Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
wnabauto
CF Newbie

So many choices all expensive

I hope this is the rite section to put this in because i did not see a tool specific forum section. This is my first post other then my introducing post but lets get down to business.

I am starting classes next semester and i just went through the tool sellers at registration and it was awsome so many beautiful tools just waiting to be ripped off the wall and used but unfortunatly everything costs money and i can only choose one dealer.... I have narrowed the dealers down to 2 but im very iffy about what to choose cause i want to make sure that the tools im buying is worth the loan im taking out :/. The choices ive narrowed it down to are the well known snap-on and the not so well known (atleast around here) matco tools. Im leaning more towards the matco tools, the problem im having(which is why i come to all of you) is everyone i ask around here is 50/50 some say snap on some say matco(of those who know it around here).

If you dont like either of those the other dealers there were arnold motor supply, and craftsman(craftsman is a def no).

I should also tell you the main reason though i have others why i strayed from snap-on(but im not sure if this is true). What i was told from the other dealers were snap-on doesnt fix ur tools when they brake what they do is rip out the shaft part and shove another one in. Is this true because it makes me very nervous about going with this tool.

Sorry for the long explanation but i just want to make sure that the loan is worth it. thank you again and please shine some light on this subject.
wnabauto is offline   Reply With Quote