Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2005, 01:34 AM   #1
jerzyhxc1161
CF Newbie

is this idea for a trans am a possibility...

my name is rob, im 18 years old living in new jersey...i have been planning to buy a trans am for a long time but havent started putting things into action until recently. I wanna get either an 84 or an 88 pontiac trans am...i wanna rebuild a 305 block and put an after market fuel injection head on it...than i wanna work out the entire air flow system (intake,pikes,headers,etc) so that no matter what work i do in the future i know my air flow is covered. im willing to spend up to $2,000 on all aspects air flow, will i be able to cover everything?. Im looking to get the car in manual but im having a hard time finding one, most the cars for sale are automatic. With all of my plans in mind, im wondering if i would come across a trans am of either year or similar body...that has no engine or transmission in it, would i save money here not replacing existing parts?... do you think this is possible or an unreasonable idea.

anyone with an imput at all about the project is welcome to comment, any knowledge would be appreciated. thanks
jerzyhxc1161 is offline   Reply With Quote