Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
sailor_0
CF Newbie

Angry 86 cevrotlet pickup w/ qjet problems

Me step dad rebuilt an 86 chevy C-10 and did so rather nicly if i may say so. Completly gutted all the computer junk out of the entire truck. the 350 looks so nicely sitting there, but he has read a little about the good things that the quadrajet has to offer. When we first had the truck running it seemed a little underpowered so naturely we increased the metering rods(i believe). We never really didn't notice any big changes but this was still all new and hadn't had time to "break in". So its now 3 years later and still havn't noticed the dramastic power that i thought would come from the 4bb qjet. But here is the problem that i'm wanting to fix. First is that its running rather rich. Just replaced dual exhaust a month ago and already massive carbon build up in the tail pipes! And the second part is when i slam the trottle down there is a good second of bogging or hesitation that happens. I've messed with the idle fuel mixture screws but thats pretty much as much as i know how to do. is there anyone one that can help me to get my tires smokin????
sailor_0 is offline   Reply With Quote