Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2006, 08:15 PM   #46
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer
 
car_crazy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
youve gotta be joking...

this beast doesnt even look street legal
Why do you say that? It's got all the things you need for a street legal car (by the looks of it anyways). Plus he says this:
Quote:
Now this is not a show car but let me tell you it draws looks going down the road and a crowd everywhere I park

It says that it was never run in 1/4 mile but he thinks it'll run low 11's/high 10's..
__________________

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #47
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Hobo, don't want to rain on your parade, but my V8 RX7 didn't have cats anymore, was street driven for years that way, and even posted on websites around the world. It still is, with info on the exhaust system used. Any feds that gave a shit could have come looking for me, but the reality is, since the work was not done at a licensed shop, they literally don't give a shit.

The reality is that less than one tenth of one percent of car owners nationwide build cars like that, and it's just not worth tracking them down. Licensed shops that do that are worth tracking down.

There are a couple states that have made it hard on hobbyists in that regard, but in general, it's not an issue. I could've taken a new Mustang home, dropped in a BOSS429, and no one would have cared.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:50 AM   #48
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Hobo, don't want to rain on your parade, but my V8 RX7 didn't have cats anymore, was street driven for years that way, and even posted on websites around the world. It still is, with info on the exhaust system used. Any feds that gave a shit could have come looking for me, but the reality is, since the work was not done at a licensed shop, they literally don't give a shit.

The reality is that less than one tenth of one percent of car owners nationwide build cars like that, and it's just not worth tracking them down. Licensed shops that do that are worth tracking down.

There are a couple states that have made it hard on hobbyists in that regard, but in general, it's not an issue. I could've taken a new Mustang home, dropped in a BOSS429, and no one would have cared.
Gee Chris, I don't want to rain on your parade, but the fact still remains that it IS a federal offense. I don't recall saying that there are catalytic converter checkpoints being set up or anything of that nature. If you can show me that it's legal, I'll retract my statement. Until then, it stands.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:09 AM   #49
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
She actually said "ignorant little f*cking pussies". Then she got me a beer.


I can just picture it, VWHobo sitting in his fireplace arm chair like Robert Young and Jane Wyatt comes in with a martini and the paper.."How was your day Honey?" as she corrects VW's silk cravat, repacks his pipe and swaps his shoes for slippers. "Oh failry typical dear, I tamed a few lions, split the atom, wrestled some alligators and did battle with some youths on CarForums". "Ward honey, you really need to take care of yourself, let me have a look at what those awful boys are saying on CF while you rest those fingers in my lap..... ooh dear Ward, they are precocious for such young kiddies". "No dear you have it wrong, these are adolescents, not prepubescent!". "Oh I see honey, then I would say they are ignorant little f*cking pussies, wouldn't you?". "Yes dear, now daddy wants to play doctors and nurses, you can be Mrs Doctor today, so go scrub up".
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."

Last edited by Wally : 04-11-2006 at 05:12 AM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #50
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I can just picture it, VWHobo sitting in his fireplace arm chair like Robert Young and Jane Wyatt comes in with a martini and the paper.."How was your day Honey?" as she corrects VW's silk cravat, repacks his pipe and swaps his shoes for slippers. "Oh failry typical dear, I tamed a few lions, split the atom, wrestled some alligators and did battle with some youths on CarForums". "Ward honey, you really need to take care of yourself, let me have a look at what those awful boys are saying on CF while you rest those fingers in my lap..... ooh dear Ward, they are precocious for such young kiddies". "No dear you have it wrong, these are adolescents, not prepubescent!". "Oh I see honey, then I would say they are ignorant little f*cking pussies, wouldn't you?". "Yes dear, now daddy wants to play doctors and nurses, you can be Mrs Doctor today, so go scrub up".
LOL..that was hillarious. It's frightening, too, that I have the same image lol. I love it when ChrisV and Hobo "clash" too lol....
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:01 AM   #51
happyboy7
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4
I had a friend heavily modify a Lincoln Continental. I couldn't believe how fast that car could move!!!
happyboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #52
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Gee Chris, I don't want to rain on your parade, but the fact still remains that it IS a federal offense. I don't recall saying that there are catalytic converter checkpoints being set up or anything of that nature. If you can show me that it's legal, I'll retract my statement. Until then, it stands.

As much as you complain about other's reading comprehension, you might want to try some yourself. I never said it was legal. I said no one GAVE a shit. It was in response to you saying this:

Quote:
You have bragged on an online forum that's readily accessible by the general public that your father has committed a felonious act. Gutting/removing/modifying the catalytic converters is a federal offense punishable by jail and $5k per day per occurrence. Just in the last 24 hours you may have cost your family $10k. Ooops.

He hasn't cost his family anything, and saying that your car has gutted cats on a public forum means somewhere between diddly and squat to the feds. If a SHOP does it, it CAN be an issue. But merely saying on a public forum that your car has gutted or missing cats is a non issue, but you made it out to BE one. That makes YOU, if not wrong, then horribly misguided. And that's just not your style.

To sum up..
He said he had gutted cats. YOU said that HE was in danger and that his family would face fines and possible imprisonment by simply mentioning it on a public forum. I responded that the feds don't give a shit about public forums, magazine spreads, or websites, and used personal experience to back up that statement. You responded by asking where it's legal, which has nothing to do with them actually enforcing or caring about it outside what a licensed shop is doing.

It's POSSIBLE that someone might care and go after him. It's POSSIBLE that you might drop dead by me saying "drop dead!" on a public forum. Is it likely? Is it worth worrying about? No. In both cases.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #53
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
As much as you complain about other's reading comprehension, you might want to try some yourself. I never said it was legal. I said no one GAVE a shit. It was in response to you saying this:



He hasn't cost his family anything, and saying that your car has gutted cats on a public forum means somewhere between diddly and squat to the feds. If a SHOP does it, it CAN be an issue. But merely saying on a public forum that your car has gutted or missing cats is a non issue, but you made it out to BE one. That makes YOU, if not wrong, then horribly misguided. And that's just not your style.

To sum up..
He said he had gutted cats. YOU said that HE was in danger and that his family would face fines and possible imprisonment by simply mentioning it on a public forum. I responded that the feds don't give a shit about public forums, magazine spreads, or websites, and used personal experience to back up that statement. You responded by asking where it's legal, which has nothing to do with them actually enforcing or caring about it outside what a licensed shop is doing.

It's POSSIBLE that someone might care and go after him. It's POSSIBLE that you might drop dead by me saying "drop dead!" on a public forum. Is it likely? Is it worth worrying about? No. In both cases.
Then why is it neccesary for you to make it an issue... Other than you feel the need to espouse your opinion? Everything I said was a fact. Far fetched? Possibly, but fact none the less. So, what I said in my previous posts stands. His father has commited a felonious act and could be held liable for such. You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it.

I also find it ironic that your opinion seems to once again outweigh the facts. You of all people who claims to stand for truth and education. Shame on you. Pot, kettle, black. Not too long ago on this forum I said JOKINGLY that something was only illegal if you were caught and was severely reprimanded for it. Where were you then, or was it because you wouldn't have the opportunity to have a pointless e-argument with me?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:46 AM   #54
Aondor
CF Addict
 
Aondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Then why is it neccesary for you to make it an issue... Other than you feel the need to espouse your opinion? Everything I said was a fact. Far fetched? Possibly, but fact none the less. So, what I said in my previous posts stands. His father has commited a felonious act and could be held liable for such. You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it.

I also find it ironic that your opinion seems to once again outweigh the facts. You of all people who claims to stand for truth and education. Shame on you. Pot, kettle, black. Not too long ago on this forum I said JOKINGLY that something was only illegal if you were caught and was severely reprimanded for it. Where were you then, or was it because you wouldn't have the opportunity to have a pointless e-argument with me?

Im sure Chrisv was off somewhere having a life unlike you who's life is ruling C/f with an iron fist.
Hobo your right- but just liike the infractione you pointed out no one gives a shit. Leave the poor kid and his imaginary car alone.
pwned 1337( just because you said it makes me look retarded. Much less retarded then spending your life picking apart people online)
__________________
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #55
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Then why is it neccesary for you to make it an issue... Other than you feel the need to espouse your opinion?

Pot... Kettle... Black... Why was it necessary for YOU to say HE had possibly ruined HIS family's life? Other than the need for you to espouse YOUR opinion and cut someone down?

Knock of the double standards, Hobo. It doesn't suit you. If you can state yours, I can state mine in return.



Quote:
Everything I said was a fact.

So was everything I said. NO one gives a shit on forums or elswhere, therefor your "warning" was unneseccary and meaningless.



This was in magazines. Name, license number, NO CATS. Never an issue. Thousands more car builders do this regularly, and no one cares, Therefore your scare tactics were smoke an mirrors.

Oh, and I'm not here ALL the TIME. I've been gone for the past week on vacation, for example. Or I'm travelling for work. or I'm simply not checking in. it's not a requirement for me to be here. If a thread drops off the bottom of the first page before I get back, I don't respond, for example.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #56
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Pot... Kettle... Black... Why was it necessary for YOU to say HE had possibly ruined HIS family's life? Other than the need for you to espouse YOUR opinion and cut someone down?

Knock of the double standards, Hobo. It doesn't suit you. If you can state yours, I can state mine in return.

So was everything I said. NO one gives a shit on forums or elswhere, therefor your "warning" was unneseccary and meaningless.

This was in magazines. Name, license number, NO CATS. Never an issue. Thousands more car builders do this regularly, and no one cares, Therefore your scare tactics were smoke an mirrors.

Oh, and I'm not here ALL the TIME. I've been gone for the past week on vacation, for example. Or I'm travelling for work. or I'm simply not checking in. it's not a requirement for me to be here. If a thread drops off the bottom of the first page before I get back, I don't respond, for example.
Sorry to get your panties in a wad Chris, but I NEVER said that things you stated were incorrect. I know that does nothing to support your current opinion, but it's a fact. But once again your opinion overides that facts. Removing or modifying cats is illegal. Now, lets consider YOUR reading comprehension, or serious lack thereof.

Nowhere in this thread have I said gutting the cats cost his family anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
He hasn't cost his family anything,

Nor have I ever stated that his family's life has been ruined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Why was it necessary for YOU to say HE had possibly ruined HIS family's life?
Again I know those are only facts that don't serve your purpose. The only thing you're accomplishing here is making yourself look exactly like the morons that you and I rail against all the time. I don't know, maybe you got too much sun while on vacation, or maybe you're still drunk. Either way, putting words into my mouth isn't gonna work. Show me anywhere in this post;

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
That is the sound of back peddling. But now here's a problem that I see. You have bragged on an online forum that's readily accessible by the general public that your father has committed a felonious act. Gutting/removing/modifying the catalytic converters is a federal offense punishable by jail and $5k per day per occurrence. Just in the last 24 hours you may have cost your family $10k. Ooops.
where I'm factually incorrect and I'll retract it. Until then, you're just displaying the traits that you despise so much in others. Have a nice day.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #57
musclecarneon
Banned
 
musclecarneon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I just looked in the dictionary at the word moron, and your picture was next to it. Do you understand what "federal offense" means? It doesn't matter what the local cops do, it's illegal everywhere in the United States of America, and you announced to the world that your father did it. That's not a flame, that's a fact.

BTW, my wife just read your post over my shoulder while I was typing. She asked me why I waste my time on ignorant little pussies like you. I didn't have a good answer.

your wife must rock ... lucky man ...
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.