Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2004, 01:00 AM   #1
94corollaguy
CF Newbie

Question 1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD, ????

Ok guys i have a question, how much should i get for a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. ....anyhow the car has a blown motor out of car...all parts are included but, the turbo and exhaust manifold. the car is in great shape inside and out... White and Black....all stock except an airfilter. 126xxx miles.
Let me know!!
94corollaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:35 AM   #2
jzxTT
CF Addict

1,000 if it has no motor. no one wants a blown motor. shiit ill buy it for 1,000 cash.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:35 AM   #3
jzxTT
CF Addict

|)0|_||3|_3 []D [0]5`[]`

Last edited by jzxTT : 07-06-2004 at 05:37 AM. Reason: double
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:04 AM   #4
Inygknok
El del Supra

maybe even less if lucky

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:18 AM   #5
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94corollaguy
Ok guys i have a question, how much should i get for a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. ....anyhow the car has a blown motor out of car...all parts are included but, the turbo and exhaust manifold. the car is in great shape inside and out... White and Black....all stock except an airfilter. 126xxx miles.
Let me know!!

I think what you are referring to is a "rolling chassis". 2nd Generation AWD rolling chassis on DSM can run anywhere from $500-3000 depending on the interior condition, and overall body structure. I plan on buying a 1st Gen AWD rolling chassis for arround 700 bucks with minor body damage and no rust. Just to give you an idea of what I'm getting

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 06:44 AM   #6
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I think what you are referring to is a "rolling chassis". 2nd Generation AWD rolling chassis on DSM can run anywhere from $500-3000 depending on the interior condition, and overall body structure. I plan on buying a 1st Gen AWD rolling chassis for arround 700 bucks with minor body damage and no rust. Just to give you an idea of what I'm getting

yay!! DSMer lives!! now i can say this and its not just pointed out towards sundown only!!

GO CRANKWALK!!!

PS: im gonna custom make a pic myself for this occasion, just gimme a few days, i promise

Last edited by Inygknok : 07-08-2004 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:50 AM   #7
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Yes, I live!! No I got another job I barley have time for me.

Hey Hey Hey, I'm sure his blownout engine is from high pressure levels(yeah right even I know thats bullshit) Ok well its a 95, he was asking for it.

Walk up to a 95 DSM'er and say CRANKWALK BITCH! Watch him bust into tears, its a terrible thing Inygknok. You should'nt make fun of it, its like testicular cancer. It hurts man!

Old 07-08-2004, 06:56 AM   #8
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Yes, I live!! No I got another job I barley have time for me.

Hey Hey Hey, I'm sure his blownout engine is from high pressure levels(yeah right even I know thats bullshit) Ok well its a 95, he was asking for it.

Walk up to a 95 DSM'er and say CRANKWALK BITCH! Watch him bust into tears, its a terrible thing Inygknok. You should'nt make fun of it, its like testicular cancer. It hurts man!

u just really love giving me ideas dont ya?

Old 07-08-2004, 07:36 AM   #9
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
ROFLMAO... that was random sh1t... i didnt get it at all, but its funny as sh1t.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:22 AM   #10
VMJYogi
CF Addict

OKay people. I only read this once but im pretty sure i know what im talking about. Crankwalk is when the valves float or dont close on time and they end up hitting the piston right? If so my car still hasnt broke down yet so i guess im lucky to not have crankwalk. My DSM has 195,000 still runs but barely (piston/rings worn and oil is getting burned. And the cat. conv. is worn out so u could sometimes see the smoke. Thats pushing me 4 that new engine. I'll take any donations. $15 from each person can go a long way....

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #11
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
OKay people. I only read this once but im pretty sure i know what im talking about. Crankwalk is when the valves float or dont close on time and they end up hitting the piston right? If so my car still hasnt broke down yet so i guess im lucky to not have crankwalk. My DSM has 195,000 still runs but barely (piston/rings worn and oil is getting burned. And the cat. conv. is worn out so u could sometimes see the smoke. Thats pushing me 4 that new engine. I'll take any donations. $15 from each person can go a long way....

no, crankwalk or "walking crankshaft" is when the thrust bearing starts to give in due to too much load. i gave a short explanation on this in another thread.....

click here for a short article explaining this thoroughly

Last edited by Inygknok : 07-08-2004 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:04 PM   #12
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
OKay people. I only read this once but im pretty sure i know what im talking about. Crankwalk is when the valves float or dont close on time and they end up hitting the piston right?

AHHHH!

A Dsm owner who does'nt know what crankwalk is? You must not be really into your car man. Oh and if you had your valves "floating" near your piston, you'd have more trouble than a crankwalking engine. I'm not even sure if the pistons actually can touch the valves(because of the way they are angled) in a 4G63. Never the less your piston could crack upon impact, shatter and possibly destory your cylinder head and most definetly the valve setup.

Your DSM is a 91, the chances of you getting crankwalk are slim to none. The closer you get to 95-96 the greater your chances, but any car can crankwalk. 95-96 DSM's are just usually more prone to walk. They are also prone to walk other cars on the drag, but you don't hear me bragging.

Old 07-08-2004, 06:51 PM   #13
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
AHHHH!

A Dsm owner who does'nt know what crankwalk is? You must not be really into your car man. Oh and if you had your valves "floating" near your piston, you'd have more trouble than a crankwalking engine. I'm not even sure if the pistons actually can touch the valves(because of the way they are angled) in a 4G63. Never the less your piston could crack upon impact, shatter and possibly destory your cylinder head and most definetly the valve setup.

they even have a picture of that in howstuffworks.com

Quote:
Your DSM is a 91, the chances of you getting crankwalk are slim to none. The closer you get to 95-96 the greater your chances, but any car can crankwalk. 95-96 DSM's are just usually more prone to walk. They are also prone to walk other cars on the drag, but you don't hear me bragging.

lol, ur such a bastard

Old 10-27-2004, 04:27 AM   #14
nektratta
CF Newbie

uh oh not knowing what crank walk is is gonna make you cry when you find out first hand