Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
idontcare
CF Newbie

please help!

ok so i bought an acura rsx type-s and put a greddy evo2 catback exhaust system on this and it is not even close to as loud as i had hoped and expected. im about to put a cold air intake and a header on and i know that will help the sound quality but how much? and if not very much then how can i make it louder without screwing my car all up. oh and one more ?, what is a good brand of cold air intake and header for my car?
idontcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:18 AM   #2
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

An exhaust cutout will make your car louder. One that has to be opened/closed by hand will run about $30 unless you know how to weld, then it's only a few bucks in scrap metal. You can get an electric cutout that opens with the flip of a switch, a good one will probably cost over $100.

A header and cutout will make your car as loud as it can be without doing any engine work. To me you're not going to be able to make that car sound good and loud. From the sounds of things you're just going to be like all the Civic ricers out there that think a car is fast if it's loud.

I can't say what brand of headers or intake to buy, but in general you get what you pay for. If you're looking to save money, buying a used intake is a good idea. I've never heard of an intake noticable changing an exhaust note either, for the record.

And last but not least, there's no reason to make three treads about this.

Last edited by giant016 : 09-14-2007 at 03:22 AM.
giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:55 AM   #3
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

well there goes another ricer , evo2 does a perfect job in making your car sound like a good performance import, and you are saying you want it lauder omg....just run a straight 3in pipe for about 3 feet from your downpipe/header no res no cat and make ppl run for cover u freakin idiot, and wat pisses me off the most that its not any other civic but a typeS that u want to rice out....