Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2005, 12:23 AM   #1
kingj
CF Newbie

96 chrysler concorde electrical problems

If anyone can offer some help it would be greatly appreciated. My 1996 concorde has developed a strange electrical problem. When I start the car I may have to turn it off and restart 5 or 6 times in order to get the ac blower to work,power windows and head lights. Some electrical has not been effected CD player works, turn signals. I also failed to mention the airbag light comes on, but when the blower and windows work airbag light goes off.
Does it sound like a computer problem or a relay problem? Hey I'm stumped I'm open to any help you may have. Thanks
kingj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Does the engine start first time though? If not, could be an immobiliser problem.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:40 AM   #3
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

maybe try moving turning the key back and forth slightly. my car did something similar when the ignition stuck between "start" and "run"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:14 AM   #4
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingj
If anyone can offer some help it would be greatly appreciated. My 1996 concorde has developed a strange electrical problem. When I start the car I may have to turn it off and restart 5 or 6 times in order to get the ac blower to work,power windows and head lights. Some electrical has not been effected CD player works, turn signals. I also failed to mention the airbag light comes on, but when the blower and windows work airbag light goes off.
Does it sound like a computer problem or a relay problem? Hey I'm stumped I'm open to any help you may have. Thanks

could be a bad ignition switch as it will normally have 1 or 2 supply wires and multiple feed wires starter-heater/ac-acc(stereo headlights)
looking up in the autostart manual your car has one power in and 3 feeds to various ignition sources and 2 for heater/ac and accessories
so what i'm getting at is that half of the ignition switch maybe worn and by you working it back and fourth(start/stop/start) your forcing a contact inside the switch

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 04:11 PM   #5
osborste
the canuck tech

any luck/change?

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote