Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2005, 09:55 PM   #1
72montecarlo
CF Newbie

car alarm

Im looking for a car alarm for my 72 chevy monte carlo. I am trying to find one that has an fm transmitter so that i get great range on operation of the alarm but i dont need the remote start or remote unlock crap. just arm and disarm. i found one...http://www.commandocaralarms.com/ite...?ProductID=435 that has 6 tone siren, 2 button arm, disarm remotes, parking lights flash, starter disable relay, and flashing led indicator. problem is i dont expect the range to be so great. if anyone has a clue where i could find a alarm very similar to that with an fm transmitter that would be great.
72montecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:01 AM   #2
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72montecarlo
Im looking for a car alarm for my 72 chevy monte carlo. I am trying to find one that has an fm transmitter so that i get great range on operation of the alarm but i dont need the remote start or remote unlock crap. just arm and disarm. i found one...http://www.commandocaralarms.com/ite...?ProductID=435 that has 6 tone siren, 2 button arm, disarm remotes, parking lights flash, starter disable relay, and flashing led indicator. problem is i dont expect the range to be so great. if anyone has a clue where i could find a alarm very similar to that with an fm transmitter that would be great.
If you don't mind me asking, why do you need the extra range?
You could always just buy a non-remote controlled alarm and buy a separate FM tx/rx.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:59 AM   #3
72montecarlo
CF Newbie

Well i actually found a nice alarm. Performance Teknique ICBM-7070 and only thing holding me back is it doenst say its a 6 tone siren. i dont however if that means i should assume its a basic 2 tone siren...I saw another alarm system here with a very similar looking siren and is described in that package as being 6 tone. If this is not the case however i will go with the PYLE PWD250 Paging 2 way car alarm .
72montecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote