Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2006, 03:15 AM   #16
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
You talk about it as if it's a person. This is, as you said, a "company", meaning it provides a service for people, and it has to market things to people. Your company can do whatever the darn hell it wants, but at the end of the day, it still has to sell things to people, and if people aren't satisfied, they might go elsewhere.

What kind of statement is that?

But at least they have a wider range of models, and from a business perspective, that's probably the best way to utilize their "history and prestige".

A "company" is made up of many "persons".

Bentley's are marketed toward the extremely successful person who wishes to reward him or herself with the ultimate luxury car. Why the hell would that person want a Ford Taurus shaped piece of shit?

Do you actually think Bentley would be better off following the market trend? Use your head.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:50 AM   #17
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

whats new about it? looks exactly the same as last year... ive driven tons of those... theyre nice. v12 twin turbo... very fast for waying ten tons... they dont sell very well though. the salespeople at my dealership hated when they got them in, cuz they would take months to sell, unlike the continental gt coupe and sedan. (not to be confused with the continental T or R... which is the sexiest production bently ever...)

Quote:
without having to hire a driver lol
thats actually the whole point of bentely... owner drives the bentley
whereas you have a driver for a rollsroyce
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:58 AM   #18
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

Quote:
You talk about it as if it's a person. This is, as you said, a "company", meaning it provides a service for people, and it has to market things to people. Your company can do whatever the darn hell it wants, but at the end of the day, it still has to sell things to people, and if people aren't satisfied, they might go elsewhere.

But at least they have a wider range of models, and from a business perspective, that's probably the best way to utilize their "history and prestige".

provides a service for the people? it does just that. as mathew said, people like to reward themselves, and what better way than a bentley...

what you dotn understand, apparently, not everyone wants a sportscar. bentley, honestly, doesnt care about what YOU, or myself for that matter, think... why? oure nopt buying their prducts, you probably wont ever. but those CEOs that make millions a year, some of them like to have a nice roomy, luxurious sedan... as for marketing trends, they follow them... bentleys are in a whole nother league... where else are those people going to go? rolls royce? same company, does things the same. maseratti quattroporte, perhaps. lexus? hell no. think about

Old 08-22-2006, 09:24 AM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:

Bently obviously summed up what it's customers want from its cars in some way or another, there is alot that goes into designing a new car...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:37 AM   #20
True_Brit
Has a new job!

and alot into updating a current model etc

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:00 AM   #21
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

They don't care about what I want, which is why I am pointing it out, genius. I am a potential consumer. Every person in the world is.

So yes, it does make a difference what I would want.

But I already commended bentley for having a wider range of vehicles now, so I don't know what all the fuss is about.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:50 AM   #22
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

the "culture" for that class is a little different... sure, yes, every person IS a potential customer... but until they you the money to be a customer, they dont give a rats ass about you... trust me, ive seen it... and it doesnt matter if they dont follow market trends, cuz its not like theyre really losing money...

Old 08-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #23
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
the "culture" for that class is a little different... sure, yes, every person IS a potential customer... but until they you the money to be a customer, they dont give a rats ass about you... trust me, ive seen it... and it doesnt matter if they dont follow market trends, cuz its not like theyre really losing money...
No, you've seen it from a sales person perspective, which is alot different from a drawing board perspective. What I mean is that when they are updating the model they will take possible customers into account, it's only when you come to buy one that arrogance gets the better of some sales people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_B
and alot into updating a current model etc
I meant to say that too, honest, lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote