Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2005, 02:00 AM   #16
C-33Laurel
CF Newbie

The Law is still in effect, Most of Japans new cars are becoming non turbo anyway, Rx-8 300z, Chaser X and most the others. There not even making Rb engines anymore because of the Emisions law. So this means good business for aftermarket turbo makers like blitz and hks.
C-33Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #17
ed_7702
CF Enthusiast

The Evos' had 276hp since the Evo4, and skylines the same thing since like the 1990 and they never changed the horsepower...that sucks. If they didn't have that law, Japan would have been building more powerful cars...altough horsepower is not everything
ed_7702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:24 PM   #18
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed_7702
The Evos' had 276hp since the Evo4, and skylines the same thing since like the 1990 and they never changed the horsepower...that sucks. If they didn't have that law, Japan would have been building more powerful cars...altough horsepower is not everything

Back in the 80s, Japan's government didn't want a horsepower war that was going on in america. They passed something where the hp had to be 276 or less. It was either that or the manufacturers didn't want a HP war. So they just rated their max horsepower at a different RPM. Hence, you pass the law, and the manufacturer doesn't break any law, and there is no HP war. Skylines have around 320 horsepower, and supras around 320. Honda recently broke this gentleman's agreement with their accord, and launched a factory claimed 310 horsepower car. Expect a horsepower war in japan soon.

In GT4, the designers placed the factory claimed horsepower in the stats, but the real horspower stat is available in the replay and in your garage.

The evo 8 actually has 276 HP, I believe.

End of story, japanese cars have more power than what is claimed.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-G
ya, why?

"Its either a Galant or a Diamante"
wtf, you must be really dumb- were you trying to put me down or something? saying it was a diamante? It obviously is an M5- and see, this is you starting shit.

He wasnt starting shit, you are actually starting shit right now by assuming. he basicly made a guess, how is that starting shit?

i personaly thought it was one of the new honda civics, oz lancers, or sentra due to its tail light & rear end. then again my eyes can be playing tricks with me.

Last edited by Guest : 07-06-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:03 PM   #20
inam
CF Newbie

If it is a law then that is stupid! because they shouldnt put a limit on how much hp a car has in it...!
inam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:49 PM   #21
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by inam
If it is a law then that is stupid! because they shouldnt put a limit on how much hp a car has in it...!

Why shouldn't they? Stupid kids do stupid things with 4 digits of horsepower............