Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2006, 04:48 AM   #1
83transam
Banned

Tire problem

K i dono if ive told everyone or not, but i wrecked my car. both tires on the passanger side went flat in the wreck, and just outa luck a couple months before i bought a set of 96 camaro wheels and tires that are new and will slip right on. But the problem is that my car has 245/60/16 which came out stock on the v8's. The camaro wheels are 225/60/16 which came out stock on the v6's. (To my knoledge which is extreamly limited). So i have 4 good firebird wheels with two good 245's on em and 4 good camaro wheels with 4 good 225's on em. Should i put all the camaro wheels on wit tires, or put the two good 245's on back and 225's on frount or what combonation should i use, becuase if the 225's are two small for the car i dont wana have them fried off in a week. THanks!

And oh yea one of my friends has an old caddy with a big block in it and she said i could have the engine if i would get the shit outa her yard, so im thinkin of maybe starting a project. Any suggestions on what i should do?
83transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:58 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83transam
K i dono if ive told everyone or not, but i wrecked my car. both tires on the passanger side went flat in the wreck, and just outa luck a couple months before i bought a set of 96 camaro wheels and tires that are new and will slip right on. But the problem is that my car has 245/60/16 which came out stock on the v8's. The camaro wheels are 225/60/16 which came out stock on the v6's. (To my knoledge which is extreamly limited). So i have 4 good firebird wheels with two good 245's on em and 4 good camaro wheels with 4 good 225's on em. Should i put all the camaro wheels on wit tires, or put the two good 245's on back and 225's on frount or what combonation should i use, becuase if the 225's are two small for the car i dont wana have them fried off in a week. THanks!

And oh yea one of my friends has an old caddy with a big block in it and she said i could have the engine if i would get the shit outa her yard, so im thinkin of maybe starting a project. Any suggestions on what i should do?
First off, your wheels aren't "225/60/16" (The camaro wheels are 225/60/16), the tires are. The crux of the matter is determining what size the wheels you want to use are and then figuring out if the tires will fit on them safely. This is what I would do. There is so little difference in width between the 225's and the 245's that the wheels are probably the same width. Certainly not more than 1/2" diference. I'd pick out the set of wheels I wanted to use and mount two with 225's and two with 245's. Then you'll have the classic big and little look, no matter how slight it may be. The only problem may come if you have four wheel ABS. It's hard to tell because you didn't bother with that one tiny bit of info that helps so much. Year, make and model.

As for the Caddy question, it's pretty much the same problem. Not enough info.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 05:11 AM   #3
83transam
Banned

I know i ment the tires i just called em wheels cuz i was thinkin fast, i thought id told everyone i got a 1994 firebird formula with the lt1, Yes i have 4 wheel ABS and both wheels are stock, i didnt know if the bigger tires will fit on the camaro wheels which have smaller tires or vise versa.

I dono what size the engine is in the caddy thats why i didnt say but i think they all have the same big block and its the big block. Its all stock though. For seggestions i ment do people think i could make sum money by buyying an old muscle car and w/o an engine and put it in and sell. Or buy one and keep it and race it. I dont really know THats why im open for ideas so i can have an idea of what to do. But thats all the info i have BB Early Caddy engine thinkin its a 472 or summin not really sure so dont bitch at me if im wrong.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:24 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I know i ment the tires i just called em wheels cuz i was thinkin fast, i thought id told everyone i got a 1994 firebird formula with the lt1, Yes i have 4 wheel ABS and both wheels are stock, i didnt know if the bigger tires will fit on the camaro wheels which have smaller tires or vise versa.

I dono what size the engine is in the caddy thats why i didnt say but i think they all have the same big block and its the big block. Its all stock though. For seggestions i ment do people think i could make sum money by buyying an old muscle car and w/o an engine and put it in and sell. Or buy one and keep it and race it. I dont really know THats why im open for ideas so i can have an idea of what to do. But thats all the info i have BB Early Caddy engine thinkin its a 472 or summin not really sure so dont bitch at me if im wrong.
Yeah, wheels and tires have so many of the same letters it's easy to get confused. BTW, just so you know, not everyone on this forum finds your personal life to be so intersting as to remember if or when you mentioned what kind of car you own. Last I checked there's about 12,000 members on this site and it gets a tad confusing.

With four wheel ABS you may or may not be able to get away with the difference in tire size. First you need to figure out what the difference in circumference is and go from there. You can do the numbers, that's not my job either. When you figure it out,I'll tell you if you can get away with it.

Once again, as far as the Cadillac goes, without sufficient info, there's no reason to even venture a guess. And while you're at it you might want to check your attitude at the door and try typing English instead of whatever you're using.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 01-08-2006, 05:39 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Dammit, I forgot this in both posts. I want you to take a picture of your 245/60-16's and post it in this thread. I'll bet you dollars to donuts that you don't have 245/60-16's on anything. How lucky do you feel?

Old 01-08-2006, 05:42 AM   #6
83transam
Banned

Ok listin im not trying to be a dick, actually i am in a good mood. You sound like you need to check your attatude. The caddy ? was OPEN FOR ****ING IDEAS which means throw out a random suggestion ( i think it would be cool to buy a 68 camaro and put it in there and fix it up) for example. The Tires are EXACTLY the same just one is not as wide same wall heighth same wheel size, just different widths. A possible answer could be Yes You can Put 225/60/16's on the back with the camaro wheels and it will work just fine, the differences in size is so little that they wont spin out to easy since they are not as wide. Do you see the point of the question ??????????? i dont want an aswer of NOONE CARES ABOUT YOUR PESONAL LIFE, CHECK YOUR ATTUDE, NOT ENOUGH INFO EVEN THOUGH ITS OPEN TO ****ING SUGGESTIONS
Old 01-08-2006, 05:43 AM   #7
83transam
Banned

Why the hell would i not have 245 60 16's thats what came out stock you smart shit? Wait its 50 not 60 my mistake but still what diffrence would it have made?

Last edited by 83transam : 01-08-2006 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:51 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Ok listin im not trying to be a dick, actually i am in a good mood. You sound like you need to check your attatude. The caddy ? was OPEN FOR ****ING IDEAS which means throw out a random suggestion ( i think it would be cool to buy a 68 camaro and put it in there and fix it up) for example. The Tires are EXACTLY the same just one is not as wide same wall heighth same wheel size, just different widths. A possible answer could be Yes You can Put 225/60/16's on the back with the camaro wheels and it will work just fine, the differences in size is so little that they wont spin out to easy since they are not as wide. Do you see the point of the question ??????????? i dont want an aswer of NOONE CARES ABOUT YOUR PESONAL LIFE, CHECK YOUR ATTUDE, NOT ENOUGH INFO EVEN THOUGH ITS OPEN TO ****ING SUGGESTIONS
Okay, listen to me very carefully. A 225/60-16 and a 245/60-16 are different widths AND different heights, which means the circumference will be different. That is assuming that you have 245/60-16's, which you almost absolutely don't. You can prove your tire size with a picture. You can prove that you have at least half a functioning brain by listening to what I'm saying and learning.

As for your Cadillac angine, get this through your head. Without knowing what engine it is, it's really hard to give you any realistic ideas what to do with it, although I'm about two seconds away from sugesting you stick it up your ass.

You may not be trying to be a dick, but you're doing a good job of it anyway. A stupid dick at that. How this conversation, and the information you receive from here out, is entirely up to you. So, do you want to be an ignorant f*ck, or learn something instead? The choice is yours.

Old 01-08-2006, 05:53 AM   #9
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Why the hell would i not have 245 60 16's thats what came out stock you smart shit? Wait its 50 not 60 my mistake but still what diffrence would it have made?
You call me a name and still want help in the same post? Amazing. At least you've displayed the ability to admit you're wrong, so there's hope for you yet. Read the other post and get on the stick.

Old 01-08-2006, 05:58 AM   #10
83transam
Banned

OK since im an ignornt ****. WHy the Hell is a 245 which is width 50 which is heighth and 16 which is the inner wheel be different cicumfeneces than a 225 50 16 when the only diffence is the width? tell me why in a sinceable mannor and i will admit you are right. its a simple ?. as for the Caddy THEY ONLY MADE ONE MOTHER ****ING BIG BLOCK AND THATS WHAT IT ****ING IS. like for instance the sun is yellow- me not enough info cuz i dont know which sun it is - you

ANd please tell me i dont under stand why can i not have a 245 60 16?
Old 01-08-2006, 06:05 AM   #11
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
OK since im an ignornt ****. WHy the Hell is a 245 which is width 50 which is heighth and 16 which is the inner wheel be different cicumfeneces than a 225 50 16 when the only diffence is the width? tell me why in a sinceable mannor and i will admit you are right. its a simple ?. as for the Caddy THEY ONLY MADE ONE MOTHER ****ING BIG BLOCK AND THATS WHAT IT ****ING IS. like for instance the sun is yellow- me not enough info cuz i dont know which sun it is - you

b/c 50 is the aspect ratio, meaning the sidewall height is 50% of 225 and 245, respectively. so caddy has only made one big block for all these years? you shouldn't have any problem identifying it for us, then...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:05 AM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

I'll keep this simple for you.

1. You made the statement that the tires are the same height. That means you get to justify your statement to me first. Then I might spend the time to educate you.

2. Are you sure about that? I mean really? Tell me which years and models have the small journal cast crank and which ones have the large journal forged crank. You seem to be full of knowledge, share it.

3. Find me a link to anybody, anywhere that sells 245/60-16's. Any online business will do. Really, any, go ahead and try.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:06 AM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
b/c 50 is the aspect ratio, meaning the sidewall height is 50% of 225 and 245, respectively. so caddy has only made one big block for all these years? you shouldn't have any problem identifying it for us, then...
Ya know, it makes for a much better learning environment whan people have to work for it. Spoonfeeding is for pussies, and that's just what you did. Thanks a lot.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:08 AM   #14
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Ya know, it makes for a much better learning environment whan people have to work for it. Spoonfeeding is for pussies, and that's just what you did. Thanks a lot.

sorry, i'll leave...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:17 AM   #15
83transam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
Well i thank you very much You actually answered one of my questions nicly and i understand it so thank you, as for the caddy ? its older i said i thought it is a 472 and they only made one big block (TO THE BEST OF MY KNOLEDGE WHICH IS EXTREALLY LIMITED) and i also said i wasnt sure so dont bitch me out if im wrong

Im serriously not trying to be a dick if i am then sorry just tell me what i should do, explain the reason and thats all im asking for. I said i dont know everything so dont say i did thats the point in being in here is learning and asking qeustions and if your wrong than be corrected not critisized. And summin else when it comes to the engine of my car, dont ask me who knows more because unless you know everything than dont bother making yourself look stupid.

Last edited by 83transam : 01-08-2006 at 06:24 AM.