Old 01-14-2006, 04:50 AM   #1
Kris
CF Newbie

Engine Problem Need Advise

Hi, to introduce the problem let me start out with what i am working with,

* 1990 300ZX Non-Turbo V-6 3.0
* 95,000 Miles
* Automatic (if it matters)
* Right side cat-back has 2 holes in it (ill fix it soon)
* I have already tried pouring the stuff you pur into the gas tank (forgot what its called)
* I always use be most expensive gas (premium)

O.K. so to the problem, when i start my car it dies if i dont give it some throttle until it warms up. I hold the throttle down to about 1,000 RPM. after about a minute i can slowly let off throttle and let it idle on its own. I know that when an engine is cold it can do that sometimes and it is pretty cold here. Anyways thats not the main problem, the main problem is that when i come to a complete stop and then apply throttle to move again the rpms drop to about 500PRM almost dies, you wait about 1 second and then it regains life and drives off strong. This also happens when im on the highway and i want to pass quickly or when i apply 100% throttle it also does this lags a little and then takes off strong. Do you think this is because of the exaust not being sealed? I have noticed that there is small holes and cracks in it, i am going to replace it after i get my next pay check. But before I do this problem might be more important. Thanks for the help!
Kris
Kris is offline   Reply With Quote