Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2008, 03:48 AM   #1
robert070775
CF Newbie

Question newbe needs help 93 olds ciera missing

Hi people. Just a newbe here. I have a 1993 olds cutlas ciera. 3300 v6. new plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, o2 sensor, tranny filter & fluid, ( i tried to do all the simple stuff first) also oil and filter. this thing has a terriable miss in it. I pulled the wires off one at a time and could not tell any difference in the missing. at idle you can tell it has a miss, when you take off (or should i say if it takes off) the car is very sluggish and spits and sputters like all get out. when you finally get up to a higher rpm it will smooth out (some) but you can tell it still has a miss. Any one have a suggestion on what could be wrong with this thing . I have racked my brain on this thing for 2 years now. the old car is in great shape other than that missing. i got it with 33k miles 3 1/2 years ago and it only has 90k on it now. oh, no lights are on and the check engine light works, but is not lit. any help would be appreciated. thank you.
robert070775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
DBain
CF Enthusiast

When my car started misfiring I changed out the plugs wires cap and rotor first. My mechanic then told me it was more than likely the coil. So I put a new coil on. Ended up being the plugs. I used Bosch platinums on the previous change and it worked for about 3 mos. Tried them again and no luck. Went back to the NGK iridiums i had before the boschs(they were still sitting on a bench in the garage) and it went away.
Anyway I'd have to say if it's not plugs wires cap and rotor, go for the coil.

1987 Chevy Scotsdale
350CI TBI 4sp Auto 2WD
2dr Std Cab Short Bed
DBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:09 AM   #3
tbaxleyjr
CF Extraordinaire

I don't think the Olds Alereo has a cap and rotor - I think it has DIS.
tbaxleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote