Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #1
justccccrazy
Banned

Exclamation help with my stupid 98 kia sephia please

Hello Everyone, My Name Is Becky and i have come here in frustrated desperation. Before i get into my problem, though i just wanted to say that this forum is great and i am learning a little about alot here. I like it. so with a bow and a curtsy i have introduced myself and i will start with my whining plea. i am in a pickle. I have three days before I start my new job, and i am confused as all get out about how to replace the alternator belt on my 98 Kia Sephia. i just cant figure out how to get the other belt off in order to put the alternator belt on. until Sunday August 8th, and its friday now. I am in desperate need everyone.I can do the work if i could figure it out i just need some help. Thanks for your time. email me if you have a solution, i may even email you back with my cell phone # if you can talk me through it. its that serious. ok thanks and have a great weekend all. I am praying mine turns out to be busy with a good repair. hopefully there is one person out there with the angelic knowledge that can turn my weekend from hell into heaven.
justccccrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:26 AM   #2
Slapshot
CF Enthusiast

well, I dont know much, but... you could send a message 2 ChrisV (username) he's the only one that knows much around here. and while you tlk 2 him try to convince him to become un-enlightened.

Bantam "A" team: Oakland Bears (Ice)

Bantam "AA" team: NorCal Rush (In-Line)

A+ Girlfriend

Damn I got it made
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:46 AM   #3
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by justccccrazy
Hello Everyone, My Name Is Becky and i have come here in frustrated desperation. Before i get into my problem, though i just wanted to say that this forum is great and i am learning a little about alot here. I like it. so with a bow and a curtsy i have introduced myself and i will start with my whining plea. i am in a pickle. I have three days before I start my new job, and i am confused as all get out about how to replace the alternator belt on my 98 Kia Sephia. i just cant figure out how to get the other belt off in order to put the alternator belt on. until Sunday August 8th, and its friday now. I am in desperate need everyone.I can do the work if i could figure it out i just need some help. Thanks for your time. email me if you have a solution, i may even email you back with my cell phone # if you can talk me through it. its that serious. ok thanks and have a great weekend all. I am praying mine turns out to be busy with a good repair. hopefully there is one person out there with the angelic knowledge that can turn my weekend from hell into heaven.

this will be a close picture of your alt set up your looking for the pivot bolt and the adjuster/lock bolt/nut

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:39 AM   #4
Slapshot
CF Enthusiast

or u could keep posting on this link to bring it to the top of the repair and maitenance (however u spell that). So everyone sees it.

Bantam "A" team: Oakland Bears (Ice)

Bantam "AA" team: NorCal Rush (In-Line)

A+ Girlfriend

Damn I got it made
Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:42 AM   #5
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot
well, I dont know much, but... you could send a message 2 ChrisV (username) he's the only one that knows much around here. and while you tlk 2 him try to convince him to become un-enlightened.

Apparently you don't know much, there are more people that know shit than ChrisV you know
Old 08-07-2005, 12:10 AM   #6
myhobby
CF Newbie

Repair book

Hello Becky. I see you did not get much help on your problem and I am not sure if I will be able to help either as I am not familiar with your car. I would like to say, however, that I find repair books of great help. Perhaps you can find the repair book for your car in a local auto store. Of course, the other option is to get some auto shop do it. I don't think changing a belt like that is too expensive.

By the way, for the group, my name is Necati. I have owned quite a few old cars that I had to repair myself to get them going.
myhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:11 AM   #7
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhobby
Hello Becky. I see you did not get much help on your problem and I am not sure if I will be able to help either as I am not familiar with your car. I would like to say, however, that I find repair books of great help. Perhaps you can find the repair book for your car in a local auto store. Of course, the other option is to get some auto shop do it. I don't think changing a belt like that is too expensive.

By the way, for the group, my name is Necati. I have owned quite a few old cars that I had to repair myself to get them going.

Glad to have you but can you please introduce yourself in the correct forum
Old 08-07-2005, 04:59 AM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Hey, Becky, I'm not at all familiar with that model of car. If it doesn't have a massive engine, it shouldn't be that difficult and should be quite accessable. You need to de-adjust the alternator tentioner, usually this is reasonably easy to spot and requires only a spanner or rachet & socket to alter. Some modern cars have tentioners that adjust themselves and just require tightening up....If all else fails, try the good old Haynes Manual lol....Sorry I cant be of more help and I hope I'm not too late

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote