Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2004, 09:40 PM   #1
davscool
CF Newbie

Overheating Problem

I was wondering if anyone can help me with my problem. Does anyone have any possible reasons for why I could have a car that is steaming up, even though there is no change in the temperature gauge, it remains at its normal level. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!
davscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 02:02 AM   #2
Slimone
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davscool
I was wondering if anyone can help me with my problem. Does anyone have any possible reasons for why I could have a car that is steaming up, even though there is no change in the temperature gauge, it remains at its normal level. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!
Hi , first of all if its steaming DON'T belive your temp gauge ,now there is many resons for it to run hot ,check fan ,water pump, thermostat, leaking radiator and no coolant,check these after it cools down . good luck Slim
Slimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:34 AM   #3
Chester Merritt
CF Newbie

Chet

Can you detect where the steam is coming from? There are different causes for steam.
Chester Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 04:39 AM   #4
speedy266
CF Newbie

I agree, temp gauges are werid, lots of new cars they never move from the normal area even if ur idling wit the ac on, or driving down the highway with the heat on, it does not change! Its not accurate, on the other hand ive found GM temp guages that have numbers to be accurate rather than just the temp guages with C and H and the needle is in the middle all the time.
speedy266 is offline   Reply With Quote