Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2006, 10:49 PM   #1
t to the maxx2
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 57
Where can I get photoshop cs2?

I want and need cs2, but can't afford it.
Is there a place I can get it?
t to the maxx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Are you willing to download it?...Then I'd suggest a torrent, or Frostwire (I got 8.0CS from there) but I'm downloading 9 with a torrent...
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
t to the maxx2
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 57
Very willing.
Whats a torrent?
t to the maxx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by t to the maxx2
Very willing.
Whats a torrent?

A torrent is just a file (under 100KB) which you download, and using a certain program (I'll PM you a link to it) the torrent is opened, and it starts to download...
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,717
You guys are the reason legal copies like mine cost so much.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:27 PM   #6
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
You guys are the reason legal copies like mine cost so much.
Surely that's not the only reason, this kinda thing happens with games, they're not $200.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:40 PM   #7
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Surely that's not the only reason, this kinda thing happens with games, they're not $200.
Perhaps not but the price of games has steadily increased.
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:02 PM   #8
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Surely that's not the only reason, this kinda thing happens with games, they're not $200.

It happens with all software, as kids don't want to pay for anything (too used to having mom & dad buy stuff).
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:40 PM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
You guys are the reason legal copies like mine cost so much.

I don't see a reason to pay $500-600 for a program, when I use it very rarely, and for very basic things...if you were using it for under an hour a week, and for simple stuff such as changing the background on cars, and simple blurring effects?...

Just look at some of the Photoshop stickies to see how good I am with PS (not very lol)...

Also, why would I buy a program which is worth a good set of tools, when a newer version of that program is going to come out in under a year...it doesn't make the original program useless, but there's going to be some new features...

Not only are they expensive because of downloading...most of the prices go up because of the features...you want a video game with Super ABCDEFGHDTV (don't know what the newest one is, they're coming out with so many lol) and for it to have 7.1 Dolby Digital Audio, and graphics that are so realistic, you'll have seizures, then it's going to cost you...
Think about it...When there was the N64, the games were around $30, and it involved a lot less coding, and not so much work...

Also, these things are expensive because of supply and demand...they see that people are willing to pay for them--and I'm guilty of that quite a few times even today--and they raise prices.
If anyone knows the game "True Crime: Streets of L.A." people spent months mapping out L.A. and making exact models of the streets and buildings, this would have cost a pretty penny, not to mention the Hi-Def graphics, and everything. When it came out, people would buy them, and ended up returning them because they didn't like the way the game was played. 2 months later, the people who sold the game would be lowering the prices of used games to under $20, when it came out at $70 (Using Canadian prices), and new you could get it for $40...

One last point, wouldn't the prices be lowered for the program/game/audio/video/etc. be lowered because no one was buying it? To get more people to buy it?...

__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:07 AM   #10
Spanky2324
JDM LOL
 
Spanky2324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: El Sob, CA
Posts: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
One last point, wouldn't the prices be lowered for the program/game/audio/video/etc. be lowered because no one was buying it? To get more people to buy it?...

Actually in my area cds and dvds started becoming lower in price because of piracy but if you do recall if anyone read on it bands only recieve ten cents for each cd they sell. I don't think were gonna break them. But $200-$700 is too much for programs that allow you to edit photo or video. I still buy cds the legal way also thank you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Civic (Performance?) Numbers from the fastest of the slow...Si

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:39 AM   #11
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I don't see a reason to pay $500-600 for a program, when I use it very rarely, and for very basic things...if you were using it for under an hour a week, and for simple stuff such as changing the background on cars, and simple blurring effects?...

Just look at some of the Photoshop stickies to see how good I am with PS (not very lol)...

Also, why would I buy a program which is worth a good set of tools, when a newer version of that program is going to come out in under a year...it doesn't make the original program useless, but there's going to be some new features...

Not only are they expensive because of downloading...most of the prices go up because of the features...you want a video game with Super ABCDEFGHDTV (don't know what the newest one is, they're coming out with so many lol) and for it to have 7.1 Dolby Digital Audio, and graphics that are so realistic, you'll have seizures, then it's going to cost you...
Think about it...When there was the N64, the games were around $30, and it involved a lot less coding, and not so much work...

Also, these things are expensive because of supply and demand...they see that people are willing to pay for them--and I'm guilty of that quite a few times even today--and they raise prices.
If anyone knows the game "True Crime: Streets of L.A." people spent months mapping out L.A. and making exact models of the streets and buildings, this would have cost a pretty penny, not to mention the Hi-Def graphics, and everything. When it came out, people would buy them, and ended up returning them because they didn't like the way the game was played. 2 months later, the people who sold the game would be lowering the prices of used games to under $20, when it came out at $70 (Using Canadian prices), and new you could get it for $40...

One last point, wouldn't the prices be lowered for the program/game/audio/video/etc. be lowered because no one was buying it? To get more people to buy it?...

If yopu're just doing simple stuff, I think GIMP will cover everyhting
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 01:41 AM   #12
giant016
My mom says I'm cool
 
giant016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Perhaps not but the price of games has steadily increased.
I disagree. I see the cases to some of my old Sega Genesis games that say $50. I never paid that (bought them used), but the fact is that 10 years ago new games were the same cost as a new PS2 game now. Factor in inflation, and that basically means that games are more affordable nowadays.
__________________
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:27 PM   #13
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution
 
NISSANSPDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
You guys are the reason legal copies like mine cost so much.

All I got to say is why pay for something when you can get it for free? Now I know you probably consider it stealing but Adobe overcharges for that program. I dont pirate movies or music. This is the only piece of pirated software I own. Everything else I pay money for...
__________________
Yours truly,
Gabriel
NISSANSPDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:23 AM   #14
t to the maxx2
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 57
Anyone know of a working keygen?
t to the maxx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:27 AM   #15
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by t to the maxx2
Anyone know of a working keygen?
Yours downloaded?...Mine's not available

I'll PM you with a Serial # in a second
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.