Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
newyorker
MXman

Summer wheel project

Picked up some Rota Subzeroes really cheap yesterday $50 for the set with tires, 2 are shot 2 are good. One wheel has a slight wobble, but im not worried. Its gona get repaired and im going to refinish all 4 of the wheels in the same gunmetal color. Not sure what tires I will get yet, but I love them already. 12.9lbs per wheel, 15x6.5

First step is to get the tires off, then I can get the repair done and start refinishing.

Also picked up a free in-dash. Guy said it turns on but the screen doesnt move out, so thats a little project as well.

He also gave me 4 Civic EG cornerlamps to play with. I want to see if I can black them out and seal them right so they dont leak, if I succeed I will black out my headlights.

I figure a month till the wheels are ready for tires
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

/laughs to himself at the irony of a multi-page replacement car thread that was obviously complete bullshit.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
/laughs to himself at the irony of a multi-page replacement car thread that was obviously complete bullshit.
Dont worry, I got a little somethin coming. Ill save the surprise for later, say August
Old 05-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

The wheels look like they are in decent condition, looks like a cool project. I'm curious about that surprise too though...
Old 05-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
The wheels look like they are in decent condition, looks like a cool project. I'm curious about that surprise too though...
Im worried about the wobbled wheel cause if it cant get repaired then i have to either

a. hunt for a rota subzero in that size and lug pattern, and its not made anymore
b. get a konig minuz and shave the letters around the valve stem off cause they are the only thing that seperate the minuz from the subzero

In-dash is gone, its missing some motor in it that will cost more to get than the unit is worth.

Im gona try to get the tires removed this weekend and start stripping them. Done school on the 19th so I will start painting then.

Not sure on color though. I might leave them unpainted cause they have a polished surface under the paint, ill see what happens.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #6
newyorker
MXman

UPDATE: Just ordered another wheel. The site had one left in that size and lug pattern. $129 and change

Im happy
Old 05-07-2008, 01:54 AM   #7
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

With all due respect, you change your wheels nearly weekly.

That aside, I thought you decided to sell the car? Now you're throwing more money into it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Dont worry, I got a little somethin coming. Ill save the surprise for later, say August

Let me guess...another new engine from Japan.

Geez.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:27 AM   #8
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
With all due respect, you change your wheels nearly weekly.

That aside, I thought you decided to sell the car? Now you're throwing more money into it?

Let me guess...another new engine from Japan.

Geez.
Dont worry, its all coming together well for me. Dont try to be a critic either cause you dont know shit about what im doing. When you buy a car, and work, and put money into it, you can talk all the shit in the world, but until then, sit back and watch. kthnxbye
Old 05-07-2008, 03:18 AM   #9
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Dont worry, its all coming together well for me. Dont try to be a critic either cause you dont know shit about what im doing. When you buy a car, and work, and put money into it, you can talk all the shit in the world, but until then, sit back and watch. kthnxbye
If we have to listen to each new hair-brained scheme you come up with, then I think we have a right to be critical about the hypocrisy in each (ie: then next one usually directly contradicts the last). And don't say "well, don't read it then", because you posted it on an open forum, so you have to deal with feedback.

[Edit]:
Quote:
When you buy a car, and work, and put money into it, you can talk all the shit in the world
So, any of us who (a) work, (b) own our own car, and (c) have spent money on the car can "talk all the shit in the world"?
hmm.... better stop telling us to shut up when we pick holes in your "ideas" then.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:39 AM   #10
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Wow, did I call this or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
At the end of all of this you're going to wind up with a set of new wheels for your shopping cart.

See newyorker's Big Dumb Pointless New Car Thread.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:32 AM   #11
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Old 05-07-2008, 05:19 AM   #12
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
If we have to listen to each new hair-brained scheme you come up with, then I think we have a right to be critical about the hypocrisy in each (ie: then next one usually directly contradicts the last). And don't say "well, don't read it then", because you posted it on an open forum, so you have to deal with feedback.

[Edit]:

So, any of us who (a) work, (b) own our own car, and (c) have spent money on the car can "talk all the shit in the world"?
hmm.... better stop telling us to shut up when we pick holes in your "ideas" then.

Quote:

Owned.

Notice: I'm not criticizing the mods themselves...I don't care if you somehow dropped 26" spinners on it tomorrow because 1) it's not my car and 2) I don't really care. It's just annoying to hear you change your mind every single day and post about random half-baked schemes.

It's funny that you hint that I'm immature. I might not have a title with only my name on it, but at least I have a life.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:19 AM   #13
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

still driving the beige civic?

you need a project car badly

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:10 AM   #14
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk
still driving the beige civic?

you need a project car badly
Like I said, I am hoping to have all done in August, if not, I will update anyway. Im not giving anything away just yet.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:22 AM   #15
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Good cause I dont want to hear about it.

And PS, if the wheel didnt have a warped face you justw asted your money cause a complete refinish including trueing and removing and dings or curb rash plus the choice of your finish outside of chrome runs like 80 bucks.