Old 10-13-2005, 06:23 AM   #16
G-unot
CF Newbie

MAN thats crazy !!
G-unot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:49 AM   #17
bebopin64
CF Enthusiast

cant wait till im rich and i can buy all these cars i could only dream of.
bebopin64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:04 PM   #18
6000LE
Banned

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...ti_Veyron.html
Thats a video on some of the older Buggati cars, and of course, the new Veyron. Watch it make its first public appearance.
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 06:16 PM   #19
xlrated
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
It's a 3500 pound car, not very easy to make it slide, and it's probably got tunelling under the body for extra downforce...
Remember, it is also low to the ground, so it would less air resistence, not to mention the design in consideration.
xlrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 05:24 AM   #20
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrated
so it would less air resistence,

I'm still suprised at how high of a drag coefficient it has. (.39), I believe, which is pretty high for a supercar designed for top speed.
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #21
xlrated
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer
But since its a 3500lb car going 200+ wouldnt the momentum really cause steering problems with during even the slightest turns?
The design of the car has a lot of influence. If you take a look at the car closley, it is very low to the ground, causing less air resistence. The fact that it is a heavy car, does not have to do with a loss of momentum on the road. You can also notice the sleek lines of the car from anyt angle too. Less air resistence means less friction, which means better handling. The air goes through the grill pushing down on the car making it more stable. It could either be for a heavy or even a light car going 200+. I haven't exactly drove this car, but it looks like a very stable and very fast car if you ask me. take a look at the exotic cars; the Mclaren F1, the fastest car on record, is a very light car. In fact, the 90% part of it is a composite carbon fiber, a very light material. When going at very high speeds, the grill design sucks the air in creating a sort of "gravity" pulling the car down. If the car is scaled to be bigger and heavier, with the right proportions, then it would do fine. It would not matter for the bugatti veyron, as well, if the design is accurate and functional then it is cosmetic, the car would not lose momentum. I have not driven the car, but it seems to me that it is a nice looking car and is very stable.

Last edited by xlrated : 11-04-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:40 PM   #22
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
The design of the car has a lot of influence. If you take a look at the car closley, it is very low to the ground, causing less air resistence. The fact that it is a heavy car, does not have to do with a loss of momentum on the road. You can also notice the sleek lines of the car from anyt angle too. Less air resistence means less friction, which means better handling. The air goes through the grill pushing down on the car making it more stable. It could either be for a heavy or even a light car going 200+. I haven't exactly drove this car, but it looks like a very stable and very fast car if you ask me. Hope it helped.

It's actually got a rather high drag coefficient, so it doesnt' have "less air resistance." And less air resistence does NOT mean better handling.

Being a heavy car, it takes more effort to change direction (laws of inertia and all), so teh AWD and large tires, as well as stiff suspension is what allows it to handle decently (but not perfectly).

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #23
xlrated
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
It's actually got a rather high drag coefficient, so it doesnt' have "less air resistance." And less air resistence does NOT mean better handling.

Being a heavy car, it takes more effort to change direction (laws of inertia and all), so teh AWD and large tires, as well as stiff suspension is what allows it to handle decently (but not perfectly).
Before you school me, the car has 16 cylinders, it has a way better capacity to handle all the weight around than a Ford Pinto. And yes, less air resistance DOES mean better handlling since the design is not just by the front to back, but to the sides as well when it comes to fricion. Older cars do not have that , therefore more high drag coefficient, that I agree. But you must open your eyes and take a look at the future. Although it make produce some drag, it will be very little to notice.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #24
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Before you school me, the car has 16 cylinders, it has a way better capacity to handle all the weight around than a Ford Pinto.

16 cylinders has absolutely SQUAT to do with how it handles it's weight for handling purposes.

Quote:
And yes, less air resistance DOES mean better handlling since the design is not just by the front to back, but to the sides as well when it comes to fricion.

Then tell me, bright boy, why do the cars that have the MOST grip in the WORLD and the highest cornering speeds, have the WORST aerodynamics and the most drag? (I'm talking about, of course, Formula cars and the like). I've been building cars for decades, including road race cars designed specifically for handling, and NEVER has less air resistance done ANYTHING for handling.

Quote:
Older cars do not have that , therefore more high drag coefficient, that I agree. But you must open your eyes and take a look at the future. Although it make produce some drag, it will be very little to notice.

Open my eyes? I think you need to get out of books and actually start WORKING on cars before you make any more statements.

Low aerodynamic drag makes for high top speeds, but it does not help in cornering at all. Higher MASS has more inertia, so requires more power to get it moving, and more force to change directions. So while the "16 cylinders" may help generate enough power to accellerate it and get a good top speed, it does ZERO to help it corner or handle. And all the mass works against it and makes it harder to change direction.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 11-04-2005, 06:54 PM   #25
xlrated
Banned

I never said it the engine size has anything to do with it.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:06 PM   #26
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

then explain what this sentence means, in regards to our conversation about handling:

"Before you school me, the car has 16 cylinders, it has a way better capacity to handle all the weight around than a Ford Pinto."

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 11-05-2005, 06:12 AM   #27
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
then explain what this sentence means, in regards to our conversation about handling:

"Before you school me, the car has 16 cylinders, it has a way better capacity to handle all the weight around than a Ford Pinto."

Don't you just love hypocrites, lol.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:54 AM   #28
alongeasy
CF Newbie

The thing just pop out of my mind just before this. Hope u all agree with me.

Is there any crazy people recreate CUSTOM BUGATTI VEYRON?. I mean real VEYRON but include all the Gadget, System & even Tune-Up a bit for the Engine.

Just for Show Off. Beyron still go fast without any touch.

Anyone agree & anyone want to see? Lets us find together.... I hope.
alongeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #29
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongeasy
The thing just pop out of my mind just before this. Hope u all agree with me.

Is there any crazy people recreate CUSTOM BUGATTI VEYRON?. I mean real VEYRON but include all the Gadget, System & even Tune-Up a bit for the Engine.

Just for Show Off. Beyron still go fast without any touch.

Anyone agree & anyone want to see? Lets us find together.... I hope.
You'd have to be insane to spend that much on a Veyron only to want more power still...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote