Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2004, 10:58 PM   #31
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
I should be paying the equivalent of between $1,300 and $1,400 on my Rav4 for the year when I get my insurance renewed in September. I’m 21 and I’ll have 2 years no claims bonus as well as living in a low rated crime zone, obtaining a full driving license for over two years (converts to experience and an additional 6 penalty point allowance, which totals to 12 points) and having a clean drivers license.
I am almost entirely the same as you with insurance..21 yrs old, Driving license for nearly 3yrs..My first car was a Toyota Corolla and I paid about £1000 for it, I dont really have any no claims though as I always seem to be cancelling insurance lol..My worst ever insurance was on a '96 1.4 Vauxhall Astra, one company want £3500! I soon told them where to stick it lol, I now use Norwich Union and buy online (for my 10% discount!) and it's the best company I've found, I now pay about £500 for my diesel Escort and consider it a bargain. So R34..I'd try Norwich Union if I were you although as snoope says, £1000 for a brand new Passat is a good deal especially seeing as you've written one car of a month before getting that cover ...I aint sure what insurance will be like on a Corvette if you still plan on buying one though
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:43 PM   #32
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I am almost entirely the same as you with insurance..21 yrs old, Driving license for nearly 3yrs..My first car was a Toyota Corolla and I paid about £1000 for it, I dont really have any no claims though as I always seem to be cancelling insurance lol..My worst ever insurance was on a '96 1.4 Vauxhall Astra, one company want £3500! I soon told them where to stick it lol, I now use Norwich Union and buy online (for my 10% discount!) and it's the best company I've found, I now pay about £500 for my diesel Escort and consider it a bargain. So R34..I'd try Norwich Union if I were you although as snoope says, £1000 for a brand new Passat is a good deal especially seeing as you've written one car of a month before getting that cover ...I aint sure what insurance will be like on a Corvette if you still plan on buying one though
i intend to cover it under my dads insurance, he has 40 odd years of no claims bonus, that not to say he hasn't crashed a car (well, not in the last 20 yrs) he just hasn't claimed... also i intend to put numerous anti-theft devices on it, i.e. cat 1 alarm, 2 trackers and some more immobilizers and keep it in a “secure alarmed garage”.. the worst insurance quote I ever had was 4 weeks ago, on a 2.8 VR6 golf that was very very modified (250+bhp, body kit and ICE etc…) from a “very well know performance car insurer” (send a PM if you want to know who) and they wanted nearly £10,000, that’s $17,965.31 given the current exchange rate.. needless to say I gave them a very short, precise and to the point reply.
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 01:22 PM   #33
bennie154
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: niagara falls
Posts: 5
I wish that I could have some of the great deals, Im 22 and I only can get insurance on a 3 month spurt, and that costs 1495.00 canadain but i'm driving a 68 ss camaro with over 800 hp.
bennie154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 01:40 PM   #34
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennie154
I wish that I could have some of the great deals, Im 22 and I only can get insurance on a 3 month spurt, and that costs 1495.00 canadain but i'm driving a 68 ss camaro with over 800 hp.
Looks to me like you've allready got a blinding deal mate lol....and that's dollars too lol...my Corolla cost about that much to insure and that had a little 1.3litre engine
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 06:45 PM   #35
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Looks to me like you've allready got a blinding deal mate lol....and that's dollars too lol...my Corolla cost about that much to insure and that had a little 1.3litre engine
my vette will cost ALOT more than that to insure here, even with my "extras" to reduce my insurance, being on my dads insurance and leaving it standard... consider yourself lucky...
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 06:39 AM   #36
bennie154
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: niagara falls
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
my vette will cost ALOT more than that to insure here, even with my "extras" to reduce my insurance, being on my dads insurance and leaving it standard... consider yourself lucky...

maybe it's not that bad, but just think if insurance was a lot cheaper the more extra money that we would have to put towards more parts, and or different cars to modify.
bennie154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 01:29 PM   #37
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac
 
R34RB30DETTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SE England.. you?
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennie154
maybe it's not that bad, but just think if insurance was a lot cheaper the more extra money that we would have to put towards more parts, and or different cars to modify.
i agree, but insurance is just another thing made up to make money. Fair enough they protect you financially in the event of an accident but they also make alot of money in the process of doing so..
__________________

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.