Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2003, 02:03 PM   #16
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti
Does a Vtec have to be made for a specific car? I've looked around for hours looking for stuff for my car and I didn't see a Vtec. If there was a universal type one that fit on my car I would buy it immediately.

More proof you're not very smart. Read the above posts and figure it out.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 03:04 PM   #17
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You are half right, maybe mostly right. But VTEC = Honda. Although I did see a sticker on a Kia the other day.

Yeah, I know that the VTEC system is all Honda, but my point was that it wasn't anything revolutionary, just an evolution on existing technology.

Quote:
Does a Vtec have to be made for a specific car? I've looked around for hours looking for stuff for my car and I didn't see a Vtec. If there was a universal type one that fit on my car I would buy it immediately.

...Let's just say it's not a bolt-on...
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:16 PM   #18
Infiniti
CF Newbie

All I see is grandpa claiming Vtec=Honda, being told he is wrong, and the reply to me which says v-tec isn't just a bold-on. Only conclusion I get from that is it is possible but unlikely, right?
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:52 PM   #19
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
All I see is grandpa claiming Vtec=Honda, being told he is wrong, and the reply to me which says v-tec isn't just a bold-on. Only conclusion I get from that is it is possible but unlikely, right?

Look you little weenie, VTEC is Honda, it is a trademarked name. If you were capable of reading you will never find where I said that variable valve timing was invented by Honda because I never said it.

It's good to see you've come to that conclusion. It proves you might have some of the brain you were born with.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 05:59 AM   #20
carlover
CF Newbie

my FX45

I jsut baught a Infinitie FX45 and it is sweet, so amny people ahve said that is the ugliest car but i love it i went 145 down the insterstate heading into LA and it was really awesome!
carlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 05:14 PM   #21
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

My friend also has just bought one. Fully loaded! The sound system is quite nice with the dual sub-woofs...

His is black with the dark brown leather interior! VERY NICE...!!!

If I ever would buy "rice", I'd buy that in an instant.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:25 PM   #22
carlover
CF Newbie

ya

Ya i went to work this morning and at the stop light there was this little old laddie in her cadilac diville lol and i cranked up the "Alien Ant Farm" song and i scared the crap out of her she honked her horn and everything when it turned green i just peeled away thought but it was funnier then hell!
carlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 02:53 AM   #23
Arthur
On Probation

the G20 comes with the nissan SR20DE engine which Never came with variable valve timing, I believe some nissans may have something called NEO VVTI but not the SR20DE. With that engine you can Either go the N/A Route and build it up and turn it into a high compression monster or you can go the Turbo route and either Build that specific engine or go out and buy a SR20DET and install that either way its going to cost some money. Also if your just after Bolt on perfmance for now, Go ahead and get a good Header, exhaust and Intake. it isnt the way the get hte MOST power but it will help.
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote