Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2005, 01:20 AM   #16
Masuk
CF Newbie

I brought up the fact that there are other makes of the Eclipse in the form of the Laser and the Talon because there are some benifits to some of the older 1G models compared to the 2G and viseversa. For instance, if you were buying a turbo 2G, the BOV is a flimsy plastic peice as compared to the steel one that the 1G has. Thats just one example, there are more. Also, an older model DSM such as the Laser or Talon can be had for less money than a newer Eclipse, makes sence. I said this before I was aware that he was looking into a 98-00(I beleive those were the years)

But lets not forget the purpose of the thread, so with that being said, I stand by my opinion of The Mitsubishi Eclipse or any other model DSM for that matter is a solid car as long as you take care of it.
Masuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:36 AM   #17
google.com
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
Actually they have never made a "4wd" eclipse (there's a difference between awd and 4wd if I'm not mistaken), and not all are AWD, just the GSXs.

Funny, I've never tasted a car. I guess I've been missing out.

I never realized that "H3LL" was fast.
i guess you have missed out on the car tasteing contest contest (i guess i lost out cause i had no car that day but know i have)

Last edited by google.com : 07-19-2005 at 01:38 AM.
google.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:44 AM   #18
Bino
Written Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuk
I brought up the fact that there are other makes of the Eclipse in the form of the Laser and the Talon because there are some benifits to some of the older 1G models compared to the 2G and viseversa. For instance, if you were buying a turbo 2G, the BOV is a flimsy plastic peice as compared to the steel one that the 1G has. Thats just one example, there are more. Also, an older model DSM such as the Laser or Talon can be had for less money than a newer Eclipse, makes sence. I said this before I was aware that he was looking into a 98-00(I beleive those were the years)

But lets not forget the purpose of the thread, so with that being said, I stand by my opinion of The Mitsubishi Eclipse or any other model DSM for that matter is a solid car as long as you take care of it.

Yes, I'm aware of the differences between the 1G and 2G cars.

What should probably have been mentioned is the fact that the '98-99 Eclipse is a completely different car than the 2000 model... given that those are the years he's looking at.