Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2004, 01:41 AM   #31
cwzilly
CF Newbie

You don't deserve a car, why don't you wait untill your more knowlegable and respective. I have a feeling you can't drive, with the way you post.
cwzilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 04:01 PM   #32
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
I think the accord is an good deal. My parents owned exactly the same model, just different color. Responsive acceleration, nice braking. But i am not sure if you can do anything "ricer" to it, since it looks so mature and family like. The accord is nice, best you can do to it, is repaint it, get rims, and that is about it. I would rather have engine modifications instead, since i prefer power over looks, but since you are first time driver, you do not need such a powerful car. PLEASE DO NOT PUT A BODY KIT ON THIS ACCORD!!!! Because that is plain ugly, jus leave it stock, and get a nice exhaust system as well, get that nice sound

well i was just planning to get intake / exhaust systems and tires / rims thats it. if i was to go any further, i would just save that money and buy a new car.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:05 PM   #33
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Okay, kid. One moment while I fetch my soapbox. My brother's former car was a 1993 Honda Accord LX. Same body style as that one, same color.
Point 1- The color doesn't bother you now, but you just wait. It becomes more teal by the day.
Point 2- His car had 171,000 miles on it. Of course, highway miles, blah blah. Luckily, it never broke down. Kudos to it in that respect- it handled the high mileage... decently.
Point 3- The wheels get ugly, too. Much akin to the color degeneration, the wheels will soon drive you insane. I reasoned this to be b/c there is almost no inner wheel with rotors/calipers visible!!!! Annoyance.
Point 4- Spare your faith in the power windows. The driver's window ceased to work. Rather, ithe car could pull it down like a champ, but had some trouble pushing the window back up without driving it off the track... Ten points to that. We had it repaired- in a makeshift sort of way. The mechanic placed the window back in the track, but said that you couldn't roll it down ever, or it would go off the track again. If we wanted it to be functional again, we'd have to replace the whole power window for the driver's seat.
Point 5- I've never been a fan of cars that shake violently once you hit 55. For some reason, the car's not a fan of going above 50, so it incites its protest by shaking you like hell. Chalk one up to the '93 Honda teal of steel.
Point 6- A delightful idea, the retracting antennae. Delightful when it works. Of course, like most things on the car, one day in a fit of rage, the antennae decided to cease to function. Oh joy, oh rapture.
Point 7- As far as I knew, squeejies (spelling?) (You know, the things that they have at the gas station for cleaning the windshield- a combination of sponge and rubber... thing?) were meant for use on the outside of the car. Of course, one unfortunate night- and it was rather cold out.... the windshield fogged beyond belief. Despite the fact that the defroster was turned up all of the way, in addition to us applying fresh air (as you always should...), the windshield almost rendered us blind. While my brother drove, I had to sit in the passenger's seat and continue to wipe the windshield to keep us from driving off of the road. Not fun.
Okay. Now that that is out of my system... you said that your price range is $11-12k? Don't mind my asking- why in the hell would you consider a $2000 '92 Honda Accord when you have that much money? I understand the whole idea of saving money, but the car is truly an exercise in masochism. Don't torture yourself.

thats why i have this thread up to get suggestions if its a good deal or not.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:19 PM   #34
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
first of all, stop burning the car if you never drove it yourself. For your information my parents owned this car until two years ago, we bought it brand new. We sold it not because it had any problems, we sold it because we needed a bigger car. The power windows thing is easy to fix, you go to a car salvage yard buy a motor for twentybucks (one off a newer model will still work) and do it yourself, it takes like 30 min to do. And why would you want see any rotors you moron? It is a family car, not a sports car. And the attenae never even broke for us, what did you do to it? go through car wash with it up? And the wheels and color is all personal preference, if you do not like it it doesnt mean that someone else doesnt like it. And for your information; i live in Canada and the weather here is much harsher then Kentucky, and not once did that fogged window problem ever happen.

Ki2ay, do not listen to him, buy it if you like it. My parents had this car for nine years, and not one time did we have to take our car into the shop for any problems. Only times we ever did take it into the shops were accidents. It is a super reliable car, and it is steal at 2k. If you really like it, just go ahead, it is a great car to start off with. But there is one thing you might not like about it, the turning radius isnt so good. But that is not a big problem.

Actually I know for a fact that this car is in top conditionÖ I've droove it every now and then.. Its been owned by 2 ladies in their early 40's. everything functions well, I donít mind the color, just aslong its not pink or magenta. And I donít mind the rims heck* I wouldnít mind if it didnít have any rims. The automatic doors works fine, and the car does not wiggle when you go past 55. the car has never been into any accidents and my sister and her best friend never had any serious problems with it.. Only time they ever brought it to a shop was when they needed alignment and new brake pads. My brother has the same car except, itís a 93 model 2 door. And he never had any problems with it either.. Also, he has about 170k miles on it. Oh yeh, I donít mind the turning radius

You know honda dosnt have such a great reputation for nothing patrick.
And everything you have listed there, I think they all relate to every man made vehicles out there.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:25 PM   #35
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwzilly
You don't deserve a car, why don't you wait untill your more knowlegable and respective. I have a feeling you can't drive, with the way you post.

go to hell.

u need to get pimp slapped.

Last edited by Ki2AY : 06-07-2004 at 06:36 PM.
Ki2AY is offline   Reply With Quote