Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2005, 03:26 AM   #106
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
As my mother repeatably reminded me "if you can't do it better, don't criticise those that can".

So for all those that have a hatred for Hondas et al, get out and build a factory, employ thousands of people and make a motsa out of selling the perfect vehicle for all occasions.

I hate Honda so I should go out and make my own car company? No logic in that whatsoever.

Even though making my own car company is a dream of mine, like Shelby and Saleen, its impossible to make a car thats perfect for all occasions. The point I'm making is that Honda Civics and Accords are NOT racecars, theyre intended as daily driving econoboxes, and nothing more. I hate when people act like theyre the best thing since the invention of the internal combustion engine.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:53 AM   #107
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
I hate Honda so I should go out and make my own car company? No logic in that whatsoever.

Even though making my own car company is a dream of mine, like Shelby and Saleen, its impossible to make a car thats perfect for all occasions. The point I'm making is that Honda Civics and Accords are NOT racecars, theyre intended as daily driving econoboxes, and nothing more. I hate when people act like theyre the best thing since the invention of the internal combustion engine.

Sure Civics and Accords ORIGINAL intentions were meant from getting from point A to B with good economy and perfect reliabilty. That doesnt mean they cant make models for fun on the weekends auto-xing or stock/modified class SCCA racing (Civic Si, Civic Type-R, Accord SiR/Type-R).

No production car intended for street use is a racecar. That doesnt mean any car cant be transformed into a full blown 8 second beast or just a fun stock class Solo II SCCA car. Ignore all the ricers who dont know WTF they are talking about (seems to where you get all your misinformation and hated of Hondas...).

Point is, in the end some Civics are built to get the best MPG (DX/LX/EX models in specific). Some Civics are built to have a little fun in and possibly win some auto-x events (Civic Si). Some Civics are built INTENDED for a lot of track use (Civic Type-R). This still doesnt mean you cant turn a Civic DX into a successful stock class Solo II car.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 04:24 AM   #108
Wally
I Know More Than You

You guys need to read about Soichiro Honda then make up you mind whether there's a bit of race pedigree in there or not.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #109
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
You guys need to read about Soichiro Honda then make up you mind whether there's a bit of race pedigree in there or not.

Doesnt matter. The Civic and Accord is designed to be an economy car. The Si and Type-R were made to give the people that like their fuel economy a little balls on the weekend.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:45 PM   #110
fudge
let's fighting love

Economy and performance-that's like having your cake and eating it.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #111
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Doesnt matter. The Civic and Accord is designed to be an economy car. The Si and Type-R were made to give the people that like their fuel economy a little balls on the weekend.

Yeah, because you get such great fuel economy going at nearly 4000rpms o nthe highway with a CTR or when racing in auto-x (and winning) at 8000rpms getting excellent mileage. you're right the first thing on Honda's mind when they built the CTR was fuel economy...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:27 PM   #112
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Yeah, because you get such great fuel economy going at nearly 4000rpms o nthe highway with a CTR or when racing in auto-x (and winning) at 8000rpms getting excellent mileage