Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #1
frankiez77
CF Newbie

2002 Chevy Blazer Security Problems

I am having a major problem with my 2002 Chevy Blazer. This is the 4th time in a little over a year that the car would not start. If the car sits around for a few hours it will all of a sudden start again. I have brought it into the dealer each time and they have not found anything wrong.

From what I have heard, the security system in the Blazer has a anti theft system that will cut the gas going to the engine if somebody trys to break into the vehicle. I don't know why it would cut off just by going into the car normally either opening the doors via the remote or the key. This has left me stranded 4 times and if anybody has had this happen or knows of why and a fix I would appreciate it.

The dealer has not found a problem. If anybody can direct me to how they can find the problem please do.
frankiez77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #2
Ripplefxx
CF Newbie

Security problems

is your security system factory or is it aftermarket?
Ripplefxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:01 PM   #3
JDU&HIS2002
CF Newbie

Looking for some help here

Hey frankiez77 Im having the same exact prob. with my blazer. Its a 2002 blazer extreme. I too have been left stranded, 3 times. Every time i take it to the dealer and they say its fine. I am currently stuck in iraq so I havent had problems with it lately, but i was wondering if you found out how to fix it or anything.
JDU&HIS2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:40 PM   #4
carold
CF Newbie

Chevy Security System Problems

Ok...I don't have a Blazer, I have a Malibu...1998. However I am having the same problem...seems Chevy problem all around. My car locks me out for 10 minutes or so until it resets the fuel injection. I have seen 2 mechanics now and they have told me to take it to Chevy because they can't figure it out. I am stumped now that you two with Blazers are saying the same stuff. I know this morning I got locked out twice in a row because I tried to start it too close to when the security system light shut off. So I sat for another 10 minutes making me late for work. Good think I left early this morning or I would still be sitting there. I know I DON'T have the original key, and someone said that that could be a problem, I have one of the remakes from a key place. I bought this car second hand, so I don't have the key, but while I am not an expert this seems to be a Chevy problem key or not. If anyone finds out anything...give me a holler. cadinatale@yahoo.com or carold@patrician.com. Thanks.
carold is offline   Reply With Quote