Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2004, 10:54 AM   #16
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
In my opinion, RWD is always far supirior to FWD. I think you'll find that most cars in general are now FWD, apart from sports cars...and BMW's & most Mercs. I'll never understand why people trhink FWD cars handle better than RWD cars when really it's the person driving who aint doing it right

your back!

Well you cant just say a FWD is better than a RWD, its a very unprecise comparison, i would prefer to drive a mini than a austin ruby 7 not really a fiar comparison is it.
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:13 AM   #17
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
your back!

Well you cant just say a FWD is better than a RWD, its a very unprecise comparison, i would prefer to drive a mini than a austin ruby 7 not really a fiar comparison is it.
LOL...I'm only back briefly mate....I get your point totally, I should have elaberated a bit more, lets just say that I believe you average modern day car (with reasonable power output) would be better suited to a RWD setup than a fwd SETUP

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:26 AM   #18
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
LOL...I'm only back briefly mate....I get your point totally, I should have elaberated a bit more, lets just say that I believe you average modern day car (with reasonable power output) would be better suited to a RWD setup than a fwd SETUP

Take a look at BTCC and FWD isnt all that bad, its the overall setup not just which wheels go round.

its a bit like saying wider tyres are better gor grip. thats why is you go ice racing you have pencil thin tyres.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:41 AM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqyg
Take a look at BTCC and FWD isnt all that bad, its the overall setup not just which wheels go round.

its a bit like saying wider tyres are better gor grip. thats why is you go ice racing you have pencil thin tyres.
I was talking in general terms, I've driven all setups and think that RWD is better for alround fun/handling

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 10:41 PM   #20
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
I was talking in general terms, I've driven all setups and think that RWD is better for alround fun/handling

the problem is that making them comparitive is had nowadays as most rwd cars are made for fun and most other carsa are fwd and are made for shopping, children, 3 suitcases a brief case and a lap top, double glazing samples he he he
Old 06-27-2004, 02:12 AM   #21
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
In my opinion, RWD is always far supirior to FWD. I think you'll find that most cars in general are now FWD, apart from sports cars...and BMW's & most Mercs. I'll never understand why people trhink FWD cars handle better than RWD cars when really it's the person driving who aint doing it right
A-freakin-men Cliffy.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:04 PM   #22
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
A-freakin-men Cliffy.

surely its todo witht he complete package not just which wheels are driven.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:25 AM   #23
Unlicensed
CF Enthusiast

argh! 4wd!!!!

Thats what ya really want people!!

why choose between fwd and rwd when you can have both?! see the results of united efforts.

hahahahahaha
Unlicensed is offline   Reply With Quote