Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2005, 04:06 AM   #16
meckano
CF Newbie

I vote this thread as a sticky for ilxebius' persistence and example of how odd and bad things can get even though the fix is an ummm easy, no, inexpensive thing.
meckano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:56 AM   #17
hawaiianstyle
CF Newbie

Fuel Pump Relay/Fuse Box probs

Could I please have an update on your trouble and solution back in 05?
I have the exact same symptoms w my 01 SL2 (no power to relay for fuel pump, chime, radio and dome light do not work, all idiot lights in dash flicker for several seconds when key goes to ACC) and am about to disassemble the interior fuse box like you did.

A question to all: a braided/woven ground strap that is attached to one of the bolts/brackets holding the interior fuse panel fell out when I started to undo the bolts. The top end (female slip connector) apparently was unconnected and simply dropped downwards into view! It is about 10-12 inches long and may be for the radio/CD player (aftermarket) or the BCM box...

Started to remove the front panel around the AC control panel leading up to the radio/CD faceplate, all snap connectors so far,,,but got cold feet as I got higher.

Can anyone give any advice on this (and my FP, fuse and relay not getting any juice)?

BTW, my ignition switch is goofy: sticks between lock and acc/run. Takes several tries...and key will come right out when it is on ACC and Run. Feels like it was jimmied during prev owner's time.... It was like this when the engine/FP ran. Could this affect power to relay/fusebox?

Aloha!!
hawaiianstyle is offline   Reply With Quote