Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
Joey04
CF Newbie

Talking What your worst test drive experience?

I went to test drive a Focus i had seen advertised in my local paper last night but didn't even get out of the seller's cul-de-sac! The car was a complete mess, rubbish on the floor, dog hair everywhere etc. If thats how the man cared for the interior I just didn't think he could look after the engine so I left!

Has anyone else had a similiar experience? Talk about the seller trying to make a good impression for the buyer!
Joey04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

For me buying it would have to be when I ran out of gas in the sellers car and had to walk back to get my car. Told the seller I wasn't interested in it and that it was a couple of blocks down the road.

As a seller, it would have to be when I was selling my '73 Baja Superbeetle. I was in high school and my younger brother had put my back wheels on the car for me. Well, I didn't check them and I'm driving down the road with this guy who is interested in buying my car. Well we stopped to look over the car and when we got back in and he started off, we felt this clunk in the back and the car dropped a couple of inches. The lug bolts had fallen out and the wheel had settled on the hub. Ooops. He ended up buying the car anyway.

Come to Wisconsin and smell our dairy air.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #3
Inygknok
El del Supra

worst testing experience..... tbh, it was actually when i drove shotgun on my friend jay's old prelude (yea, the one that went under a truck) when he first drove it with me..... and also the first time i drove it. he almost crashed around 5 times just giving me a lap around the block, scared as hell (i still get nervous with him).... hes that bad of a driver....

when i tested his car, it was so krap and made so many different engine noises that it was truly pityful. worst part was when he asked me if i liked it..... i liked the interiors and the exterior looks.... but thats it :P

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:27 PM   #4
Joey04
CF Newbie

Haha, loving the fact the seller ran out of petrol!

Anyone else got a nightmare test drive story?
Joey04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:59 PM   #5
glagon1979
daddy x3

i got one. i was selling my 1984 monte carlo (mint condition), my pride and joy, some f***ing idiot decided he was gonna rear end a car while on the test drive. f***ed up the the header pannel, and both the fenders. i could have killed that f***er
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #6
Inygknok
El del Supra

thought i would post this as well....

this was when my friend jay first got his 1993 prelude, im sure it was his worst testing experience ever (and will most probably remain so). he went to the dealer and saw that the car looked really damn good outside and inside. he got into the car to test drive it with another friend of ours (i wasnt there). while driving around, the car shut off twice and overheated once, and it was an automatic..... trembled when he turned on the A/C..... he still bought it

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote