Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #616
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Sick....and I'm up at 3 am after a long party and i can't go to sleep....someone get me a nice cup of tea and Advil
must have been a good party? drink lots? whats advil?

oh, i have found a new song i like, joe nichols-i'll wait for you.
i like it alot although, on google, it says hes a country singer, (music i dont hear lots of)

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.

Last edited by True_Brit : 03-03-2007 at 12:23 PM.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #617
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
must have been a good party? drink lots? whats advil?

oh, i have found a new song i like, joe nichols-i'll wait for you.
i like it alot although, on google, it says hes a country singer, (music i dont hear lots of)

It's a pain reliever, kinda like Aspirin.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:44 PM   #618
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I've been saving up some money and am wondering whether or not to spend it on a computer. I know a couple of members have built computers on these forums, and I'm thinking of doing the same thing...It's going to be made for gaming and will cost around $2,000-$2,500. I plan on upgrading every 6 months or so, spending about $200...What I wanna know is; will it remain a good gaming computer for at least 3 or 4 years? What other options do I have?

The only computers i have ever had were built by my dad, if you build it proper it could last for probably 2-3 years max for top of the line games, what do you plan on playing or are playing now? the thing you have to realize it there wont be a 24/7 tech line to help you trouble shoot all the bugs, ive never had one that worked perfect from day one but damnt they were fast and cheap, so make sure you have some wicked computer knowledge or wicked research skills to trouble shoot yourself.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:58 PM   #619
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
The only computers i have ever had were built by my dad, if you build it proper it could last for probably 2-3 years max for top of the line games, what do you plan on playing or are playing now? the thing you have to realize it there wont be a 24/7 tech line to help you trouble shoot all the bugs, ive never had one that worked perfect from day one but damnt they were fast and cheap, so make sure you have some wicked computer knowledge or wicked research skills to trouble shoot yourself.
There are plenty of books and stuff that show how to do it, but I'll make sure I have some more resources before starting.

The games out now that I want to play are like Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and Rainbow Six: Vegas...Mostly first-person shooter games, but also some racing games and stuff too. I'll really have to think it over whether to build it or not, because +$2,000 for a computer seems like a waste of money, but if it's going to last for a while, it doesn't seem that bad lol.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #620
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Quote:
There are plenty of books and stuff that show how to do it, but I'll make sure I have some more resources before starting.

The games out now that I want to play are like Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and Rainbow Six: Vegas...Mostly first-person shooter games, but also some racing games and stuff too. I'll really have to think it over whether to build it or not, because +$2,000 for a computer seems like a waste of money, but if it's going to last for a while, it doesn't seem that bad lol.

if you want hassle free your best bet is usally something prebuilt, and alienware makes some kick ass packages, get one built for extreme BF2 gaming and it should be able to play anything on the planet for at least a couple years.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #621
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I watched F&F:Tokyo Drift today. Obviously not the most realistic film ever made, but good all the same! I couldn't help but wonder how much Vin Diesel got paid for his 30-second appearance in the movie. Anybody know?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #622
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
if you want hassle free your best bet is usally something prebuilt, and alienware makes some kick ass packages, get one built for extreme BF2 gaming and it should be able to play anything on the planet for at least a couple years.
I thought Alienware overpriced their stuff. I would buy one pre-built, but I can't find exactly what I want - for example 2 AMD FX-72 processors on the ASUS L1N64 nVidia nForce 680a motherboard, with a eVGA AR GeForce 8800GTX GPU. (Just throwing out random things) and most places don't offer those combinations. I'll definitely look at Alienware though, thanks
Old 03-05-2007, 12:58 AM   #623
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Quote:
I thought Alienware overpriced their stuff. I would buy one pre-built, but I can't find exactly what I want - for example 2 AMD FX-72 processors on the ASUS L1N64 nVidia nForce 680a motherboard, with a eVGA AR GeForce 8800GTX GPU. (Just throwing out random things) and most places don't offer those combinations. I'll definitely look at Alienware though, thanks

they may be overpriced like i said ive never bought a prebuilt, but they make a BF2 specific frame rate pusher. My dad likes getting into heavy overclocking and cooling to acheive awesome numbers
Old 03-05-2007, 03:25 AM   #624
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
I'll really have to think it over whether to build it or not, because +$2,000 for a computer seems like a waste of money, but if it's going to last for a while, it doesn't seem that bad lol.
When you get a car, you're going to be asking yourself why you spent $2000+ on a computer and even more for upgrades and games when your old computer would have gotten you by. Maybe the average person wouldn't, but you seem like a car enthusiast. Unless your a computer guy as well, then I guess you'd ask yourself why you spend $2000 to make your car 1 second faster in the quarter mile when you could've gotten a nearly top-of-the-line computer.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:58 AM   #625
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
they may be overpriced like i said ive never bought a prebuilt, but they make a BF2 specific frame rate pusher. My dad likes getting into heavy overclocking and cooling to acheive awesome numbers
I can't find the BF2 specific system, but the more time I spend on that website, the more I think those things look amazing and have great setups. I might get one from there instead of building.

EDIT: Just saw this
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
When you get a car, you're going to be asking yourself why you spent $2000+ on a computer and even more for upgrades and games when your old computer would have gotten you by. Maybe the average person wouldn't, but you seem like a car enthusiast. Unless your a computer guy as well, then I guess you'd ask yourself why you spend $2000 to make your car 1 second faster in the quarter mile when you could've gotten a nearly top-of-the-line computer.
Yeah, that's a good point. I'll have to decide which to buy first. I won't really do too many upgrades to my car when I get it (almost definitely under $1,500)

Last edited by chris_knows : 03-05-2007 at 04:01 AM.
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 PM   #626
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I just saw the Discovery Channel special "The Lost Tomb of Jesus", and that's pretty amazing. However, I'm not sure whether it's just exaggerated for ratings or not. Has anyone else seen it/know how accurate the stuff they say are (Like the probability of them being wrong about it is 1 in 36000)?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:12 PM   #627
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
I just saw the Discovery Channel special "The Lost Tomb of Jesus", and that's pretty amazing. However, I'm not sure whether it's just exaggerated for ratings or not. Has anyone else seen it/know how accurate the stuff they say are (Like the probability of them being wrong about it is 1 in 36000)?
i didnt intend to watch that! i watch alot of Air Crash Investigation, i think thats a very good programme!!!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:46 AM   #628
True_Brit
Has a new job!

has anyone tried a Battered Mars bar yet??? i have, today, i would say its better than the mars bar itself!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Fried_Mars_Bar

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Old 03-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #629
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
has anyone tried a Battered Mars bar yet??? i have, today, i would say its better than the mars bar itself!!!
I'm pretty sure that thats literally the last thing America needs. Plus, they look like moldy dog craps. Probably delicious though.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:43 AM   #630
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
LOL, They've been about for years! I have to say though, they've never really appealed to me...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote