Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 09:10 PM   #1
Ferny
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 47
Celica GT-S vs. Audi A4/TT

Does either of them have massive problems? Also if the TT is best can you also provide me your second choice incase I have trouble finding one?
Ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
what TT are you looking at???
1.8turbo to the 3.2VR6
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
Ferny
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 47
Sorry I forgot to mention that. I'm more than likely going to go with the 1.8.
Ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:05 AM   #4
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
1st gen or 2nd gen???
i would have the TT over the celica if its just for you and another person!
if theres more than one, then id have (obviously) the A4 2.2 FSi
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #5
Ferny
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 47
Well the only person I have to tote around is my girl friend so a 2 seater doesn't affect me. Also I thought the TT coupe had a second row just not very much room. Also it would be first gen. But anyway I should stay with one of the Audi's rather than a Celica?
Ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:35 AM   #6
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferny
Well the only person I have to tote around is my girl friend so a 2 seater doesn't affect me. Also I thought the TT coupe had a second row just not very much room. Also it would be first gen. But anyway I should stay with one of the Audi's rather than a Celica?
thats what i meant about the TT, it has a second pair but not many people could fit in! it would be better if it was a 2 seat roadster/coupe
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:03 AM   #7
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Have you given much thought as to the cost of maintainence for the Audi? If you can afford it, go for it.
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:22 AM   #8
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Have you given much thought as to the cost of maintainence for the Audi? If you can afford it, go for it.
i didnt think of that! an audi tt/a4 or whichever audi you choose, can be a fairly expensive vehicle to run, unless,as elchango says- If you can afford it, go for it, but id have the Audi 80 2.0 sport
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:04 AM   #9
Ferny
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 47
I know at 85,000 miles I have to replace some timing belt which can be a lot if I can't do it myselft. Are they really the much to maintain though? A few kids I know have Audis but I never heard of any upkeep issues. Just trouble with mods.
Ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:19 AM   #10
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferny
I know at 85,000 miles I have to replace some timing belt which can be a lot if I can't do it myselft. Are they really the much to maintain though? A few kids I know have Audis but I never heard of any upkeep issues. Just trouble with mods.
It swings in roundabouts really, both cars are reliable, the Celica slightly more so......maybe. The Audi is more luxurious though. The 1.8T can feel a little underpowered though. I've driven one once and was disapointed! I seem to recall some speculation about them being RWD? All I can say is that 1st generation ones here in the UK we either FWD or AWD, I believe all new ones will more than likely be AWD, with this on mind, I'd go with the Audi!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.