Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 03:16 AM   #46
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?p=6418830
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:14 AM   #47
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
It has nothing to do with being in full manual because that's all I shoot and all of my images have full EXIF data online. I hate Av mode because the camera's meter can easily be wrong. Manual gives the photographer more choice in the exposure of the image, almost always resulting in a great, correctly exposed photograph. I can usually just look at a scene and get the exposure without looking at what the meter says. That just takes a lot of time behind the camera. Of course, I still take what it says into account.

That being said, many people like Av and Tv modes.

I wanted to see the EXIF because I was wondering what the shutterspeed was on some, and, after a simple search, I pulled up the same photos posted by someone on another forum. Of course I'm not saying you aren't that guy, but I was still skeptical. I was going to compare serial numbers of the cameras. As a photographer I try to help out other photographers whenever I can if someone else has stolen their images. I also do that because it has happened to me.



Sorry, I was living my life. I went to sleep at like 11 to get up for work in the morning. I just got back from work. Sorry I couldn't respond to you sooner, pal.

I responded within 24 hours of your post, you took a month on a forum you are almost always on.
They were also posted on maxima.org by maximaserg (the owner of the 4thgen maxima in the pictures) as well as tristatetuners.com by me in the photography section asking for feedback. The pictures arent even that great for me to steal them and claim as my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
and in the pictures i considered to be good i put my tag (A.dvanced P.hotography A.P. being my initials) so noone would try to steal them, the others he just posted...they are also in an album on my facebook

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...32600751&op=12

and here are more of the same car from me


__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.


Last edited by newyorker : 06-12-2008 at 04:19 AM.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #48
Spanky2324
JDM LOL
 
Spanky2324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: El Sob, CA
Posts: 1,108
That maxima reeks of rice
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Civic (Performance?) Numbers from the fastest of the slow...Si

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #49
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
That maxima reeks of rice
yea you are right
stillen lip kit
moda r6 wheels
tein drop
full apexi exhaust
warpspeed y-pipe
injen intake
more more more

REALLY rice
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:07 AM   #50
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
I dont think its rice just ugly, and not the modifications just the car. The lines just arent right. The profile of the car is just horrible.

Long overhangs (its sad when a camaro owner says that)
Horrible lines aft the front doors.

Notice most of the best shots of the car are focused on the front at a 3/4 quarters view.

Just look at the second pictures the car looks fine until you hit the rear doors then its just kinda goes...meh.

The rear glass and quarters have a sharp drop off given it a heavy appearance.

I wonder how the car would look with the side molding removed.

Guess with some cars it all comes down to photographer.
For Example a camaro especially a relatively stock one normally photographs best from a rear 3/4s view.
And Trans Ams dont look good in profile because the rear valance sticks out so far but angle it right and it would look so bad.
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:38 AM   #51
giant016
My mom says I'm cool
 
giant016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
yea you are right
stillen lip kit
moda r6 wheels
tein drop
full apexi exhaust
warpspeed y-pipe
injen intake
more more more

REALLY rice
Hmm, you say it's not rice BECAUSE it's an import with a body kit, wheels, intake and exhaust? I mean, maybe if it had lambo doors it wouldn't be rice.

Also, it's not so much the typical mods, more like was mentioned earlier, the lines don't flow smoothly. It seems almost as if they care more about looking modified than looking good.
__________________
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:58 AM   #52
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
Hmm, you say it's not rice BECAUSE it's an import with a body kit, wheels, intake and exhaust? I mean, maybe if it had lambo doors it wouldn't be rice.

Also, it's not so much the typical mods, more like was mentioned earlier, the lines don't flow smoothly. It seems almost as if they care more about looking modified than looking good.
I still think the look on it is good.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #53
Spanky2324
JDM LOL
 
Spanky2324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: El Sob, CA
Posts: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I still think the look on it is good.
It's just a maxima
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Civic (Performance?) Numbers from the fastest of the slow...Si

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #54
giant016
My mom says I'm cool
 
giant016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I still think the look on it is good.
And to each his own, but you've got an uphill battle defending it against the dreaded "rice" label.
__________________
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #55
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
It's just a maxima
I can say that about your car too..its just an eclipse...my car is just a miata...its about what the owner of the car likes to do, not about everyone else.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #56
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
They were also posted on maxima.org by maximaserg (the owner of the 4thgen maxima in the pictures) as well as tristatetuners.com by me in the photography section asking for feedback. The pictures arent even that great for me to steal them and claim as my own.


and in the pictures i considered to be good i put my tag (A.dvanced P.hotography A.P. being my initials) so noone would try to steal them, the others he just posted...they are also in an album on my facebook

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...32600751&op=12

and here are more of the same car from me



Yea, I didn't really think you'd stolen them, but I usually check a lot of stuff posted on here.

I was originally interested in the shutterspeed for some of the ones driving.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:20 AM   #57
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Yea, I didn't really think you'd stolen them, but I usually check a lot of stuff posted on here.

I was originally interested in the shutterspeed for some of the ones driving.
Well back then I was shooting on full M mode, and if i recall, i changed the apperature to around 11 or 13 and just shot that way...i can try to get you exif if you really want it let me know.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:46 AM   #58
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Well back then I was shooting on full M mode, and if i recall, i changed the apperature to around 11 or 13 and just shot that way...i can try to get you exif if you really want it let me know.


It's all good. I'll figure it out. Thanks.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 PM   #59
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
A few more from last night

Ben Franklin Bridge



Bottom of Art Museum Steps: Sharp Background



Bottom of Art Museum Steps: Blurred Background



Top of Art Museum Steps



Top of Art Museum Steps: Different Angle




They all look kinda choppy especially if you look at the wheels, but thats all the lame Facebook resize
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:27 AM   #60
giant016
My mom says I'm cool
 
giant016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 1,274
Those are a nice improvement. I don't know if you're skill has increased or if it's just a background that works well with a silver car, but yes, very nice.
__________________
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.