Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2005, 04:09 PM   #16
DPelletier
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83transam
Those are some nice cars. My cuz just turned 16, and his dad bought him a 68 camaro SS 502, holy 750 double pumper, high rise manafold, and alota stuff. Its red with black stripes, and the stripes have ghost flames in them. they spend 17 grand on this car, and he has the nicest camaro ive ever seen. Make yer dad give you one of those, and you'll prob have the nicest car in you school.

As a Dad, I have a suggestion;
- My son always has a better shot at getting something by asking nicely and perhaps even contributing to the proposed purchase. I don't thing the "make yer dad give you one..." thing would work that well for him!

Dave
Old 04-22-2005, 01:55 PM   #17
svdiablo979
CF Newbie

give him one

hell, worked for me! my dad just gave me a 1986 camaro z-28 with a 350 overbored. hooker exhaust (that means headers and mufflers) edelbrock manifold and valve covers (i know valve covers dont do anything) and it cammed pretty heavy plus a holly 650 cfm 4 barrel carb..... i dont know why he did this but i love him.
svdiablo979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #18
Richymartin
CF Newbie

England

i was looking at one for 2000 british pounds (with me living in england and all..) however the cheapest insurence quote i got was 4500!!!(im 17) its illegal 2 not hav insurence over hear... its a b!tch. any ideas for other muscle cars that wouldnt be 2 expencive in that department?
Old 05-28-2005, 03:42 AM   #19
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

My dad's first car was a 69 z-28, maroon with white stripes. He spanked a lot of cudas and mustangs with it. He had the engine rebuilt and it had well over 500 horses. The guy that rebuilt it raced pro-stock or somethin with carl lingenfelter. Unfortunatly my dad sold it in '73 when he joined the marines and bought a marantz stereo and a leather jacket lol. That poor Z is probably in a junk yard somewhere.... . Shame...

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac

Last edited by TurboLag : 05-28-2005 at 03:44 AM.
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 04:44 AM   #20
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
My dad's first car was a 69 z-28, maroon with white stripes. He spanked a lot of cudas and mustangs with it. He had the engine rebuilt and it had well over 500 horses. The guy that rebuilt it raced pro-stock or somethin with carl lingenfelter. Unfortunatly my dad sold it in '73 when he joined the marines and bought a marantz stereo and a leather jacket lol. That poor Z is probably in a junk yard somewhere.... . Shame...
I hate to say it about such a beautiful car but, ewww whats with the wheels? Totally doesnt suit the car. IMO, a nice set of Cragars look great on Camaro's.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 04:25 PM   #21
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Notice the plates? That car is in Europe, and those wheels are European custom wheels.

Personally I think they look better on there than Cragars (I don't like the old Cragar SS 2 piece wheels). But they don't look as good as, say, polished Torq Thrust wheels would on that car.

This would be my favorite way to set up a '69 Camaro:

Fikse FM5s on road racing suspension... mmmm

OR

Oversized Torq Thrusts on an DZ302 powered Z/28.. Yummy.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:59 PM   #22
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

I like the look of the second one (the oversized torque thrusts). I think torque thrusts and cragars look nice on pretty much any old(er) car. IMO the torque thrust wheels on that second Camaro are a little to big, i'd rather have a little but more rubber. Beautiful cars though.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote