Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
Glenn_Kawesch
CF Newbie

New v. Used Cadillac Escalade

Hello, my name is Glenn Kawesch. I am new to car-forums.com and have a general question about the Cadillac Escalade. I really like the new 2007 but I can get a 2005 for about 25K cheaper. Is there that big a difference? Seems like a big jump for 1.5 years.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn Kawesch
Glenn_Kawesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

I don't know of any specific differences between the model years, but buying an Escalade is about image for a lot of people. It's kind of a show-off vehicle for a lot of buyers, seeing as they want somehting large, shiny and NEW. Hence my reasoning as to why their resale is so low. Just a theory, but if it's true, then it makes sense to buy a used one, financially speaking.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Well, I think if they lose that much value over such a small period of time you should go for a used one, otherwise you'll be the guy with the 05 escalade who got screwed and lost 25k+ on his vehicle by selling it for 25k.

The 07s are slightly restyled, though, if that matters.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
99integra
CF's Florida boy

All the new GM suv's and trucks are starting to look more and more like f*ck ups so go with the 05
Old 11-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #5
jwrescalade
CF Newbie

Escalade

Those same questions were going through my head befor purchasing my Escalade. I ended up purchasing a second hand one from CAR MAX. They had the best quality, and deal.... HOPE THAT HELPS>>>>>
jwrescalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:18 AM   #6
carwhizzkid
CF Newbie

yea... i think that the escalade quality is good, so go used. Although, the downprice 25k has to tell you something. like the quality is different, or just the syyling cost a lot. also, check your options. they might be fully loaded on the 07 and none on the 05.

Hope that i can help. =)
carwhizzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:19 AM   #7
carwhizzkid
CF Newbie

by the way the new one looks too much like a tahoe... the 05 is unique.......
carwhizzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:22 PM   #8
smallangryneon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Kawesch
Hello, my name is Glenn Kawesch. I am new to car-forums.com and have a general question about the Cadillac Escalade. I really like the new 2007 but I can get a 2005 for about 25K cheaper. Is there that big a difference? Seems like a big jump for 1.5 years.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn Kawesch
The new one looks kinda like an edgy minivan. The '05 will definetely look a lot cooler.
smallangryneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #9
Gwokable
CF Newbie

I have an 88 Cadillac Brogham, and I know several people who've had 90's and 00's year caddy's so I have some backround knowledge about cadillacs.

Basically, a caddy is a caddy; high quality parts and workmanship and so long as you change oil and do basic maintainance to it, keep track of your fluid levels and make sure you keep track of imminant failures and real failures, and what was replaced and when any cadillac will practically last forever because that's what they're designed to do.

Between the 2005 and 2007, the engine and trans are probably the exact same between those years with a few tweaks here and there.

With that said, I'd go with the 2005 simply because I never buy anything new and therefor, untested. More importantly, I'd look at the mileage and get an idea of what you're going to invest in bringing that car into a shape where it can be properly taken care of. If it has 40,000 or 50,000 miles on it there's a good chance you're going to need to dome some work as supposed to 5,000 or 10,000 miles.

The higher pricetag is due to it being new; in my experience the only advantage a new car has is you know it hasn't been used before.
Gwokable is offline   Reply With Quote