Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2004, 11:31 PM   #16
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
you two stop bitching now.. the guy needs some help here..
Ditto. The people of CF need to stop thinking about the drivers and think about the cars, or else it would be called DF, Driver-Forums... Stop bitching and start helping.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:02 PM   #17
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponR
you two stop bitching now.. the guy needs some help here..

I already did. Look at the bulk of my post, talking to the Civic owner about his car and springs.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:21 PM   #18
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I'll cut this short and simple. Being a daily driver, it DOES in fact matter whats done to it(Max performance may not be a goal, but I think saftey is a priority). Thats pretty arrogrant coming from somone of your stature.

You're a moron if you think it's unsafe. And I'll hammer that home forever. You simply don't know what you're talking about. And with a few milion combined miles on cars done like the ones I've talked about, I think I have a BIT more direct f*cking experience than you, thankyouverymuch.

In fact YOUR statement is the one that's arrogant, ignorant and uninformed. And that's the NICEST thing I can say about it.

Jesus, I can't believe how pissed off I am right now. I've taken the time to STUDY this in depth over the years to make SURE I knew what I was talking about, and then a complete retard like yourself comes along and can say what you say after i discuss it?

Quote:
Regardless to what YOU can drive, or choose to drive(be it lowered or not) thats your choice. I won't suggest anyone to do something I would'nt do myself. So if you believe in the backyarded mechanic ways of cutting coils in half, thats you. I was taught to do things properly and correct the first time.

Listen you dumbass POS. I was taught how to do things back when there wwerne't any aftermarket springs for most of the cars we worked on. You did it yourself if you wanted to be competetive on the track or you wanted it to work on the street. The same math that allows modern spring companies to make different springs for cars was what people like Herb Adams (know the name? Look it up) teach how to cut springs in his books on making cars handle. The same concepts still work, especially if what you want still isn't available in the aftermarket.

It IS doing it the "right way." You're just to f*cking stupid to know it.

Quote:
Now if you go up to his original post he gave specific links to products he wanted to purchse. Its just so happens to be an off-brand generic lowering kit. The same off-brand kit that I have seen malfunction on plenty of civics. From the springs cracking, bottoming out, stressing out of position... I can continue.

Which is why I didn't suggest USING that f*cking kit, retard. But there was more to passing out information than simply saying "don't use that kit" and there's more to passing out useful information than "spend the most money you can on the most expensive coil-over kit available." Unless you want to go to his house and f*cking pay for it yourself, that's not the ONLY viable solution!

You're the same kind of person that said that my RX7 couln't be built for under $10k, and would have the balance ruined because it couldn't possibly be done "right" as Mazda engineers designed it around that little rotary engine and spent millions engineering it the "right" way.

Get your retarded theories out of a factual discussion, or at least learn something NEW.

Quote:
Point being, he was trying to go the cheap way out. I wasn't giving ignorant opinions. I was giving information based on my experiences.

So was I. And guess what? My decades of experience trumps your experience of NOT using kits, but merely therizing absed on seeing someone ELSE use a kit. Maybe those f*ckers installed it wrong? Did you ever f*cking think of that? No, apparently not.

www.midatlantic7s.com

Last edited by ChrisV : 12-10-2004 at 09:24 PM.
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:29 PM   #19
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Pfft, I can't be bothered with your "I have XX years of this and that" bullshit. I know what I was taught. You staring at a board of information for 30+ years does'nt make you anymore better than if I stared at newer one for 5 years and got the same exact thing revised.

Not saying I know more than you, because thats not true. Point being I respect your knowledge but don't knock on me because what I learned differs from what you learned some 30 odd years ago.

You can curse and get heated all you want. I'll just continue doing my studies at school re-learning all your old "half-assed" methods the "right" way.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:55 PM   #20
Step Up
CF Newbie

Although I dont either of these two very well, I must say Dsmer sounds a little bit more convincing simply because of the fact that the information he is talking about happens to be newer. Not to mention the fact that it is stupid to buy anything from a no-name generic company. Honestly, it comes down to this: You get what you pay for. Never take the cheap way out.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:18 PM   #21
import_nation
CF Newbie

Your choices are
Eibach Pro-Kit or Sportline for 94 civic
HKS Sf5's for 94 civic
Skunk2 has race lowering springs for 94 civic
H&R has tons of lowering springs for the 94 civic
Dont get that one you found on ebay its not trustworthy... coilovers are too expensive if you just wanto lower it... so just get lowering springs... just search around ebay and look for the brands i just listen. those brands are more trustworthy.. but it really depends on how much you willing to spend.. if u wanto spend alot get coilovers because they have flexable height adjustment and are good performance wise. and if your willing to spend alot dont get it from ebay... lowering springs do help your performance a little but it harms it on other ways... but remember depending on how much your lowering you might haveto get alignment/camber kits to make sure your tires are flat on the ground...

Agree,Disagree I'm still right... -_-
import_nation is offline   Reply With Quote