and you can pretend to be the saviour of Car-Forums, but... The fact still remains that I never made an insulting remark about the car. I stated a fact and I stated my opinion and I clearly said which was which.

The only problem here is the fact that you were caught breaking your own rules and aren't man enough to simply admit it. Typing one of your 3,000 word essays will not shroud that fact that you have made an error in judgement. It's funny how when you pick apart what someone says it's critical thinking but when someone else does it to you it's "shtick". I have a word for your way of thinking and that word is bullsh*t. Have a nice day.

Believe what you want. It's what you're best at.

How did I break ANY of my "rules?" You talk about putting words in people's mouths...

BTW, I picked apart what you said because you had set the precedent.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 08:11 PM   #141
SuperJew
I like pie.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote