Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2005, 11:42 PM   #16
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
LMFAO, are you sure this guy is 30ish? I mean seriously.
I had a guy who was 39 years old, and when he didn't like something his WIFE would come and bitch about it. And this is in a shop with very open lines of communication. He claimed that he didn't want to get fired for complaining about anything. He was told the next time his wife shows up and raises hell instead of him broaching the subject he's gone. Well, she did and he is. Some people just don't get it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:15 AM   #17
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Oh my. Men should be just that....men. How could you be proud of yourself living a life like that? LOL.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:48 AM   #18
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc44
id just let it go also, you just stated these are things that he is doing against the rules so hes eventually going to get caught. besides why should you care? i mean your not the manager..id just be like wtf ever man do what ya want and go about my business. your prob nagging him too and i mean really an 18yr old tellin a 31 yr old what to do, well i could understand where he could be a little pissed. but, if ya really want to piss him off you should point that out to him... "hey buddy your 31 and you clean up the floors in the theaters nice career choice..."

I care because i used to get 4-5 days depending how busy and now I get 2 now 2 days 5-11 (without a 30 minute break where you clock out) at 6.75 is huge to me. They arn't giong to fire him because hes breaking these rules because hes been told numerous times already by a higher athority and he "needs" this job to pay the rent. The managers also feel sorry for him because well hes 31 or very close to it and he has to pay his rent. I may be 18 years old going on 19 in a month, but that doesn't mean that hes superior over me. I don't nag him I never talk to him unless he does something wrong then I point it out to him AND the supervisor, and im still the one getting in trouble for it. I think its huge BS and have a huge problem with this because the biggest thing that ticks me off is liars (because your to afraid to take the consequences for your own actions) and injustice (because why should someone get away with something when they are at fault).
Old 12-03-2005, 02:13 AM   #19
torinoman80
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimander13
I care because i used to get 4-5 days depending how busy and now I get 2 now 2 days 5-11 (without a 30 minute break where you clock out) at 6.75 is huge to me. They arn't giong to fire him because hes breaking these rules because hes been told numerous times already by a higher athority and he "needs" this job to pay the rent. The managers also feel sorry for him because well hes 31 or very close to it and he has to pay his rent. I may be 18 years old going on 19 in a month, but that doesn't mean that hes superior over me. I don't nag him I never talk to him unless he does something wrong then I point it out to him AND the supervisor, and im still the one getting in trouble for it. I think its huge BS and have a huge problem with this because the biggest thing that ticks me off is liars (because your to afraid to take the consequences for your own actions) and injustice (because why should someone get away with something when they are at fault).
Have you ever thought that you never even gave this guy a chance because he is competition. You said it yourself, since he's been there you've been getting less hours. Maybe you're just nit picking everything the guy does wrong because you are angry that he is taking some of your hours. Maybe you should just give the guy a chance. It's not his fault that he is taking your hours. He has the job and so do you.
torinoman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 03:10 AM   #20
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

i think if your 18 and your getting 2 days a week at 6.75 you need to get a better job.. besides if your 18 and he's 31 and he cried on job and bitches to his dad you can take him, unless you dont know what adrenaline is... take him in the back of an alley and kick the shit outta him, then deny all accusations and demand proof.
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:50 AM   #21
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Just dont obviously piss him off like saying something or doing something that is obviously gonna piss him off. Find small little things that irritates him and than just do them but dont get pissed back when he flips out. Than u can say u did nothing wrong and he had no reason to flip out. And tell him to grow up and handle stuff for himself and act his age, not his show size. I meen i get yelled at all the time and im 17 but i dont have my parents come up to my job and bitch about it.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 08:38 AM   #22
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

I had the worst co-worker at my last job. He was 28, and basically a pathetic player all his life, with no where to go. I was a Service Lot Guy and he was a Sales Lot Guy. All he ever did was stand around smoking cigarretes, and telling stories. Basically he would come up to me (or other people), lean over and look me in the eye, and say something like "So last night I'm banging these two chicks eh? And you know when you're **ting out a ***************" and it goes on like that. He never did any work. He had roughly 5 cars to wash in a day (I and the other service lot guy had about 30, plus other duties), yet he'd never do it. Then when he needed one done suddenly, he would come up to me and ask for help, cause it was "really important". Even when I was swamped with work. I usually just told him to **** off. Pretty much eveyone at work hated him, but I think I was the only one he knew about. I made it pretty clear.

And why didnt get fired? Union....

I hated that guy passionately.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:41 AM   #23
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by torinoman80
Have you ever thought that you never even gave this guy a chance because he is competition. You said it yourself, since he's been there you've been getting less hours. Maybe you're just nit picking everything the guy does wrong because you are angry that he is taking some of your hours. Maybe you should just give the guy a chance. It's not his fault that he is taking your hours. He has the job and so do you.

yea, well I'm not mad at the fact that hes competition because I like the other employees that they just hired..I'd say 4-5 new ushers and hes the only one I don't like other than this guy who looks like sunshine from remember the titans, because hes just weird.

Quote:
Just dont obviously piss him off like saying something or doing something that is obviously gonna piss him off. Find small little things that irritates him and than just do them but dont get pissed back when he flips out. Than u can say u did nothing wrong and he had no reason to flip out. And tell him to grow up and handle stuff for himself and act his age, not his show size. I meen i get yelled at all the time and im 17 but i dont have my parents come up to my job and bitch about it.

me and my friend discussed this also I think its the best idea other than beating him up outside of work.

I talked to the managers today and they are basically just going to make us work opposite shifts so we don't come in contact, personally I think there are better solutions, but eh my hands are tied.

Im thinking of taking a picture of him tomorrow, not only will you see what a loser this guy is, but I think it will make him mad also