Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2006, 06:21 AM   #16
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83transam
Well i thank you very much You actually answered one of my questions nicly and i understand it so thank you, as for the caddy ? its older i said i thought it is a 472 and they only made one big block (TO THE BEST OF MY KNOLEDGE WHICH IS EXTREALLY LIMITED) and i also said i wasnt sure so dont bitch me out if im wrong
Did he really? Then it shouldn't be too much trouble for you to determine the circumference of each tire. What is it? That's the only way to know if you can make it work.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:29 AM   #17
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

The only Cadillac big blocks I can think of are the 425, 472 and 500, there may be more (and honestly, I'm not sure if the 425 is considered a Big Block).
Oh, I forgot the 429 (made from the 390)... would a 390 count as one?

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"

Last edited by car_crazy89 : 01-08-2006 at 06:35 AM.
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:30 AM   #18
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Well i thank you very much You actually answered one of my questions nicly and i understand it so thank you, as for the caddy ? its older i said i thought it is a 472 and they only made one big block (TO THE BEST OF MY KNOLEDGE WHICH IS EXTREALLY LIMITED) and i also said i wasnt sure so dont bitch me out if im wrong

Im serriously not trying to be a dick if i am then sorry just tell me what i should do, explain the reason and thats all im asking for. I said i dont know everything so dont say i did thats the point in being in here is learning and asking qeustions and if your wrong than be corrected not critisized. And summin else when it comes to the engine of my car, dont ask me who knows more because unless you know everything than dont bother making yourself look stupid.
I'll re-respond because you've edited your post. I don't know anything about the "engine of your car" and never pretended to because you don't even have enough information to tell us what it is. Don't get mad at me because you're unable to provide required information. And if the point of coming here is learning, then why are you fighting it so hard. I tried to provide you with quality information and am still willing to help but you threw up every obstacle that you could.

So how's your tire math coming? I don't have all night.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 01-08-2006, 06:36 AM   #19
83transam
Banned

the tires then are 225-50-16, 245-50-16 i was wrong about the size i admit it, i dont know how to calculated it or w/e but thanx to the dodge dude i understand why i was wrong and learned something so far i havent learned anything from you so you can help me if you want or not.

and yet agin it doesnt matter the size of the damn engine in the caddy, let me refraze the question in Your own opinion if you were given a BB caddy motor not knowing the size or anything, what would be your first thought of what you would do to it, excuiding finding out the size of it cuz thats apparent i mean would ya find a body to put it in? if so what kinda car be creative would you sell it, melt it? blow it up? burry it in a hole for future kids with metal detectors to find?
83transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:40 AM   #20
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Hey 83transam, do you only get the engine or can you have the car too? If it was the whole car then it'd be a good demo car (maybe endurance car)... otherwise could find an old caddy without and engine for cheap, throw it in and either sell or race/derby it.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:46 AM   #21
83transam
Banned

here are the specs to my car-
350 cubic inches, 5733 cubic centimeters, 5.7 liters, cast iron block, 2 bolt centers and ends
stroke: 3.48" bore:4.00" comp ratio:10:4:1 combustion chambers:54 cc Factory redline is 5700 rpms, pistons are eutectic aluminum/silicon alloy
conecting rod Mat. is powdered metal
crankshaft is cast iron
cylinder heads are cast aluminum with 2 valves per cylinder ( total of 16 vavles 212 CFM flow
Valve diameter is 1.94 intake 1.5 exhaust valve overlag is 41
vavle springs: 85 lbs seated
camshaft: 205/207 duration at 50,.447/.459" lift, 117 lobe seperation angle
rocker arms-1:5:1 stamped steel timing chain: powdered metal butt link.
fuel delivery EFI sequential port
injector size is 3 gps, 24 lbs/hr mass aiflow
48 mm twin butterfly
aluminum intake manifold
Old 01-08-2006, 06:49 AM   #22
83transam
Banned

i get the whole thing...that would be damn fun all it needs are tires and one wheel is bent but other than that its just what time has done to it. I dont know if there are any demos around here or not but that would be cool shit
Old 01-08-2006, 06:50 AM   #23
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
the tires then are 225-50-16, 245-50-16 i was wrong about the size i admit it, i dont know how to calculated it or w/e but thanx to the dodge dude i understand why i was wrong and learned something so far i havent learned anything from you so you can help me if you want or not.

and yet agin it doesnt matter the size of the damn engine in the caddy, let me refraze the question in Your own opinion if you were given a BB caddy motor not knowing the size or anything, what would be your first thought of what you would do to it, excuiding finding out the size of it cuz thats apparent i mean would ya find a body to put it in? if so what kinda car be creative would you sell it, melt it? blow it up? burry it in a hole for future kids with metal detectors to find?
Tire Circumference - example tire 195/60-14

195/25.4=7.68 tire width in inches
7.68*.60=4.61 sidewall height in inches
(4.61*2)+14=23.22 tire diameter in inches
23.22*3.14=72.91 tire circumference in inches

Without knowing what engine it is, it's impossible to say. A Cad engine might be able to be a good street engine, or it may be junk. It all depends.

Old 01-08-2006, 06:58 AM   #24
83transam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Tire Circumference - example tire 195/60-14

195/25.4=7.68 tire width in inches
7.68*.60=4.61 sidewall height in inches
(4.61*2)+14=23.22 tire diameter in inches
23.22*3.14=72.91 tire circumference in inches

Without knowing what engine it is, it's impossible to say. A Cad engine might be able to be a good street engine, or it may be junk. It all depends.

Ok i see now thank you, so the circumference of the 225's would be smaller? I think the caddy engine is a 472 i wouldnt bet my life on it but i would bet alot. I was thinkin about buying an engin stand and rebuilding it into summin really badass and then buying like an old vette body to put it in. But i also think the idea of demo durby is pretty baddass to cuz i like terring things up
Old 01-08-2006, 07:03 AM   #25
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Ok i see now thank you, so the circumference of the 225's would be smaller? I think the caddy engine is a 472 i wouldnt bet my life on it but i would bet alot. I was thinkin about buying an engin stand and rebuilding it into summin really badass and then buying like an old vette body to put it in. But i also think the idea of demo durby is pretty baddass to cuz i like terring things up
Plus, you may get lucky and be able to reuse the engine afterwards.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:04 AM   #26
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
The last 472 I built went into an '82ish ElCamino backed up with a 200R4 and an mini-spooled 8.5" 10 bolt. The guy I sold it to still drives it to work every day and races it at least twice a month. In the last four years I don't think he's even changed the plugs and it'll still turn the tires into a puddle of black goo anytime.

Oh yeah, better check your math again.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:19 AM   #27
83transam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
The last 472 I built went into an '82ish ElCamino backed up with a 200R4 and an mini-spooled 8.5" 10 bolt. The guy I sold it to still drives it to work every day and races it at least twice a month. In the last four years I don't think he's even changed the plugs and it'll still turn the tires into a puddle of black goo anytime.

Oh yeah, better check your math again.

yea its a 70's model...oh do the 225 have a bigger circumfrense?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:21 AM   #28
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
yea its a 70's model...oh do the 225 have a bigger circumfrense?
Math. It's all in the math, or do I need to revisit my statement about spoonfeeding?

Old 01-08-2006, 07:31 AM   #29
83transam
Banned

kk i got 80.28" for the 245
and 77.30" for the 225 so the 225 are smaller around and that would throw shit off right?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:33 AM   #30
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
kk i got 80.28" for the 245
and 77.30" for the 225 so the 225 are smaller around and that would throw shit off right?
Pay attention to the tire sizes and the numbers you're plugging into the equation. You have the 245 right, but the 225 is way off.

Good night!