Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #16
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
If I'm not mistaken Nitrous provides a cooling effect in the intake air, reduceing the temp, making the air mope dense, providing more oxygen into the cylinder.
Check out prices with Zex, Holley, Nitrous Express
The correct answer is contained right in it's name. Nitrous oxide is rich in... wait for it... OXYGEN. By introducing additional oxygen to the engine it allows you to burn more fuel resulting in more power. The cooling effect (if any) is just a side benefit. We run our nitrous bottles at about 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit or about 1200 psi (kids, don't try this at home, it WILL explode) so there is little cooling effect.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #17
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
The correct answer is contained right in it's name. Nitrous oxide is rich in... wait for it... OXYGEN. By introducing additional oxygen to the engine it allows you to burn more fuel resulting in more power. The cooling effect (if any) is just a side benefit. We run our nitrous bottles at about 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit or about 1200 psi (kids, don't try this at home, it WILL explode) so there is little cooling effect.
Jesus 1200 psi??? What is it usually, or is that how high those bottles are running psi wise?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #18
97prelude
CF Newbie

ok you have obviously figured this out already but I dont know anything about this stuff. How do you refill your nitrous? How many times can you use it before it runs out? What else will I have to install in my car so that it can handle the nitrous?
97prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:11 PM   #19
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97prelude
ok you have obviously figured this out already but I dont know anything about this stuff. How do you refill your nitrous? How many times can you use it before it runs out? What else will I have to install in my car so that it can handle the nitrous?
Depends, the internals have to be strong enough to withstand it, you can use it a couple times before it runs out depending on HOW you use it
Old 07-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #20
True_Brit
Has a new job!

you know, with the money you have left, id buy a new coat of paint for the car, i mean, gold yuck! doesnt suit the car at all, maybe a dark metallic blue or something like that!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #21
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Jesus 1200 psi??? What is it usually, or is that how high those bottles are running psi wise?
You should never exceed 950. Oops!

Quote:
What have you done for Car-Forums lately?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 07-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #22
97prelude
CF Newbie

So than why not just get turbo and not have to refill it? I dont know anybody with nitrous thats why im surprised its the best thing to get. Most of my friends have turbochargers.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:14 PM   #23
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
You should never exceed 950. Oops!

What have you done for Car-Forums lately?
Oh holy shit hobo......
Old 07-13-2006, 11:15 PM   #24
97prelude
CF Newbie

"What have you done for Car-Forums lately?"

absolutely nothing. I dont know enough to help anybody yet. Im trying to learn as much as I can and eventually I will be able to help people. Everybody was a newb at some point. I dont see why you have such a hard time understanding that.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #25
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Oh holy shit hobo......
And that's four bottles and eight soleniods feeding twin plates. Either it works or goes bang. Bang is cool, but expensive.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:22 PM   #26
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
And that's four bottles and eight soleniods feeding twin plates. Either it works or goes bang. Bang is cool, but expensive.
Haha man I would love to just hang around wherever you do this and observe
Old 07-13-2006, 11:31 PM   #27
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Haha man I would love to just hang around wherever you do this and observe
Try going here.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 PM   #28
True_Brit
Has a new job!

if i wernt living in england right now..................

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:59 PM   #29
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
I just bought this car so I am already on a pretty tight budget. I have seen electronic turbochargers for under 400. I have also seen some close to 2000. Obviously the more expensive ones will be better but my question is if I buy a cheaper one, is it cheaper because it is not a complete setup and I will need additional parts? What else can I add for a reasonable price to make the car better? It has new headers. I was looking into a new intake but again, I am not sure what kind to get. Here is the car.

Headers on that engine won't be a big gain, nor will playing with air intake pipes. By now you will have figured out that the concensus is electric hairdryers will do zip.

You need to define a "reasonable price" and also ask yourself why you are wanting to up the power. Might be cheaper to get your thrills by purchasing a little 3 pot Suzuki with a turbo as a second car and hack around the track.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:14 AM   #30
BoostedDreamz
CF Newbie

Love the pics! I had a 2000 prelude and I loved it, only problem was it was an automatic. Anyway.. if the electric turbo is what I think it is (i'm new here also), it's not even worth the money. I would just get a turbo system or nitrous. Do you have a CAI or anything yet? Basic mods aren't too expensive and they help some. Well, I think the car looks great, good luck and keep up the good work!
BoostedDreamz is offline   Reply With Quote