Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2005, 03:07 AM   #16
CF's Anal Orifice
Originally Posted by Zalight
Im sorry, but I think you have no place whatsoever to insult Hobo. Especially when reffering to him as a dumb Kid. From what I've heard him talking about, he has a son, a wife, and 35 years of experience working on engines ranging from a VW beetle to aircraft. Of course I have only picked this up from him bashing me for making stupid statements.

So, if you for some reason think you know more than a person whose knowledge of cars is seemingly endless, with more experience in his pinky finger than in your whole body, then by all means try to tangle with the hobo.
Thank you.
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:12 AM   #17
Who's house? Runs house.
Anytime, while I do tend to argue with you sometimes, I have a great respect for you and your knowledge.
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:54 AM   #18
Supreme Demagogue
Originally Posted by CarEXPERT
I think that was a great post. It helped me. maybe you should listen up more and not talk shit before i kick your lil 10 year old ass.

This *IS* in violation of rules. Don't threaten anyone online. If you haven't learned by now the seriousness of this type of behavior, serious or just kidding around...give it another go. Your IP address is already noted if this type of behavior continues. PacBell wouldn't like to hear one of their patrons is acting in this manner.

Stay cool...and every one is cool.

A bit of respect given is a good way of gaining a bit back.

Thanks...and enjoy the forum.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2

Last edited by BavarianWheels : 01-15-2005 at 08:56 AM.
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:29 PM   #19
CF Newbie
uh light non-oversized wheels
carbon fiber hood etc
doesnt add power but its almost like it
chloroform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:42 PM   #20
CF Newbie
Originally Posted by Flame Roller
First off are you going to be racing your vehicle? Or do you just want to make it a little more powerful for fun? If you are going to race it then it would be assumed you are willing to spend a decent amount of money to upgrade the power of the vehicle. This in turn means you should probably get the bigger modifications, such as a supercharger, turbocharger, or whatever it is you are looking at. With that there is also the possiblity that if you have done many small mods some of them may actually be hindering you rather than helping you after you put other things onto it. There is a very fine line to tuning a vehicle, and each and every vehicle is different. You have to be careful not to weaken it rather than strengthining it. However if you are looking for slight gains just because you like to play with cars, then in general the smaller mods are a good bet, also they generally do not hurt, but still be careful. Also if you want to upgrade your car over time when you have the time the small mods are where to go, as the more expensive mods are sometimes too much of a chunk out of the bank account. This also is to say some mods are plain worthless. Don't waste money on something that is not going to do anything for your vehicle, better to save up for the more important mods. Also do not go overboard (especially in daily drivers) as you don't want something that is not going to be worth having. Most people don't want just a 'racing machine.' With that I am not sure what expensive for you means, I think of most mods as expensive, but some just plain worth it, get a good exhaust if your vehicle doesn't have it, which can cost around 1000 dollars for headers and a good cat-back but will show a noticeable improvement.

I'm still looking for a celica, just a car I've loved the style of for a while now & since I wrecked my last car I want to get 1. ]"click"[/color] .
Thats my info there cash I have to spend & such, I definitely will be getting the larger mods, but I want smaller tweaks as well. I was thinking if I could get a good price on a celica maybe with a bashed engine (to drop the price) I could get a V-6 for it & maybe enough for a turbo? what do you guys think I should be looking to mod/buy 1st. Any celica help please post in the celica thread, & any more small tweak help can go here.

Tyko is offline   Reply With Quote