Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2005, 06:39 AM   #91
x1/9-rally
CF Enthusiast
 
x1/9-rally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nevada's Septic Tank
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
The guage that shows the ammount of Boost being given. The one thats like

-30........................30
......-20..............20....
.......... -10....10.........
................ 0.............

I love how I jsut made that by hand.

You mean a Boost Gauge?
__________________
x1/9-rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #92
IwantaSti
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 52
I just put that video on there cause i thought it was funny...I hate srt4 and mustangs..
IwantaSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #93
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Lol, no I definitely wouldn't.... and I'm doing the same thing with the Mustang? How so? I don't run around saying ti can beat ferrari's do I? Or any kind of 4cyclinder out there? Find one post where I have stated that? You can't because I haven't. While these SRT-4 kids have blantly done this with the Mustangs. I guess maybe they like trying to make fun of Mustangs because they can defeat them in a race I don't really know nor care. Uneven yes... but these kids aren't MAD because they can't beat them they go around and say they can... your so stupid man... lol Btw the video was funny because it made fun of somethin that some of these SRT-4 kids do.
And im not one of these SRT-4 kids, so why are you putting this label on me? I dont even have an SRT-4 to begin with.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 05:21 PM   #94
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1/9-rally
You mean a Boost Gauge?
Thought it had some more technical name.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #95
johnfilice
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Just like to say I've still yet to see a COMPLETELY stock SRT-4 pulls these 13 second timeslips everyone claims. Best yet is 14.0x, average is more around low-mid 14s.


I've seen an SRT-4 pull a 13.8, obviously they take the best time ever ran for the SRT but the same goes for the cobalt, they probably can't run under 15.
johnfilice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:19 PM   #96
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfilice
I've seen an SRT-4 pull a 13.8, obviously they take the best time ever ran for the SRT but the same goes for the cobalt, they probably can't run under 15.
Im sure the SS with a few boltons can pull 15 if not lower. The car itself is dead gorgeous. Love the wheels and tails on it. Matter of fact just about everything on the car appeals to me.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:03 PM   #97
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
hah. i'm sure that car can pull mid 14s. infact that's right where car & driver and motor trend have it. both have it posting 14.4s @ 100mph. then again... motor trend has an srt-4 posting the same exact time (@ 99mph)... so there is a possibility that it can do 14.0 with a better driver.

and from what i've heard the cobalt SS 205hp/200tq is underrated.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:09 PM   #98
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
hah. i'm sure that car can pull mid 14s. infact that's right where car & driver and motor trend have it. both have it posting 14.4s @ 100mph. then again... motor trend has an srt-4 posting the same exact time (@ 99mph)... so there is a possibility that it can do 14.0 with a better driver.

and from what i've heard the cobalt SS 205hp/200tq is underrated.
They are both great cars. Too bad this is the last year for the SRT-4 and the neon.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:15 PM   #99
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
it's the last year for the neon, but not the srt-4. havn't ya heard of the caliber?

it doesnt have an srt-4 version yet, but it's supposed to soon. and it's available in AWD.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:19 PM   #100
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
it's the last year for the neon, but not the srt-4. havn't ya heard of the caliber?

it doesnt have an srt-4 version yet, but it's supposed to soon. and it's available in AWD.
But the SRT-4 and Neon bodystyle is gone. It will never be the same.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:50 PM   #101
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak
 
pik_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
But the SRT-4 and Neon bodystyle is gone. It will never be the same.
it's honestly not the end of the world.

sure, the calibur doesnt seem to really be a direct replacement for the neon, but i'm sure it'll grow on ya...
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:15 PM   #102
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
it's honestly not the end of the world.

sure, the calibur doesnt seem to really be a direct replacement for the neon, but i'm sure it'll grow on ya...


As much as I love Dodge......I have to say that the Caliber is a pile...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:40 PM   #103
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
As much as I love Dodge......I have to say that the Caliber is a pile...
Looks like a cross of a Vibe and rav. Kinda like a "I wana be a sports car but I look like a mini SUV"
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:54 PM   #104
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
And im not one of these SRT-4 kids, so why are you putting this label on me? I dont even have an SRT-4 to begin with.

No SH*T You F*cking idiot! But you were defending them and I responded to it! My GOD you miss the point of EVERYTHING it's a wonder you can even drive... then again with 2 wrecks already on your license at the age you are...
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:23 PM   #105
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
No SH*T You F*cking idiot! But you were defending them and I responded to it! My GOD you miss the point of EVERYTHING it's a wonder you can even drive... then again with 2 wrecks already on your license at the age you are...
Yea..you would get defensive if someone trashed on a mustang...like that dude with the SE-R limited 2000 eddition.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.