Civic Si Sedan 6 46.15%
Honda fit sport 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2007, 04:18 AM   #46
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
you're still making generalisations that don't make sense.

stop using the words domestic and import when you're talking about 2 imports.
And it's usually the Japanese type cars that are accused of being plastic, not larger V8's.... or so my experience runs.
All cars have plastic interiors. Domestic guys say imports have plastic imports and we know this, but my friend's 95 mustang GT has the MOST plastic interior ive ever seen it just looks and feels SO cheap looking at it and touching it. My car has a plastic interior, so does my friend's golf, and my dads corolla, rav4, camry, golf, almost every car ive been in, but american cars just have such a crappy feel and look to them its what im used to
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:40 AM   #47
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
The only domestic cars I liked were the ones pre 1990s, new stuff is shitty with a few exceptions. Import cars have a quality feel, domestics feel like they are just slapped together with no concern for quality at all, the material choices arent there, etc.

I don't understand, you rocked a poo Neon and loved it, but you refuse to TESTDRIVE a GTO...which beats the Neon, Civic, and Fit in 90% of the categories a car is judged.

Quote:
...domestics feel like they are just slapped together
Let's all be naive and consider the GTO a domestic for ease of communication. NewYorker, we don't care or believe what you will do. You're the same guy who wanted to turbo his Civic but refused to buy the parts at a supreme discount from a reputable source (ME) because you don't like...ME? Do you know me? No, but I've seen you before. The liar.

Truth is, you're keeping your car and you aren't going to any college...you are lying to us. But the real problem isn't your current lies and current ignorance, it's your inability to learn...<<<<life killer. You think...no wait...you KNOW the GTO is low quality, yet you haven't driven one. Unless you change, YOU ARE A DOOMED MAN. You will be a career valet boy or car washer. I wouldn't put you in a position of importance. You are limited. You might be mildly retarded...seriously. There is some shit that you don't catch on to that raises questions. And your habit of lying...you may have A-D-D or you may suffer from mild autism.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 AM   #48
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
I don't understand, you rocked a poo Neon and loved it, but you refuse to TESTDRIVE a GTO...which beats the Neon, Civic, and Fit in 90% of the categories a car is judged.

Let's all be naive and consider the GTO a domestic for ease of communication. NewYorker, we don't care or believe what you will do. You're the same guy who wanted to turbo his Civic but refused to buy the parts at a supreme discount from a reputable source (ME) because you don't like...ME? Do you know me? No, but I've seen you before. The liar.

Truth is, you're keeping your car and you aren't going to any college...you are lying to us. But the real problem isn't your current lies and current ignorance, it's your inability to learn...<<<<life killer. You think...no wait...you KNOW the GTO is low quality, yet you haven't driven one. Unless you change, YOU ARE A DOOMED MAN. You will be a career valet boy or car washer. I wouldn't put you in a position of importance. You are limited. You might be mildly retarded...seriously. There is some shit that you don't catch on to that raises questions. And your habit of lying...you may have A-D-D or you may suffer from mild autism.
LOL im not going to college you are a funny kid. Nissan_Altima knows I do as well as MANY other people, but I dont need to prove anything to a lowlife like you...I might though, we will see maybe once you feel stupid (not for the first time) youll shut your mouth and go back where you belong. Yes I had my neon, and yes I loved it, but after getting my civic, I see the clear difference and I cant see myself going back to poorly made cars. If I were in the market for a sports car, id get an S2000, a car that was made for driving, and to get the most out of the experience, a car that is focused on performance, not a GTO...shit id take a miata over a GTO

Last edited by newyorker : 10-18-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:38 AM   #49
What
Banned

Quote:
..shit id take a miata over a GTO

That's not the question...the real question is would you take YOU over ME? NEWYORKER over WHAT? Name any situation where the best positive results are expected and I bet most people, including you, would rather invest their faith in me.

Until you can choose yourself over me...you aren't ready...but even when you get to that point, you probably still won't be ready....because you're still making at least one bad decision...but at least you'll have the confidence and that is key.

Last edited by What : 10-18-2007 at 05:43 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:57 AM   #50
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

Dude, your not too quick. You can't argue that you would choose a Honda Civic over a Pontiac GTO based on taste. The Civic is the epitome of economy car, which just so happens to be the opposite of taste. Yes, this time you flat out said it after making some poor excuse last time.

Yes, your friends 95 Mustang GT is a river of plastic. It was also priced extremely cheap for the amount of performance it delivered. If you want a nicer interior, buy a nicer car. Its not that hard. With the cost of a new Fit you could probably buy 3 95 Mustang GT's. That is hardly a fair comparison. Or you could buy a 2nd generation BMW M5.

Choose your next phrase:

A: "But I chose Civics over M5's because I want to show that I have taste!!!!!"

B. "But I chose Civics over C5 Corvettes because of their 'primitive technology'. I even heard Corvettes use leaf springs!!!" - Which just so happen to be lighter and lower than standard coils.

C. "But the Honda Fit gets 50mpg" - But you would have to drive the Fit 130,000 miles before you broke even on the 7-8k you would of saved buying a 300zx Twin Turbo.

Last edited by rudypoochris : 10-18-2007 at 06:00 AM.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 AM   #51
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
That's not the question...the real question is would you take YOU over ME? NEWYORKER over WHAT? Name any situation where the best positive results are expected and I bet most people, including you, would rather invest their faith in me.

Until you can choose yourself over me...you aren't ready...but even when you get to that point, you probably still won't be ready....because you're still making at least one bad decision...but at least you'll have the confidence and that is key.
Well it started off being a car discussion, then somehow became about you so I will answer. I would take me over you because you are a worthless self centered piece of shit who cant see past his mustang, knife collection, and made up girlfriends. All you do is talk about how great you are...what are some great things you have done? Have you done any volunteer work? Given food to homeless on the street? Donated any money to charity? Given blood to the red cross? Have you ever helped someone do something they didnt have the skill or strength to do, and then refuse to take money because you did it as a good deed? Have you offered help to complete strangers such as an older woman loading her car in a parking lot because you felt you had a responsibility to help? I can say I have done each of these things on more than one occasion, so dont go thinking you are better than me. You talk, and seem to care only about yourself, and I hope to god if there is one that you spend the rest of your sorry days alone and reflect back on this moment when I told you it would happen, and realize what a scumbag you are. And you had better hope that when you are old and alone and weak, that in the parking lot of the grocery store someone like me comes and helps the sorry old man trying to do his shopping, that old man being you. Take a minute and think about how dumb you are, your future will thank me for it. That or il just get a smartass answer as you usually put out, and we will all keep standing in one spot.

Last edited by newyorker : 10-18-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 AM   #52
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris
Dude, your not too quick. You can't argue that you would choose a Honda Civic over a Pontiac GTO based on taste. The Civic is the epitome of economy car, which just so happens to be the opposite of taste. Yes, this time you flat out said it after making some poor excuse last time.

Yes, your friends 95 Mustang GT is a river of plastic. It was also priced extremely cheap for the amount of performance it delivered. If you want a nicer interior, buy a nicer car. Its not that hard. With the cost of a new Fit you could probably buy 3 95 Mustang GT's. That is hardly a fair comparison. Or you could buy a 2nd generation BMW M5.

Choose your next phrase:

A: "But I chose Civics over M5's because I want to show that I have taste!!!!!"

B. "But I chose Civics over C5 Corvettes because of their 'primitive technology'. I even heard Corvettes use leaf springs!!!" - Which just so happen to be lighter and lower than standard coils.

C. "But the Honda Fit gets 50mpg" - But you would have to drive the Fit 130,000 miles before you broke even on the 7-8k you would of saved buying a 300zx Twin Turbo.
a. i would take an m5 over a civic, but not now. Its not the kind of car I need in this point in my life, I dont see why thats hard to understand
b. as much as I dont like the corvette and its "technology" the c6 z06 delivers great performance all around, once again, not what I am looking for in a car right now...that and later in life id rather have the stingray anyway over the new vette its just a matter of preference, its not something that can be dictated
c. once again not a practical car for this point in my life

I see where you are coming from with this argument, but realize that as a college student trying to have something practical and safe and efficient and reliable, there are only a few choices that I really have in my mind. If I was out of college and working making great salary based on my profession, I wouldnt look anywhere close to an Si or a Fit for my car, but at this point in my life, its something I can live with, and would actually prefer..keep in mind insurance rates for cars like the GTO, 300zxtt, and camaro for a 19 year old male, with a driving record that isnt clean to say the least. And about american cars, ive just never fancied them, i have many reasons for this, large and small, but ive listed a few...they might just be stereotypes but they are all based on experience, not madeup things. ive known people who have had LOTS of troubles with their domestics, but I havent met anyone, nor read anywhere about a honda having chronic issues..sure there will be a lemon but for the majority of the import market the probability is far less than what im used to seeing in domestics. Maybe my mind will change later, but for now, I have different needs in a car. My statements about american cars may be 100 times off 6000 times into tomorrow, but from the people I have known and things I have seen, iv gotten nothing but bad vibes about them. you can correct me all day long, and say how im wrong, but if I dont want a domestic car, and have NO intention of buying one becuase my mind is set based on fact or stereotype you wont convince me otherwise. now i hope we can move on and get back to the topic at hand...what do I do about my car situation...should I just fix my bearing and drive my car a few more years?

Last edited by newyorker : 10-18-2007 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:26 AM   #53
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

if u get the fit, Broze Orange Metalic owns fiji Blue. BOM rsx's are my fav
Old 10-18-2007, 06:29 AM   #54
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Let's all be naive and consider the GTO a domestic for ease of communication.
haha.... gold.... and necessary, because it is a concept that he REALLY seems to be struggling with. Now he's not even saying "domestics", he's saying "American cars"... hmmm
Old 10-18-2007, 06:38 AM   #55
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

As much as I think newyorker is a misguided little brat, some of you are being morons. He's look for an economical new car, and you guys are recommending Camaros, GTOs, 300ZX's Corvettes, and M5's? You must be insane. All of those cars are not nearly as economical or reliable as a new Civic or Fit. Not to mention the fact that the cars you are recommending are USED and as such have little or no warranty and have MILEAGE. In other words, it will need parts sooner than a new honda!

Yes he is being stupid with his bias against domestics, but the bottom line is, those cars aren't in the right category anyway. So get off it already.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:53 AM   #56
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
As much as I think newyorker is a misguided little brat, some of you are being morons. He's look for an economical new car, and you guys are recommending Camaros, GTOs, 300ZX's Corvettes, and M5's? You must be insane. All of those cars are not nearly as economical or reliable as a new Civic or Fit. Not to mention the fact that the cars you are recommending are USED and as such have little or no warranty and have MILEAGE. In other words, it will need parts sooner than a new honda!

Yes he is being stupid with his bias against domestics, but the bottom line is, those cars aren't in the right category anyway. So get off it already.
but his "anti-domestic" bias was directed at an import.

[EDIT]: Also.... i think i gave my opinion awhile back.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:21 AM   #57
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

Quote:

My point was merely that for a fraction of the cost you can get soooo much more. Take the 300zx for example. Twin turbo 300zx is around $7-8k right now. It gets about 24mpg. It IS economical because with the extra 8k you have left over from NOT buying the fits you would have to drive 130k miles to make the Fit price break even with the 300zx (assuming the fit gets 50mpg, which I doubt it does). Furthermore they ARE reliable. If you maintain them they really are. My roomate has a 300zx N/A with 190,000 miles on it he bought at 160k, no problems. I have a 191k Ford Explorer NO PROBLEMS. Warrenties didn't used to exist 20 years ago anywhere near the levels they do now, and it wasn't a big issue. Yes they probably will need parts sooner rather than later, no it isn't a big deal. Parts for 10 and 20 year old cars, especially domestics, are SOOOO much cheaper than the average new car part it isn't even funny.

Never mind the fact that ontop of all that the 300zx has already gone through pretty much ALL of its depreciation. It will most likely rise in value from where it is at. The Fit on the other hand is a new economy car and will depreciate like a stone. In 3-4 years most likely the used 300zx will resell for more than the Fit. So which is more economical and practical then? You save 8k and you have a higher resale. Also remember that this whole time he will have been driving a 300zx twin turbo which is a ton nicer than a civic. A fully loaded 300zxTT was something like 45k back in 96'. That is a NICE car. The fact of the matter is buying NEW is NOT what is the most economic or practical for a college student, period. It just isn't.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:37 AM   #58
What
Banned

Quote:
I would take me over you because you are a worthless self centered piece of shit who cant see past his mustang, knife collection, and made up girlfriends.
Whatever you think of me personally, that doesn't stop me from getting results. And....AND....this doesn't have unity with my previous sentence but AND....I don't see how I can't "see past" those things you listed...like they dominate my life or something.

I haven't driven my Mustang in more than 2 weeks, I don't know where my knives are right now and it's not much of a collection...AND....AND...my girlfriend is real...you just want more pics of her.

Look how cute her little African-American toes are!!!

Quote:
All you do is talk about how great you are...what are some great things you have done? Have you done any volunteer work? Given food to homeless on the street? Donated any money to charity? You talk, and seem to care only about yourself.
What great things have I done? PLENTY.

As for charity related things, I'm a nice guy. Very dependable, very giving. I'd help you. Oh, you ever heard of Hurricane Katrina? Guess who was there the first day at 6a.m. helping muthaf*ckers empty they refrigerator? Guess who? You seen those dirty people walking through water? I chauffeured some of them to there destroyed properties...I didn't know them!

Red Cross? Blood? Bitch, after the hurricane, Red Cross was LIVING IN MY APARTMENT. Not my momma's house, my shit. Red Cross people from out of state had no where to sleep because of over-booked housing, and I volunteered my apt on a sign-in sheet at the Red-Cross shelter, got a call, and for THREE WEEKS people lived at my place until a hotel was ready for them. I slept where? They didn't ask. Red Cross payed for my month's rent though...but that's not the point...who volunteers there living space? I do. They could have been f*ckin' and rollin' dice in my bed. Wait...wait...where'd that dude live when he came down for business because his bitch-ass didn't like his hotel? You know, the "soft-porn" king?

During the re-build period...f*ck it let's get to the point.

I have 2 statements for you.

1. Not you or anyone else you know is me, so don't compare you or anyone else you know...to me.
2. ...and if you ain't me then who the f*ck are you?*

*quote from "What" 2007

----------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
As much as I think newyorker is a misguided little brat, some of you are being morons. He's look for an economical new car, and you guys are recommending...

I'm not recommending he buy anything, I just want him to test drive a GTO to rid himself of his foolish mindset. I feel the best thing he can do is keep his car...which is what he will do...per post #32 of this thread.

Last edited by What : 10-18-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #59
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris
My point was merely that for a fraction of the cost you can get soooo much more. Take the 300zx for example. Twin turbo 300zx is around $7-8k right now. It gets about 24mpg. It IS economical because with the extra 8k you have left over from NOT buying the fits you would have to drive 130k miles to make the Fit price break even with the 300zx (assuming the fit gets 50mpg, which I doubt it does). Furthermore they ARE reliable. If you maintain them they really are. My roomate has a 300zx N/A with 190,000 miles on it he bought at 160k, no problems. I have a 191k Ford Explorer NO PROBLEMS. Warrenties didn't used to exist 20 years ago anywhere near the levels they do now, and it wasn't a big issue. Yes they probably will need parts sooner rather than later, no it isn't a big deal. Parts for 10 and 20 year old cars, especially domestics, are SOOOO much cheaper than the average new car part it isn't even funny.

Never mind the fact that ontop of all that the 300zx has already gone through pretty much ALL of its depreciation. It will most likely rise in value from where it is at. The Fit on the other hand is a new economy car and will depreciate like a stone. In 3-4 years most likely the used 300zx will resell for more than the Fit. So which is more economical and practical then? You save 8k and you have a higher resale. Also remember that this whole time he will have been driving a 300zx twin turbo which is a ton nicer than a civic. A fully loaded 300zxTT was something like 45k back in 96'. That is a NICE car. The fact of the matter is buying NEW is NOT what is the most economic or practical for a college student, period. It just isn't.

I agree with you there, but this is what he wants...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #60
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Quote:
is real...you just want more pics of her.

Well of course he does. Look how he drools over synthetic like hes never seen a woman half naked before. As some of your statements had been quite moronic but i agree with test driving the gto. It's like your asking him to do gay porn I mean I go out and test drive cars for the hell of it and it's sparked me today to go and test drive a gto tomorrow after i run some errands. This is kid is more about "handling" and "taste" and economy which is the only one he got right. The civic may be able to handle a few corners hear and there but ive seen civics try to keep up with me and it's no fun for them. I took an old high school friend out in the backroads who yet drove a civic and raced it back there. He was scared shitless of the lines i could take and handling i recieved so don't go bashing a american car just because it handles poorly because guess what the gsx may as well be an american car. Anyways you want something with taste buy a lexus or just buy whatever the hell you want.

Oh yeah btw whats quote is so going in the sig

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote