Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2005, 01:31 AM   #76
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
the post directly above the one where you asked, dumbass! Almost a half a f*cking hour before you posted!

"Considering both companies were started by building vehicles from Porsche... But that's as far as it goes"
Holy shit Chris calm down, I was also wonderin if his name WAS Ferdinand Porsche
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 01:50 AM   #77
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
All im saying is STI front looks better than the B9 front. I also said the new Subaru corporate face (ie, all their new products) have the alfa look thanks to their new head designer.

I also said what MT concluded after they tested the 06 MR vs 06 STI all categories inclusive, not just handling or acceleration. Its nice that the STI is getting recognition after 2 years of shunning from the mags.
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:09 AM   #78
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
All im saying is STI front looks better than the B9 front. I also said the new Subaru corporate face (ie, all their new products) have the alfa look thanks to their new head designer.

I also said what MT concluded after they tested the 06 MR vs 06 STI all categories inclusive, not just handling or acceleration. Its nice that the STI is getting recognition after 2 years of shunning from the mags.

I dont see how any magazine "Shunned" the STi when they did an Evo/STi comparison... Almost every single review I've read has said "there is no clear cut winner, they each win in their own ways".
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:12 AM   #79
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I dont see how any magazine "Shunned" the STi when they did an Evo/STi comparison... Almost every single review I've read has said "there is no clear cut winner, they each win in their own ways".
Driving's the real winner....
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #80
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
If GM wasn't taking more charge of Subaru their vehicles wouldn't be getting uglier (all started with the B9 Tribeca, or Subaru Trailblazer). After the B9 they decided to put the hideous grill on the new WRX STi and WRX. Bad move, stop obeying GM, Subaru!
Thank god GM just sold thier 20% of Fuji Heavy Industries.

I think the new STI (they capitalized the last letter now..) sucks. Yes, you heard STIMan, SUCKS! Ok, maybe thats a little harsh... lol. I really dont like the new looks, dont like the fact that the engine hasnt changed (its a great engine, dont get me wrong, but it should get boosted), dont like the fact that its 0-60 times are .6 secs slower (2005- 4.5 secs (R&T); New one- 5.1 secs (C&D) dont bust my balls for the different mags, I am ranting and wont look up C&D's 2005 ), and most certainly dont like the fact that the new Evo (a great car) is quicker, and considered better by C&D. I think Subaru screwed up, I just hope they can fix it soon...

Ugg.............
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:05 AM   #81
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Thats funny. MT went with the STI as the winner. Hmm...now what does that say about mags?

Also, i may be wrong but i believe the EJ internals are now forged? If so then it should be able to bring some serious competition to the 4G63.
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:17 AM   #82
Sgt. Pepper
CF Enthusiast
 
Sgt. Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 110
I personally dont like the front of the new one and I am certain it wont grow on me.
__________________


Sgt. Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:15 AM   #83
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
Thats funny. MT went with the STI as the winner. Hmm...now what does that say about mags?

Also, i may be wrong but i believe the EJ internals are now forged? If so then it should be able to bring some serious competition to the 4G63.

There's one thing the EJ can never compete with the 4g63T at. Turbo lag. The EJ has noticeably more lag when you get higher and horsepower cranking the boost. I've been in a stock turbo 400awhp Evo VIII and it exhibited very little lag compraed to a very midly modded STi I know of. You can thank all that lag due to the extrenously long exhaust manifold (and bendy) the STi has (and most aftermarket pieces are just as bad).
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:30 AM   #84
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
There's one thing the EJ can never compete with the 4g63T at. Turbo lag. The EJ has noticeably more lag when you get higher and horsepower cranking the boost. I've been in a stock turbo 400awhp Evo VIII and it exhibited very little lag compraed to a very midly modded STi I know of. You can thank all that lag due to the extrenously long exhaust manifold (and bendy) the STi has (and most aftermarket pieces are just as bad).

I can't comment, never ridden an Evo, only modded STis.
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 05:25 AM   #85
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
I can't comment, never ridden an Evo, only modded STis.

So you noticed the turbo lag. I mean when you have THAT long of an exhaust manifold or exhaust turbo-header with that many bends it really makes the turbo lag...

http://store.yahoo.com/mauromotorsports/headers.html
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:59 AM   #86
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
I hardly noticed any turbo lag...the STI has some mad torque down low that was real nice to feel, a fat power band, no turbo lag that i can remember. If i remember correctly, turbo lag is more of an issue with the previous Evo8 shrug.
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 06:29 AM   #87
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
I hardly noticed any turbo lag...the STI has some mad torque down low that was real nice to feel, a fat power band, no turbo lag that i can remember. If i remember correctly, turbo lag is more of an issue with the previous Evo8 shrug.

You must of never shifted out of first. Because I'm not the only one that can easily notice more turbo lag with the much LONGER BENDIER exhaust manifold STi than the Evo. The EVO easily had the least amount of turbo lag of any stock turbo car I've driven in years (Such a tiny turbo and pretty good exhaust manifold for quick spool time). It just makes sense the STi would have more turbo lag with the boxer engine design and long bendy manifold.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:01 AM   #88
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
You must of never shifted out of first. Because I'm not the only one that can easily notice more turbo lag with the much LONGER BENDIER exhaust manifold STi than the Evo. The EVO easily had the least amount of turbo lag of any stock turbo car I've driven in years (Such a tiny turbo and pretty good exhaust manifold for quick spool time). It just makes sense the STi would have more turbo lag with the boxer engine design and long bendy manifold.

I don't give 2 sh!ts about the differences in turbo lag. If its such an issue, why do people buy STis? The biggest issue between the two are the manufacturers. Subaru > Mitsubishi forever. Mitsu has a history of dishonesty and cheating their customers; they deserve no pity, no loyalty, and no respect. End of story!
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:06 AM   #89
Sgt. Pepper
CF Enthusiast
 
Sgt. Pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
I don't give 2 sh!ts about the differences in turbo lag. If its such an issue, why do people buy STis? The biggest issue between the two are the manufacturers. Subaru > Mitsubishi forever. Mitsu has a history of dishonesty and cheating their customers; they deserve no pity, no loyalty, and no respect. End of story!

Yeah not a big fan of Mitsubishis Subarus are much better
__________________


Sgt. Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 05:45 AM   #90
Bino
Written Off
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, Oregon, USA
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper
Yeah not a big fan of Mitsubishis Subarus are much better

Can you buy a turbo/AWD Suby for $5000? I didn't think so... that's why Mitsu people are generally diehard about it. They're cheap, they're fast, and you can beat the crap out of them if you stay on top of your maintenance.
__________________
Build 'em Light and Wind 'em Tight.
Bino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.