Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2006, 06:30 PM   #346
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
That is a pretty damn simplistic answer which of course makes it wrong. Sounds like you got that definition from a place like Wikipedia. It's almost as bad as saying "it's four I4's next to each other". Rubbish. If it's two V8's, why does it only have one crankshaft? A traditional "W" engine has three banks of cylinders. A modern "W" engine like the Veyron is more appropriately called a "Double V", but it doesn't sound as catchy. Finally, let's not forget forget engines like Yahama's YZR500 which has two banks of two cylinders and two crankshafts, but is also considered a "W" configuration.
I think he said that because at least one of the articles I've read on the Veyron, I think more than that, desribe the engine as 2 W8's spliced together. I beleive one of the magazines was Road & Track.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:38 AM   #347
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Alright, not car related, but here's a conversation over MSN that just happened:

Quote:
Chris Knows. says:
send it now lol
$07orange peel says:
send wat?
Chris Knows. says:
the resume lol
$07orange peel sends:

Open(Alt+P)
$07orange peel says:
wat speed internet do i hav

You have successfully received C:\Documents and Settings\lol baleted\My Documents\My Received Files\Sean's resume.doc from $07orange peel.

Chris Knows. says:
dude...you spelled college wrong lol
$07orange peel says:
Chris Knows. says:
where are you applying?
$07orange peel says:
i spelled it the canadian way dumbass
Chris Knows. says:
dude, there is no 'canadian way' to spell college lol...collage is a collection of things...1 sec...Dictionary.com defines it as "The art of creating such compositions."
$07orange peel says:
holly snikey
Chris Knows. says:
where are you applying?
$07orange peel says:
anywere
Chris Knows. says:
o cool
$07orange peel says:
lol
$07orange peel says:
dude i already made 11 copies
Chris Knows. says:
lmfao!! dumbass

He spelled "college" wrong, and thought it was the "Canadian way"

BTW if anyone wants the resume, I can PM it...it's about 3/4 of a page in size 18 font

Last edited by chris_knows : 02-29-2012 at 01:45 AM.
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:28 AM   #348
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

hmm, i think that may be akin to when newyorker posted stevens (or whoever, i may be lacking in details) phone number and got banned...

i wouldnt give it out if i were you...
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:47 AM   #349
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by pik_d
hmm, i think that may be akin to when newyorker posted stevens (or whoever, i may be lacking in details) phone number and got banned...

i wouldnt give it out if i were you...

What am I giving away?...His resume?...Alright, I guess it is a bit personal...scratch it, I'm not sending the resume
Old 02-08-2006, 05:23 AM   #350
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

ok soooo....doesn't relate to cars, but I was at work and somehow a co-worker started to talk about masterbation and hes like its normal to masterbate you have to masterbate 3 times a week to get rid of your load or else it builds up....(doesn't make sense cause after 10 days I think it dies and you replace it) anyhoo carrying on. The other guy that was with us says if you do it then it falls off. He walks out of the room and then like 2 seconds later comes back and in a voice like hes about to cry he says...."wait a second does it really fall off"? haha classic what an idiot.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:26 AM   #351
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

HOLY CRAP! i can believe this thread is still going strong, i made it about 3 years go, that so cool
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #352
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
HOLY CRAP! i can believe this thread is still going strong, i made it about 3 years go, that so cool
Yeah there are a lot of dumb people out there who are allowed to speak. Thus this thread is kickin sround still
Old 02-14-2006, 05:27 AM   #353
rumble
CF Newbie

alright i have two this one guy who apparently collects cars right i was talkin with him and my bro any how we where talkin about a supra that was makin 1500 hp and he looks at me and i ask him what. He calls BS i ask why he then tells me that it not possible for any car to make near 850 hp much less 1000 and the other one is a guy told me his firebird can make it to 90mph in first gear
rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 05:32 AM   #354
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

I vote for;

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumble
alright i have two this one guy who apparently collects cars right i was talkin with him and my bro any how we where talkin about a supra that was makin 1500 hp and he looks at me and i ask him what. He calls BS i ask why he then tells me that it not possible for any car to make near 850 hp much less 1000 and the other one is a guy told me his firebird can make it to 90mph in first gear

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #355
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Tell me, my good sir; do you know what this is: "." or how about this: ",". Its called punctuation, and its your friend.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:07 AM   #356
elchango36
WWJCD

Drunk girl walks into the liquor store today, looks around, and sincerely says, "Ya'll aint got NOTHING to drink in here!"
Old 02-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #357
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Drunk girl walks into the liquor store today, looks around, and sincerely says, "Ya'll aint got NOTHING to drink in here!"
LOL, you're kidding right? i hope thats just a joke. that or she was just being a bitch.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #358
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
LOL, you're kidding right? i hope thats just a joke. that or she was just being a bitch.
No joke, I think maybe she was looking the pop machine??
Old 02-18-2006, 01:51 AM   #359
ehhh
CF Newbie

ok this isn't car related, but at mcdonalds this guy right goes through the dirve thru waitin for like 10 mins come to find out he waited for a cup of water for his flowers
ehhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:57 AM   #360
97Talonchik
discombobulated

With my job, I'm constantly in contact with Physician offices across the country. I was attempting to set up a time for one Physician to talk to one of our Physicians about a patient. I called the office and the phone rang about 5 times. Someone finally picked up and sat there. I said hello? Then she starts going into a spill about "Thank you for calling Sports Medicine and Orthoped.....(stops)....hello?" So I say hello again. She starts laughing and finally starts to help me. We start looking at the schedules to see when it would be convenient for them to speak. I ask her what time zone she's in. She says "umm, hahaha I don't know?". I ask her what time it is there. She says oh it's 4:53 PM. I said ok, you're in Eastern Time. She says wow, I never knew that! Come on now...how do you not know what time zone you are in?

Another story:
We have a Credit Union in our office building. One of my friends got his rebate check back for some batteries he bought during Christmas. The check was a whopping $2.25. He takes it to the teller. She pulls up his account information and looks at the check. She looks at him and says, I can't cash this. He asks why. She says because this check is made out to Bob and this account is for a Robert. He never did get the check cashed there because he couldn't make her understand it was the same name.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote