Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2005, 12:08 AM   #1
95civicdima
CF Addict

Test drove my first Prelude SH 1997 today

yea i was in N.E Philly today had some business to do there. While i was there i drove by a Honda dealership and decided to see if they had any preludes. They didn't have a 1997 that they could let me testdrive but they let me test drive a 1998 Prelude SH. I go into it and felt very comfterable. They said there basically no major differences in the years so i'm basically sitting in the car i want. They are gonna call me when they get a hold of a 1997. Just felt like sharing it. Still open to any opinions of the car and would like to hear what everyone thinks of a 1997 Prelude
Old 12-20-2005, 12:12 AM   #2
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95civicdima
yea i was in N.E Philly today had some business to do there. While i was there i drove by a Honda dealership and decided to see if they had any preludes. They didn't have a 1997 that they could let me testdrive but they let me test drive a 1998 Prelude SH. I go into it and felt very comfterable. They said there basically no major differences in the years so i'm basically sitting in the car i want. They are gonna call me when they get a hold of a 1997. Just felt like sharing it. Still open to any opinions of the car and would like to hear what everyone thinks of a 1997 Prelude

Sounds good man, just make sure it's the car you want, not only that but I would check out autotrader.com cars.com and other sites unless your going to have to get it financed I wouldn't go to a dealership, if you compare a prices for a car at kbb.com and compare the private party value, then the dealership value the dealership value is sooo much more. I personally am going to stay away from dealerships for as long as I can when buying a car.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:26 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Cool...how about some pics

Can't really go wrong with a Prelude
Old 12-20-2005, 12:27 AM   #4
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Sounds good man, just make sure it's the car you want, not only that but I would check out autotrader.com cars.com and other sites unless your going to have to get it financed I wouldn't go to a dealership, if you compare a prices for a car at kbb.com and compare the private party value, then the dealership value the dealership value is sooo much more. I personally am going to stay away from dealerships for as long as I can when buying a car.

I hear you there...i have the same opinion but for a testdrive while i'm bored
Old 12-20-2005, 01:06 AM   #5
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
I hear you there...i have the same opinion but for a testdrive while i'm bored

Lol true, but you were talking about hwo they would call you when they got one in. Which implies that you will buy it from there, personally I woudl try to wait and save up to just straight out BUY one privately.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 12-20-2005, 01:38 AM   #6
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Cool...how about some pics

Can't really go wrong with a Prelude

Pic's well i guess if u really wanted em i could but the thing is i'm not gonna be buyin these particular ones. Also pythias i know w hat you mean i don't intend on buyin it for anytime to soon
Old 12-20-2005, 01:57 AM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Pic's well i guess if u really wanted em i could but the thing is i'm not gonna be buyin these particular ones. Also pythias i know w hat you mean i don't intend on buyin it for anytime to soon

I know, I just like looking at pictures
Old 12-20-2005, 02:10 AM   #8
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

Lmfao

Old 12-20-2005, 03:57 AM   #9
95civicdima
CF Addict

Quote:

Old 12-22-2005, 01:59 AM   #10
odds
CF Newbie

oh, so you're looking at the 5th gen models? i thought you didn't have enough cash, hehe. both 4th & 5th gens are amazing, so keep an eye out for a good bargain.
odds is offline   Reply With Quote