Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2005, 12:04 PM   #1
robbie mac
CF Newbie

a little help please

hello everyone, I wonder if some of you could help me out? I am a graphite pencil artist that mainly sticks to portrait drawing but I am looking to include some drawings of cars into my collection. The only problem is that I have no knowledge of cars. Would it be possible for some of you to let me know what you consider to be some of the best classic cars or maybe what you think are some of the best looking cars that would be interesting to draw. Also if you could let me know what you think are some great classic or current sports cars, then it would be very much appreciated! As you can probably tell I have no knowledge of cars so I would be grateful for any help! I would happily post some of these drawings when finished if their was anyone interested.

many thanks,
Rob,
robbie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
importluva
Obsessed with imports

One of the great classic import cars is the RX-7 which was discontinued here in 1995. Search google for the 'fd rx7' to find pictures. Its a very beautiful car in stock form.

I don't know much about domestic cars, ill let the others chime in here. Keep us posted.

EDIT: See here for some pictures of stock rx-7. Be sure to go to the RX7 2000 link. Also, you could do my car . I have plenty of pics of my car...

Last edited by importluva : 06-28-2005 at 01:40 AM.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
campioj
CF Newbie

i think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie mac
hello everyone, I wonder if some of you could help me out? I am a graphite pencil artist that mainly sticks to portrait drawing but I am looking to include some drawings of cars into my collection. The only problem is that I have no knowledge of cars. Would it be possible for some of you to let me know what you consider to be some of the best classic cars or maybe what you think are some of the best looking cars that would be interesting to draw. Also if you could let me know what you think are some great classic or current sports cars, then it would be very much appreciated! As you can probably tell I have no knowledge of cars so I would be grateful for any help! I would happily post some of these drawings when finished if their was anyone interested.

many thanks,
Rob,

i think you should draw a peugeot 206 because of its silky lines and also they look awrsome! i love the jaguar Xtype and i think i have failen in love with the repsol honda (moto gp if that is any help). i would love to see some of ur picures i think that they will kool amazing.
i hope i was helpful
josh
campioj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:38 PM   #4
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

for a older muscle car you could draw a chevelle, mustang, camaro, GTO, trans am, or a vette

^My kids^
hhsrastler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #5
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

My girlfriend did an pretty amazing pencil drawing of a Lotus Esprit....I'll upload it if I can find it scanned on my computer. Anyway, thats a good one to do...
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:35 PM   #6
97Talonchik
discombobulated

That's awesome, definitely put them up for us once you're finished. I would love to see them.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
chris_knows
๑۩۞

A Nissan Skyline, the Maserati MC12, what about motorcycles, are you thinking of those too?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:47 PM   #8
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Bugatti Veyron

Aston Martin DB9

Last edited by 99integra : 06-27-2005 at 09:03 PM.
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:13 PM   #9
enzo#2
CF Addict

try a ferrari 288 gto. one of the best looking ferrari's in my opinion. can hardly wait to see some pics.
enzo#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:25 AM   #10
Freak Brain
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
One of the great classic import cars is the RX-7 which was discontinued here in 1995. Search google for the fd rx-7 to find pictures. Its a very beautiful car in stock form.

I don't know much about domestic cars, ill let the others chime in here. Keep us posted.

Chevy or Ford trucks before the 60's
Freak Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:24 AM   #11
robbie mac
CF Newbie

many thanks for all your help guys, you have come up with some great looking cars there. Ive been looking on google and found some good pics.

Chris originally I wasn't going to do motorcycles but I had a look at some pics after campoij suggested the repsol honda and I think that they would make for a good drawing, but I'm gonna stick to cars for now then have a look at motorcycles a little later on.

Matthew if you can find that drawing your g/f did, I would love to see it.

If its ok with you all im gonna narrow it down to a few pics that I like, then post them in this thread and you can let me know which one you like best, what you think the best car is e.t.c.

Many thanks for all your help guys, ill keep you posted,
robbie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #12
campioj
CF Newbie

Talking thanxs

thanxs
also show us the end product
and u can call me josh if u want

Last edited by campioj : 06-28-2005 at 12:31 PM. Reason: not a gd colour
campioj is offline   Reply With Quote