Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
Rocko790165
CF Newbie

ahhhh rice

whats your definition of rice or a ricer?
Rocko790165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:29 PM   #2
fudge
let's fighting love

Something you eat.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:33 PM   #3
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

A ricer is not a car, but a person. Thier is a difference between a true Japeneese performance enthusiast and a ricer peice of shit. But its all subjective as to who you are talking to at the time. In my opinion a ricer is someone who lacks knowledge of automotives, but thinks they are car Geniuses. Ricers are the douchebags who save up there McDonalds income to buy those "Phat silver wiper blades, and sick LED winshield washer lights" that they saw at Autozone to put on their 1988 accord. I dont care if your a Show guy or a Go guy, but it all has to be tastefully done. No unnesesarly large 4 foot rear spoilers for your 1993 neon.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:10 PM   #4
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Rice is an attitude, and it applies to all cars. the definition was coined by Bryan Hog back in teh early '90s, as a way of pointing out a particular group of asian kids in his area (San Diego). It was all about the race car replica wannabe's. Guys that put some stickers, stripes, huge exhaust tip and wing, and thought that their otherwise stock economy car was the fastest thing out there. Oh, and wrong badging for teh sake of trying to fool people, liek Type R stickers on everything, or VTEC stickers on non-VTEC cars, and mostly stickers or badges for products they never had on their cars.

Purely cosmetic mods for the sake of making the car different were not categorized as rice, as they aren't race car wannabes and the owner's attitude was different.

Unfortunately, due to the advent of RiceBoy, real race cars and real performance cars that the Ricers were emulating were ALSO called rice by equally ignorant anti-Ricers. And then any modification to any car that didn't make it significantly faster was called Rice and ridiculed in the same way by those same ignorant anti-ricers. Race cars, muscle cars, street rods, all have done purely cosmetic mods to make their cars look better to, from bright or wild paint jobs to chrome accessories, etc. And NONE of them were given a bad time until RiceBoy came on the scene.

It's sad, really, to see how many traditional custom modifications are now considered rice simply because a few fools think that any money spent on your car that doesn't make it quite a bit faster is a waste.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
the definition was coined by Bryan Hog back in teh early '90s
Really? It was? Are you sure? Absolutely? If that's the case, then how come we (me, my friends, acquaintances, etc) were calling cars of that genre "rice" and their drivers "ricers" in the mid '80's. And no, I'm not confusing it with the term "rice rocket" which I remember using as a kid in the '60's. The floor is yours, keep it short.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:29 PM   #6
Rocko790165
CF Newbie

because lots of people think that if you do anything performance wise to a civic then its still rice and your wasting your money but one of my friends has a civc that hes swapped engines for a b18, supercharged it with nitrous cai, catback exhaust system new cam gears and lots of other things car is fast and can beat a lot of "muscle" cars but he has altezza taillights would you consider that rice
Rocko790165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:31 PM   #7
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko790165
because lots of people think that if you do anything performance wise to a civic then its still rice and your wasting your money but one of my friends has a civc that hes swapped engines for a b18, supercharged it with nitrous cai, catback exhaust system new cam gears and lots of other things car is fast and can beat a lot of "muscle" cars but he has altezza taillights would you consider that rice
Not really. Altezza's aren't my taste but I wouldn't call it rice.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:50 PM   #8
Bino
Written Off

Quote:

Yes, I would, anything that has Altezza style taillights... and didn't come from the factory as such... is rice IMO. I basically consider (my personal preference) anything with Nitrous rice as well.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
puttputt
CF Newbie

Quote:
whats your definition of rice or a ricer?

rice=Race Inspired Cosmetic Extra. I see nothing wrong with this.

However Ricer is an attitude of the driver and not doing the cosmetic right. If you know you do nothing to your engine, and you try to race a car that is faster then yours, than your a ricer. Even so, racing is also a skill of a driver. Not only skill, but what about respect? Racing a car that is not equipt for it.
puttputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
Grateens
CF Newbie

tremendous

vwhobo, tremendous car! I think that every co. ltd. dreams of such cars. My friend saw something like this at the exhibition - He was shoked of this car!
Grateens is offline   Reply With Quote